2015 Modern Roleplay

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• APPLICATION:

Player Name: Darren I

Nation you wish to play as: New Zealand

Name of your leader: Prime Minister John Key

Roleplay Example: I am in the RPU, and have been in varouis RPs on S1914 and sone in CoW

I agree to follow the rules of all new features and any features that will be implemented
      Agree

I promise i will be able to play this roleplay for a long duration of time
      Yup

I Agree that if i break any rules I will be kicked from the game.
      I Agree

I agree to Roleplay daily in the DE and to keep my posts professional.
      yup

I agree to not leave the game due to players and events occurring in the roleplay
      I Agree

I Hereby Read All of the Information in this forum post and agree to follow all the information in this forum post
      nod and smiles

Any Questions:
      not yet :)
      Chánfucius
      Community Support
    • Player Name: Elan Thompson

Nation you wish to play as: Iran

Name of your leader: Hassan Rouhani

I agree to follow the rules of all new features and any features that will be implemented
      Agree

Yes

I Agree

I Agree

I agree to not leave the game due to players and events occurring in the roleplay
      I Agree

I Hereby Read All of the Information in this forum post and agree to follow all the information in this forum post
      Yes

I have a question
      No

The Article is old and kinda out there but I don't feel like finding another one

Due to all the new reforms by King Bouteflicka riots and fight have broken out between those who support the monarchy and the reforms and the Islamic groups who are against the reforms.

In Ghardaia a same-sex marriage was stopped when automatic gunfire riddled the courtyard where the two were to be married. The Royal Algerian Army was called in to fight off the attackers when the local police realized they were ill equipped. The attackers were reported to be wearing all black Burqas and sporting fully loaded AK-47s. Currently 12 attackers are dead, 3 are in hospital, and 9 are in custody; the Royal Intelligence Office has stated “We don’t believe this attack was planned by a terror group. This was simply some illegally armed Islamics showing a deadly display of defiance.”

At the Royal Palace in Algiers Islamic protesters are outside are banging on the gates and screaming for the King to step down as the loyalist and RAA troops push them back. A recent poll has shown that 51% of Algerians are in support for the reforms, most of this support is in the eastern provinces which are still scared the civil war 13 years ago as in the western provinces they are against the reforms especially the new foreign policies as they remember the wars with Morocco.

King Boutflicka announced to the protesters that Algeria is among the lowest level of economic/militaristic strength and that these reforms will help Algeria leave the dark ages. Loyalist have expressed pure join as they can express themselves without fear of being persecuted and blame the Islamics for holding Algeria back. Islamics have expressed anger saying that these reforms go against the Qur’an and against the Five Pillars of Islam. They call the loyalists and the king infidels and say that if King Bouteflicka doesn't step down they will pull him down.
    • APPLICATION:

Player Name: Patton

Nation you wish to play as: Japan

Name of your leader: Shinzo Abe

Roleplay Example: (Must have to be accepted this requires a written example of your roleplay abilities, this example can be on any time period and it can be from previous roleplay's.)
      The second Berlin Conference
      The second Berlin Conference was largely uneventful in matters regarding Siam, with most leaders dismissing piracy around trade routes to Singapore. Since Siam does not have the experience or the size of navy to deal with pirates, trade is impacted surely. Thankfully, the German Kaiser pledged to help once the German East Asian Fleet was back to a full complement. The suez canal was one of the major topics discussed, as it had been transferred to Germany after the end of the second Franco Prussian war. As it was a matter of Egyptian pride, the talks turned sour and just weeks later, German troops were assaulting the Canal. This was repelled but a quick intervention by the Italians brought swift victory to what could have been a long conflict. The other major topic was the Ivory coast. This was unimportant to Siam. Portions were given mostly to Germany and Austria, with Germans friend the balkans got a piece of the share. Notable leaders there were the Kaiser, whose country was hosting the conference, the Prince of Bulgaria, King George V of United Kingdoms and Ireland, the Austrian monarch, Prince and heir apparent Chakrii Sumate of Siam, and Empress Tatiana Romanov of Russia, last of her name.

Tiger of Singapore
      When invitations to the conference were sent out, Rama VI of Siam received one, but in his stead sent his son, Chakrii Sumate. Chakrii had served in the army during the war besieging Singapore, and had almost led an entire army across the "Hump" a series of massive, awe inspiring Mountains. His reputation among soldiers is legendary, earning him the nickname "Tiger of Singapore." Although not all that soldiers say is true, he is an excellent commander, leading boldly from the front and inspiring. He is also very skilled at hand to hand combat, and dueling. His fathers tutoring in France served as his teacher. So, Rama VI knows his son will be a capable leader. To learn about international politics, he was sent to the conference. Being one of two leaders from around the Orient, he had little care for the Ivory coast, or the Suez canal. He didn't want to oppose the Germans, and it would do little good to meddle in imperialism, as his country still bears those scars.

Chakrii and Rama discussing the conference
      “Father, war seems inevitable. The Japanese were insistent upon having southern Sakhalin.”
      “And what do you think we should do?”
      “The Russians will decimate Japan. Their army is far greater, and not bound to a weak Tsar as before. Obviously ours and Japan's ambitions will clash, so side with the bear. Not direct intervention.”
      “Yes, we are not ready for war with the newly ascendant. We must complete the rail line, and at least start a navy that can harass enemies. And the pirates need to be taken care of.
      “Father, this Russian Empress is determined to show the world her strength. At the conference she seemed disinterested, sure of something. Only when the balkans came to be discussed did she wake. Her parents and siblings death bolsters her conviction. I believe she will pay back what was taken from Russia tenfold.
      “I agree, but we must not involve ourselves before we are ready.”

Report from the engineering team at the royal dry docks
      Germans have arrived, construction started. 3 cruisers on beams. Projected time is at least a year. Workers experience improving.

Agree

Yes

I Agree/Disagree

I Agree

I Agree

Yes

I have a question
      Nope.
      I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.
      A day may come when the courage of men fails,
      when we forsake our friends
      and break all bonds of fellowship,
      but it is not this day.An hour of wolves and shattered shields,
      when the age of men comes crashing down,
      but it is not this day!
      This day we fight!!By all that you hold dear on this good Earth,
      I bid you stand, Men of the West!!!
    • APPLICATION:

Marius Pudzianowski

Nation you wish to play as: Finland

Name of your leader: Marius Pudzianowski

Roleplay Example: I'm pretty good with history, generally the sort of things that other players would have to research. For example, I can cite Finland's use of the geography surrounding its lakes region in its defense of the Soviet invasion that preceded USSR's wider entry into the second world war.

I'm currently playing "The World War" RP. I post often, and my posts are good quality -- something between serious and not serious, but passable for fictional international communications and particularly intended to be humorous.

As Illinois, I fought against Kentucky. In so doing, I referenced several facts about Kentucky. They're rednecks, they're famous for making bourbon, they have a fanatic fanbase for their college basketball team.

If I can get Finland, I know all kinds of things about Russia/USSR/Whatever it's called now, and will incorporate them into the roleplay. I can make fun of Sweden and Norway and any other Nordic neighbors.

Agree

Yes

I Agree

I Agree

I Agree

Yes

I have a question
      Yes
      Is Finland available?
    • APPLICATION:

Player Name: Emp. Lelouch

Nation you wish to play as: India

Name of your leader: Arijeet Alaukik

Roleplay Example:

(News Anchor) Newly appointed President Lelouch Lamprouge will be addressing the nation today about the sudden aggression of the Russian backed Rebels in Ukraine.

(President) My fellow country men and women, I would like to express to y'all on what is currently happening in the Ukraine and how this will affect us in the coming years. These sudden acts of violence caused by the Russian Government has destabilized the Ukraine. A Eastern European Nation seeking to join the European Union. The Nation of Ukraine is asking the United States of America for help, because the Europeans are not, this time in our history is critical to what we stand for, Freedom. Now i believe that we are a kind and loving nation, so i will be enacting a executive order to help the Ukrainian people, and stop the growing threat of Russia's influence and tyrannical acts of starting wars for the reason of gaining land.

Starting March 6th, the United States Military will be asking the United Nations to allow for 20,000 US Military Personnel to enter the Ukraine and establish a DMZ with the Ukraine Rebels controlled territories. These Peace Keepers will not be there to kill or murder or cause chaos. We will be there to strictly stop the aggression of the Rebels. I understand the full affect of sending men and women to possibly be killed, but the Russian Federation has openly opposed intervention and will actively target any American War Planes in Eastern Ukraine. So our only possibility is to send the ground forces.

My Generals inform me that the Peace Keeping Mission will only last until the end of this year. To effectively eliminate the Ukrainian Rebels and stabilize the nation. If we do not stop these Rebels backed by Russia we will face countless National Security risks that can put the American People at risk. In addition to the Peace Keeping Mission i have instructed NATO member nations to being mobilizing in case of a Russian attack on US Peace Keeping Forces. If Russia does attack American or NATO forces it will start a world conflict that we will be ready for. Thank You, and God Bless the United States of America.

(New Anchor) There you have it people. Will this Peace Keeping Mission bring the USA and the World into WW3 or will the Russian back down and stop supporting the Pro-Russian Forces only one can guess?

Agree

Yes

I Agree

I Agree

I Agree

Yes
      If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won’t follow.

Do you know why snow is white? Because it forgot what color it was.

Strength that knows no boundaries is merely violence.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Emperor Lelouch ().

• Hey Mag, do you require that I do the sign up application? I'm not sure if you reserved Italy for me. :P
      “War alone brings up to their highest tension all human energies and imposes the stamp of nobility upon the peoples who have the courage to make it." - Benito Mussolini

"It is absurd to believe in the possibility of perpetual peace...Fascist education must be education for battle. Fascism believes in sanctity and heroism." - Achille Starace

• Player Name: KingHadradia4000

Nation you wish to play as: Italy? (Not sure if you reserved it for me)

Name of your leader: Sergio Mattarella

Roleplay Example: I've been in plenty of roleplays. Also am a part of the RPU.
      If you need me to, I will complete the sample article within 4 to 5 hours.

Agree

Yes

I Agree

I Agree

I Agree

Yes

I have a question
      No
      “War alone brings up to their highest tension all human energies and imposes the stamp of nobility upon the peoples who have the courage to make it." - Benito Mussolini

"It is absurd to believe in the possibility of perpetual peace...Fascist education must be education for battle. Fascism believes in sanctity and heroism." - Achille Starace

• Player Name: purplepizza117

Nation you wish to play as: Israel

Name of your leader: President Ahron Gedalyah

Roleplay Example:

(Translated) Today, in the city of Roma, Prime Minister Donatel Mascuretto made an announcement to the Italian people. "We shall not let these countries fight back!" Mascuretto said. "The country of the French Empire has invaded us, and we have counterattacked. But the imperialistic British have declared war on us and are advancing through our rightful lands in Libya from their 'ally', more like 'puppet state', of Egypt. The amount of casualties on our side are little compared to that of the British, but what is immense when you take into account that the British outnumber us four to one, is that we have not given up hope. Our fighters have laid waste to factories in France and the British Isles. Our infantrymen have worked diligently to fight an enemy nine times our size in the steep hills of the Alps earlier in the war.

"And we are not done yet." Mascuretto continued. "No, we have another victory– this time not military. Our faithful ally of Germany has quietly begun marching troops to Alsace-Lorraine, a feat not accomplished to such scale in the history of man, and as I am speaking she [Germany] will open fire on French troops presently." Mascuretto paused as cheers erupted from the audience.

"Today, we shall not cower in fear! Today, we shall not retreat! Today, we will push forward! Today we shall not only sidestep our enemy but also deliver a destructive blow. Yes, I have an announcement to make. At the same time as German troops invade Luxembourg and France, we have successfully landed a large amount of troops outside the key British city of Alexandria and are now outflanking the garrison there in order to capture the city.

"In order to do this, the much inferior Italian navy had to weave and dodge its way through the many British submarines in the Mediterranean- once, a sub was eighteen hectometres away from our convoys, and we successfully evaded destruction. Therefore, a new age has begun- one where the overall four to one manpower advantage the coalition of Turkey, Britain, and France has matters not. It is one where strength and cunning overthrow sloth and sheer power."

The speech comes at a time where Italian and German armies begin to work their way out of the tactical quagmire that was Savoy and Egypt.

Agree

Yes

I Agree

I Agree

I Agree

Yes

I have a question
      No
      It's been a while
    • John pete1 wrote:

If you have skype, send me a contact at jhon.hi.people so i can add you into the skype chat
      There is no one on skype with the name jhon.hi.people
      If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won’t follow.

Do you know why snow is white? Because it forgot what color it was.

Strength that knows no boundaries is merely violence.

• Player Name: LightningTurk

Nation you wish to play as: The Republic of Turkey

Name of your leader: Ahmet Davutoglu

This will be my first Call of War Roleplay. Ive been on a solid amount of rps in s1914.
      I am here to Represent The Roleplayers Union, and honestly just came because ya wanted me to XD
      If it is deemed necessary, I would be happy to post a sample article.

Probably...If I know how to.

Ill Do My Best.

Bruh.

Professional, yes. Daily, maybe.

Yep, Down with the ship.

Yes.

I have a question
      Yes

(Please write question here)

What are thooooooooooooooooooooose?
      "Unity and Loyalty Above All"

My Youtube Channel is linked in the thumbnail

The New Roleplayers Union Discord is linked to the Banner.

• purplepizza117 wrote:

Player Name: purplepizza117

Nation you wish to play as: Israel

Name of your leader: President Ahron Gedalyah

Roleplay Example:

(Translated) Today, in the city of Roma, Prime Minister Donatel Mascuretto made an announcement to the Italian people. "We shall not let these countries fight back!" Mascuretto said. "The country of the French Empire has invaded us, and we have counterattacked. But the imperialistic British have declared war on us and are advancing through our rightful lands in Libya from their 'ally', more like 'puppet state', of Egypt. The amount of casualties on our side are little compared to that of the British, but what is immense when you take into account that the British outnumber us four to one, is that we have not given up hope. Our fighters have laid waste to factories in France and the British Isles. Our infantrymen have worked diligently to fight an enemy nine times our size in the steep hills of the Alps earlier in the war.

"And we are not done yet." Mascuretto continued. "No, we have another victory– this time not military. Our faithful ally of Germany has quietly begun marching troops to Alsace-Lorraine, a feat not accomplished to such scale in the history of man, and as I am speaking she [Germany] will open fire on French troops presently." Mascuretto paused as cheers erupted from the audience.

"Today, we shall not cower in fear! Today, we shall not retreat! Today, we will push forward! Today we shall not only sidestep our enemy but also deliver a destructive blow. Yes, I have an announcement to make. At the same time as German troops invade Luxembourg and France, we have successfully landed a large amount of troops outside the key British city of Alexandria and are now outflanking the garrison there in order to capture the city.

"In order to do this, the much inferior Italian navy had to weave and dodge its way through the many British submarines in the Mediterranean- once, a sub was eighteen hectometres away from our convoys, and we successfully evaded destruction. Therefore, a new age has begun- one where the overall four to one manpower advantage the coalition of Turkey, Britain, and France has matters not. It is one where strength and cunning overthrow sloth and sheer power."

The speech comes at a time where Italian and German armies begin to work their way out of the tactical quagmire that was Savoy and Egypt.

Agree

Yes

I Agree

I Agree

I Agree

Yes

I have a question
      No
      Isreal, interesting option.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.