Occupied Territory Revolted

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Occupied Territory Revolted

I was inside the borders of a territory I was attacking, but not yet made it to the center of it. After removing the occupied center with mobile artillery, the territory revolted and joined a nearby country I was not at war with. Is this a bug? I cannot enter into the borders of a country I am at peace with, but do not have rights of passage in danger of going to war. So, how can I have troops within the borders I am attacking and they revolt. I could had moved the troops to attack the region's center after the revolt, and the warning of starting a war did not occur. ?(
    • Hello!

This is not an error, if you are in a war against another nation and you have recently conquered the territory of an enemy, the province may rebel and move on to another nation. To avoid this, I recommend let troops in the cities conquered with low morale.

A greeting.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • Max, he didn't conquer the territory yet.

Audie, by eliminating the garrison you eliminated the troops that may have prevented the province from revolting to a neutral, third country.

Also, it doesn't matter if your units are in the territory of an enemy, friend, or neutral country before, during, or after a revolt as far as impacting or preventing the revolt.

It also usually doesn't matter if your units were "caught" in the territory as a result of the revolt. This usually won't cause a war w/ the new owner if you remove the troops fairly promptly (and without going through the new owner's town/city if you don't have RoW).
    • I Patton wrote:

Max, he didn't conquer the territory yet.
      Ah, ok. Thanks for the information.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.