Who Benefited The Most From WW2?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Who Benefited The Most From WW2?

Which Country Benefited The Most From WW2? 16
        USA (10) 63%
        USSR (2) 13%
        Israel (2) 13%
        Germany (1) 6%
        China (1) 6%
        Brazil (0) 0%
        Italy (0) 0%
        Japan (0) 0%
        England (0) 0%
        France (0) 0%
      Which country benefited the most from World War 2? Was it worth the resources lost for the USSR? Was it worth being nuked for Japan to receive help from the US and grow into the prosperous, bustling, advanced country it is today? Did the US benefit the most when they prevented Germany's rise to power?

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." -Jack Handey

The post was edited 2 times, last by of Jophan ().

• USA. Definitely, they were better positioned.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • Russians I think benefited the most. The American economic woes of the 30s would have eventually, but without the opportunity to become the dominant power in Eastern Europe, the USSR would not have become a superpower. And also, certainly not surprised to see nobody voted for Britain, since the British Empire pretty much was dismantled because of the war.
    • Not A Communist wrote:

Israel should be on there, they got their own nation pretty much due to WW2.
      Correct. Britain granted independence to Israel.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

• Liberinsula wrote:

Russians I think benefited the most. The American economic woes of the 30s would have eventually, but without the opportunity to become the dominant power in Eastern Europe, the USSR would not have become a superpower. And also, certainly not surprised to see nobody voted for Britain, since the British Empire pretty much was dismantled because of the war.
      The Soviet Union could have conquered all of Europe in 1945. But United States possessed the atomic bomb, and that led to the start of the cold war.

• I will make changes to the ballot, then. You may change your vote within the next 24 hours.

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." -Jack Handey
    • purplepizza117 wrote:

I just didn't know you could edit polls.
      The creator of the thread can edit polls.

• It doesn't matter too much now, I've edited the poll so you cannot change your vote.

• of Jophan wrote:

It doesn't matter too much now, I've edited the poll so you cannot change your vote.
      Correct.

• Maximilien wrote:

Liberinsula wrote:

Russians I think benefited the most. The American economic woes of the 30s would have eventually, but without the opportunity to become the dominant power in Eastern Europe, the USSR would not have become a superpower. And also, certainly not surprised to see nobody voted for Britain, since the British Empire pretty much was dismantled because of the war.
      The Soviet Union could have conquered all of Europe in 1945. But United States possessed the atomic bomb, and that led to the start of the cold war.
      If I understand this correctly you are just backing my original point further; that is, the Ruskies got very strong because of the war and were dominant in Eastern Europe and could have taken Europe at the end of the war. Why they didn't grow further, is a entirely different matter, and certainly it makes sense that once the Americans had the bomb there would be a major deterrent to further Soviet expansion.
    • Liberinsula wrote:

If I understand this correctly you are just backing my original point further; that is, the Ruskies got very strong because of the war and were dominant in Eastern Europe and could have taken Europe at the end of the war. Why they didn't grow further, is a entirely different matter, and certainly it makes sense that once the Americans had the bomb there would be a major deterrent to further Soviet expansion.
      Correct!