How to declare war without damaging reputation?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• In normal games, nothing happens if you backstab an ally or attack without previous warning. The reputation thing is that when you play vs Elite AI, if your reputation is really low, they will embargo you and even declare war. Only way to not lose reputation and invade a country is if you're attacked.

To declare war without just attacking the guy, you go to the diplomacy tab. The diplomacy tab is divided into two: 'Information' and 'Messages and Trades'. Go to the former, search for the country you want to declare war on and change your status to war.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • UrokljivoOko wrote:

Yes, found it :) Tnx again!
      Can I bother you some more?
      Is it important that I time the attacks from different sources? So infantry from direction 1 attacks in the same time tenks come from direction 2? If so, how can I do it? I tried with Delay, but it doesn't seem very precise.
      Sure, I love answering questions for polite people! Most of the new guys we get here ain't so nice.

And timing is and isn't very important. If you're attacking AI, no need to bother with timing, as they'll limit themselves to defend their country. If you're attacking a player, you might want to time it to give them no time to react, but the only way to do it is through delay, which IS precise, but moving the bar can get quite annoying. I recommend just attacking at nighttime, and maybe giving your troops 'Add Target' orders, so they push deep into enemy territory, and therefore the enemy won't threaten your core provinces.
    • UrokljivoOko wrote:

Maybe they think they need to act like tough guys? :D
      I hope than you won+t mind adding questions as I fins them?
      How do I "repair" a unit? If my infantry is at 80% after the battle, can I raise it back to 100 before the next battle and how? The same goes for tanks, planes and boats as well.
      1. All land and air vehicles repair themselves automatically. The higher the morale of the province they're stationed in, the faster they will repair.
      2. Naval vessels automatically repair themselves when not in combat. Only way to accelerate reparation rate is with gold.
    • Tnx!
      Can you tell me how does combat works? If I attack with a plane, infantry, tank and anti tenk, how will they deal dmg to defending tank, anti aircraft gun and infantry? Will AA gun fire only on my plane, or will his dmg spread to all? Or all will have the full dmg individually?
      Same question for tank, infantry etc...
    • UrokljivoOko wrote:

Tnx!
      Can you tell me how does combat works? If I attack with a plane, infantry, tank and anti tenk, how will they deal dmg to defending tank, anti aircraft gun and infantry? Will AA gun fire only on my plane, or will his dmg spread to all? Or all will have the full dmg individually?
      Same question for tank, infantry etc...
      You see, this is one place where I can't help you. As a veteran player, I am just mind-boggled by hitpoints, morale, and basically the whole of the combat mechanics. I limit myself to knowing each unit's strengths and weaknesses.
    • Thanks @Pablo22510 for your colaboration!

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • UrokljivoOko wrote:

When I go to "production", there is a couple od "queue" slots. How can I use them?
      Hello! This is a function of the High Command.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

In normal games, nothing happens if you backstab an ally or attack without previous warning. The reputation thing is that when you play vs Elite AI, if your reputation is really low, they will embargo you and even declare war. Only way to not lose reputation and invade a country is if you're attacked.

To declare war without just attacking the guy, you go to the diplomacy tab. The diplomacy tab is divided into two: 'Information' and 'Messages and Trades'. Go to the former, search for the country you want to declare war on and change your status to war.
      Just as a quick aside re: what Pablo wrote about Elite AI is a bit of an understatement.

I was doing some play testing (to get more accurate answers for Help Chat) and learned very quickly that Elite AI can be a bit unforgiving.

After conquering a couple minor AI countries I found I was subject to a handful of trade embargoes. By the time I conquered about 1/3 to 1/2 of Western Europe nearly every AI country had a trade embargo against me and a couple DoW'd me!

It was definitely interesting.

Thanks for letting me butt in.
    • I Patton wrote:

Pablo22510 wrote:

In normal games, nothing happens if you backstab an ally or attack without previous warning. The reputation thing is that when you play vs Elite AI, if your reputation is really low, they will embargo you and even declare war. Only way to not lose reputation and invade a country is if you're attacked.

Just as a quick aside re: what Pablo wrote about Elite AI is a bit of an understatement.
      I was doing some play testing (to get more accurate answers for Help Chat) and learned very quickly that Elite AI can be a bit unforgiving.

After conquering a couple minor AI countries I found I was subject to a handful of trade embargoes. By the time I conquered about 1/3 to 1/2 of Western Europe nearly every AI country had a trade embargo against me and a couple DoW'd me!

It was definitely interesting.

Thanks for letting me butt in.
      I was kinda trying to say that. Thanks, @I Patton :D Yeah, Elite AI can get REAL mean. I got war declared on me by 3 cpountries (Sweden, Hungary and Romania), just for invading without previous warning. I managed to beat them, but they were a pain in the proverbial.
    • Tnx guys for filling in, every scrap of info is welcomed!
      I have a few more questions:
      How can I see the range of airplanes before buying them?
      What is the range of Rockets? Nuclear bombs?
      What is the range and power of SP artillery? Can I kill enemy army from afar with them? How far, will they come and kill me back? :)
    • UrokljivoOko wrote:

Tnx guys for filling in, every scrap of info is welcomed!
      I have a few more questions:
      How can I see the range of airplanes before buying them?
      What is the range of Rockets? Nuclear bombs?
      What is the range and power of SP artillery? Can I kill enemy army from afar with them? How far, will they come and kill me back? :)
      1. It gives you numbers for the range, but they aren't much use. So you can't know it, basically.
      2. Same as 1.
      3. You can kill enemies from far with SPA, and they won't go for you if you have troops in between.
    • So, the winning strategy is a SP arty and some units to bodyguard it and you can sweep the AI off the board? Conquer the whole country?
      So, submarines are used as scouts as they can't be seen unless they attack? What if I make 10 of them and attack a ship, sink it.... how long before they become invisible again?
      How can I see the number of hit points / armor of a unit? For instance, is it better to build 3 destroyers or 1 battleship?