S1914 Features Imported to CoW

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• S1914 Features Imported to CoW

I originally took an interest in S1914 (as well as 30K) just to gain insight into the questions (and often faulty answers) I was seeing in the CoW Chats when I was a Mod. But, I have to say, there are features of S1914 that I've come to really appreciate and enjoy. I'm referring primarily to those that don't impact gameplay but, rather, impact the sense of community, competition, and personal achievement of playing the game.

For those who don't know S1914, I'll post a couple screenshots (whose links to gyazo should be good for about a month).

1. Achievements - Are visible to other players. When a player achieves certain achievements (usually by building and defeating a certain number of a particular unit type) one gets a badge.

Badge Board

2. Medals - Are visible to other players. When a player takes 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. place in a given scenario (map) they are awarded a medal.

Medal Board

3. Coalitions - S1914 Coalitions are a recent addition to the game. They function much like game specific Alliance Groups or Teams in that each member of an in-game Coalition has a Coalition flag next to their country flag, a Coalition chat, auto Share Map, and every country of the coalition has the same territory colour in the newspaper map.

This makes it readily apparent, to all the other players, who is in who's Coalition and, therefore, working together. In many ways, it's like a CoW Team Game but memberships in the various "teams" can change throughout the game.

In the following Map View pic you can see Japan (green), Philippines (brownish red), and French Indochina (blue) are different countries.

Map View

But, in the newspaper, it can be clearly seen they are members of the same Coalition as all three appear as green.

Newspaper Map

While there are other S1914 features, of various sorts, that would be nice to have in CoW the above three are, imo, those which players might most enjoy having in CoW.

The post was edited 1 time, last by I Patton ().

• I Patton wrote:

1. Achievements - Are visible to other players. When a player achieves certain achievements (usually by building and defeating a certain unit type) one gets a badge.
      It's good idea for COW.

I Patton wrote:

2. Medals - Are visible to other players. When a player takes 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. place in a given scenario (map) they are awarded a medal
      It's good idea. The medals should be based on the medals from the Second World War.

I Patton wrote:

3. Coalitions - S1914 Coalitions are a recent addition to the game. They function much like game specific Alliance Groups or Teams in that each member of an in-game Coalition has a Coalition flag next to their country flag, a Coalition chat, auto Share Map, and every country of the coalition has the same territory colour in the newspaper map.

This makes it readily apparent, to all the other players, who is in who's Coalition and, therefore, working together. In many ways, it's like a CoW Team Game but memberships in the various "teams" can change throughout the game.
      It is possible that this idea should be added to the Call of War.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • The entire profile system from S1914 needs to be ported over. I started playing S1914 when I was 13, and 6 years on, I'm still amazed by how clean and easy to read the layout is.

I also, and I believe was mentioned a few months ago, would like to see city view: its one of the most iconic features of S1914, and I believe it was present in 30Kingdoms
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • TankBuster wrote:

I believe it was present in 30Kingdoms
      30Kingdoms need any features imported of S1914.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

• Excellent suggestions, Currently I couldnt possibly care less about the 'achievements' part of my profile, its far too general (no decimals regarding kill ratios for instance).

Loved the medal and ribbon part of 1914 - and proud I never got the infamous purple heart badge:)
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

I'd also like the province view.
      It's good idea.

• I Patton wrote:

In the following Map View pic you can see Japan (green), Philippines (brownish red), and French Indochina (blue) are different countries.

Map View

But, in the newspaper, it can be clearly seen they are members of the same Coalition as all three appear as green.
      I love this idea!
      It's been a while
    • I Patton wrote:

Cool! That sounds great; It'll draw a lot more interest towards team games.

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." -Jack Handey
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

For me the most important ones are portrait and title. I believe the flag shouldn't be changed, because if not no one would know who was who
      Correct, the flag should have only several options. For example, the flag of Spain could be changed to the Rojigualda.

• Maximilien wrote:

Pablo22510 wrote:

For me the most important ones are portrait and title. I believe the flag shouldn't be changed, because if not no one would know who was who
      Correct, the flag should have only several options. For example, the flag of Spain could be changed to the Rojigualda.
      No, I think you could have any flag, but if someone puts an offensive flag, he should be banned permanently.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

No, I think you could have any flag, but if someone puts an offensive flag, he should be banned permanently.
      As in the S1914, correct?

• Pablo22510 wrote:

Maximilien wrote:

Pablo22510 wrote:

As in the S1914, correct?
      Yeah.
      Good idea.

• purplepizza117 wrote:

I like this idea, like S1914, but that also means more tickets.
      Correct.