Should fighting stop army movement.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Should fighting stop army movement.

New to game, but couldn't see this anywhere else, so....

Had stack of land units (tanks & inf - 10 units in all ) versus another stack (initially 11, AC plus inf plus militia). I also had an artillery piece with AA gun back from the fight for bombarding.

Check back an hour or so later, and the enemy land army has moved through my land army and was attacking my artillery group. The enemy army had taken losses (down to 8 units) and my land army still numbered 10. Eventually my artillery unit was destroyed before I could get the land army back to render assistance.

So -
      Does fighting tie up the armies involved such that they can't move?
      If not, how does one manage to "push" through an enemy unit without destroying it?

Grey
    • greyman567 wrote:

New to game, but couldn't see this anywhere else, so....

Had stack of land units (tanks & inf - 10 units in all ) versus another stack (initially 11, AC plus inf plus militia). I also had an artillery piece with AA gun back from the fight for bombarding.

Check back an hour or so later, and the enemy land army has moved through my land army and was attacking my artillery group. The enemy army had taken losses (down to 8 units) and my land army still numbered 10. Eventually my artillery unit was destroyed before I could get the land army back to render assistance.

So -
      Does fighting tie up the armies involved such that they can't move?
      If not, how does one manage to "push" through an enemy unit without destroying it?

Grey
      Interesting... This has never happened to me. I have some theories of what could have happened but this is impossible to happen since once 2 armies attack each other you can not retreat the armies or push through them until 1 of the armies is dead.

My Theory 1:

If your attacking a enemy country and they have you marked as Right of Way you will go right through enemy units but like i said the battle hasn't happened in this case so your units passed right through his. Now in this case he would then have to attack your Arty to signal yall as enemies.

Theory 2: Yall had right of way or share map in which the same applies with with Theory 1.

Other than those 2 theories i dont see how this happened.
      If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won’t follow.

Do you know why snow is white? Because it forgot what color it was.

Strength that knows no boundaries is merely violence.

• Ok. Thanks for the reply.

To add some detail - we were already at war. It occurred in what was my province. We 'met' at the border and inflicted some losses on him. My artillery was stationary and already bombarding from a location between the province 'centre (town)' and the province edge.

His units after killing my artillery and AA pushed on to take the province. My other land units then chased and caught him in the province (town) centre.
    • I've never heard of this happening must have been a bug or something because like i said armies once they engage another army cannot move until 1 of the armies is destroyed

• Doktor Faust wrote:

I thought that this is a known bug because it happens to me always. The enemy moves through my moveless stack and attacks the artillery stack standing behind (~30 km). Both of my stack involved in the battle.
      Its the first ive heard of this so i doubt its a known bug

• Ive had this a number of times have asked if its bug but never had an answer. in 1914 armies fight to the death, on three occasions ive checked back to find my army standing alone and 1 or 2 enemy troops have went through them to capture a province of mine
    • Yep. Has happened again. In this case, the defending army split before I arrived to attack.

I'm wondering if the problem can be reproduced by:

1. Moving artillery into range for attack.
      2. Artillery starts firing on target
      3. Standing army still moving to target
      4. Target splits and half move to attack the artillery.
      5. The units then sail past each other like ships in the night. (perhaps)
    • It just happened to me too. I invaded someone's country, his army ran away so I sent my scout unit ahead to catch up and engage. It caught up and engaged as intended (losing half its strength in the process), but I just went back to the game and discovered it has continued to move past the still existing 3-unit enemy army toward the province border (where I originally set it to go).

In this case it probably suits me as it saved my scout from further damage, but a bug like this could play total havoc with your defences.