WWI RPG With Major Rules and Historic Signifigance

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• WWI RPG With Major Rules and Historic Signifigance

NOTE: If playing this RPG, it is helpful to keep a notebook of file on your PC keeping track of every Capital you took.

I am creating an RPG for WWI. It will take place on a Europe 1932 - Road to War map, and there are two teams. These teams are shown below. If you are interested in joining this game, please message below which country you would like to play as, and you will be added. The game starts only once all slots are filled. If you have any questions, ask them below and they will be answered ASAP.

Click the below nation names to view their unit details. If a nation is reserved, you may still apply to be them, but will only be accepted if the previous person who was thinking of being them pulled out. All are welcome to reserve a nation.

Entente:
      France (GreatbigHippo)
      Russian Empire (centurion4321)
      United Kingdom (Maximilian)

Central Powers:
      Germany (Carl Wilson)
      Turkey (Gable Wilson)
      Yugoslavia (bocaj78)

Non-Playable Factions:
      Spain
      Sweden
      Italy
      United States

Rules:
      No Gold Use

No foul language in paper or diplomacy

Forbidden units may not be used or researched

Tanks MUST move with an infantry when transporting through enemy territory to represent their slow speed

Any faction is allowed to attack any other nation who isn't part of their alliance.

All players MUST BE ACTIVE and ready to join without delaying. If you are going on vacation, just give me a head's up.

Inactive players will be removed immediately unless they gave me notice of being on leave.

Planes and tanks MAY NOT be researched until the correct day that they appear in the timeline

America is operated by war points early in the war. If the Americans reach 15 War points, they may join the war before the timeline gives them permission to. American war points begin at 0, but are affected by the Central Powers actions. View below the timeline for more info.

Trading regions with Allies is illegal unless the region is one of their Core Provinces.

America is a non-playable faction, but once they join the war, all Entente factions may request soldiers from them.

Trading armies is illegal.

You cannot change your capital unless your initial one fell to the enemy.

No more than 4 Spies per region are allowed.
      Carl Wilson

“Dad, how do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?”
      ― Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes: Sunday Pages 1985-1995: An Exhibition Catalogue

"Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: 'Do not march on Moscow'… Rule 2 is: 'Do not go fighting with your land armies in China."
      Bernard Law Montgomery, British general

The post was edited 7 times, last by Carl Wilson ().

• Timeline:

NOTE: All phrases in timeline in italics are an optional event to change the course of the game.
      In timeline events, if a nation is underlined, that means that it is their choice to carry it out. EXAMPLE: Germany and Russia change status to war, Germany is underlined meaning it is their choice to declare war on Russia, not Russia's choice. All choices must be made public in the newspaper each day that they are needed. These will usually only be found in optional events.

Every Two Days = 1 Month. Here is a list of the months, and what events occur during them, all events occur on the first day of the month:

YEAR 1914:

Day 1-2 = June 1914: This is the beginning of mobilization. In these first two days of the war, players may join, research, build, move soldiers. They may not attack until their assigned days however.

Day 3-4 = July 1914: Yugoslavia (Austria-Hungary) and Russia change status with each other to war.

Day 5-6 = August 1914: Germany and Russia change status to war. Should Germany declare war on Russia, the Turkish Empire declares war on all Entente powers except the USA. Germany and France change status to war. Germany invades Belgium, UK and Germany change status to war

Day 7-8 = September 1914: N/A

Day 9-10 = October 1914: N/A

Day 11-12 = November 1914: N/A

Day 13-14 = December 1914: All nations halt combat for this "month" due to the unofficial "Christmas Truce."

YEAR 1915:

Day 15-16 = January 1915: All combat resumes.

Day 17-18 = February 1915: If Germany did not declare war on Russia and Belgium, the UK and Turkey now enters the war for their appropriate powers.

Day 19-20 = March 1915: N/A

Day 21-22 = April 1915: Interceptor Level 1 may now be researched and used in battle.

Day 23-24 = May 1915: The Lusitania is sunk, and war points with America goes up by 1.

Day 25-26 = June 1915: N/A

Day 27-28 = July 1915: N/A

Day 29-30 = August 1915: N/A

Day 31-32 = September 1915: Tsar Nicholas the Second take personal command of the Russian Armies. Russia may now use Gold in the game.

Day 33-34 = October 1915: N/A

Day 35-36 = November 1915: Interceptor Level 2 may now be researched and used.

Day 37-38 = December 1915: All combat halts for this "month".

YEAR 1916:

Day 39-40 = January 1916: All combat resumes.

Day 41-42 = February 1916: N/A

Day 43-44 = March 1916: Tactical bomber Level 1 can now be researched and used.

Day 45-46 = April 1916: N/A

Day 47-48 = May 1916: Naval Bomber Level 1 can now be researched and used.

Day 49-50 = June 1916: N/A

Day 51-52 = July 1916: Light Tanks and Tank Destroyers Level 1 may now be researched and used.

Day 53-54 = August 1916: N/A

Day 55-56 = September 1916: N/A

Day 57-58 = October 1916: N/A

Day 59-60 = November 1916: Light Tanks and Tank Destroyers Level 2 may now be researched and used.

Day 61-62 = December 1916: All nations stop fighting this "month."

YEAR 1917:

Day 63-64 = January 1917: All combat resumes. Germany sends a message to Mexico trying to convince them to join the Central Powers, should Germany use this card, there is a 50% chance that is intercepted by the Entente, if it is, America's war points increase by 7, if it is not, there is about an 85% chance that Mexico joins the Central Powers. If Mexico joins the Central Powers, there is a 50% chance that all soldiers requested from America by France and England will not be received. (View bottom of page for details)

Day 65-66 = February 1917: N/A

Day 67-68 = March 1917: Rebellion breaks out in Russia. If Russia does not have 5 LAND units in Moscow and 1 Land unit in all other of their Core Regions, they are removed from the game and change their stance to Peace with all factions. Russia cannot use Gold anymore.

Day 69-70 = April 1917: The United States changes its status with all Central Powers to War regardless of War Points.

Day 71-72 = May 1917: Light Tanks and Tank Destroyers Level 3 may now be researched and used.

Day 73-74 = June 1917: N/A

Day 75-76 = July 1917: N/A

Day 77-78 = August 1917: N/A

Day 79-80 = September 1917: N/A

Day 81-82 = October 1917: N/A

Day 83-84 = November 1917: Tank Destroyer Level 4 may now be researched and used. (UK Only)

Day 85-86 = December 1917: All nations stop fighting this "month."

YEAR 1918:

Day 87-88 = January 1918: All fighting resumes. Woodrow Wilson issues his Fourteen Points to peace.

Day 89-90 = February 1918: N/A

Day 91-92 = March 1918: N/A

Day 93-94 = April 1918: The Red Baron is shot down.

Day 95-96 = May 1918: N/A

Day 97-98 = June 1918: N/A

Day 99-100 = July 1918: N/A

Day 100-101 = August 1918: N/A

Day 102-103 = September 1918: N/A

Day 104-105 = October 1918: N/A

Day 106-107 = November 1918: Victory count begins. All combat ends, and both the Central Powers and Entente figure out how many enemy capitals they took (each one matters.) If Germany took Paris, the French moved their capital to Marseilles, and then lost that too, that counts as two capitals for the Central Powers. If the number of capitals taken for each nation is equal, then another "year" is fought. This continues until an alliance has more capitals than the other at the beginning of January of the nest year. Once an alliance loses, all of their players must go inactive, and the remaining alliance may finish the war without attacking each other by retiring or invading neutral territories. NOTE: Neutral nation capitals do not count towards the final score.

America:
      -Can only have Right of Way with England and France, but Map Information with Russia.
      -Rather than being a playable faction, when America joins the war, France and the United Kingdom may request a maximum of the following troops from them once a month. These troops will be given to you in America or on the Atlantic, but troops might not be received if Mexico is Central Powers. Here are the packs which you can select to request from America:
      *4 Infantry
      *8 Militia
      *1 Light Tank
      *1 Tank Destroyer
      *1 Interceptor
      *1 Tactical Bomber
      *1 Naval Bomber
      *1 Anti Tank Gun
      *1 Anti-Aircraft Gun
      *1 Motorized Infantry
      *2 Armoured Cars
      *2 Artillery
      *1 Commando
      *1 Railroad Gun
      *1 Rocket

America's Tech Tree is same as France's

You may request one pack a month, but beware, units are recruited on order, so it will take some time for America to send you your troops.

I HOPE THESE RULES SEEM INTERESTING TO YOU! PLEASE JOIN, AND IF YOU HAVE AN MORE RULES I SHOULD ADD, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
      Carl Wilson

― Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes: Sunday Pages 1985-1995: An Exhibition Catalogue

"Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: 'Do not march on Moscow'… Rule 2 is: 'Do not go fighting with your land armies in China."

The post was edited 4 times, last by Carl Wilson ().

• To Join Fill In the Following:

CoW Username:

Nation:

RPG Intro Message:

Please make your answer in Bold without deleting the other option.

I (Name) swear that I have read the rules thoroughly and will follow them to the letter.
      Yes or No

I (Name) swear that I have read the unit restrictions and will not construct units from the future or high level then is allowed for my nation.
      Yes or No

I (Name) swear that I have read through the timeline, and I agree with all of the of the timeline.
      Yes or No

I (Name) have questions about this RPG?
      Yes or No (If yes is selected please fill in the spot below. )
      ( )

I (Name) have suggestions to add to the timeline or rules to make this RPG even better?
      ( )
      Carl Wilson

The post was edited 2 times, last by Carl Wilson ().

CoW Username: Carl Wilson

Nation: Germany

RPG Intro Message: The alliance of the Central Powers is now being threatened by Serbia and their allies, Russia. Germany, a proud and strong nation, is now faced with the challenge to hold the union together. France, to Germany's West, has been itching for war to regain the land lost years before, and now is the best time, now when the world is hostile with its neighbors. The time has come for decisions to made, and men to be used as chess pawns. This is the time when nations will rise and fall, this is the avalanche caused by the loopholes in diplomacy, this is World War I.

I (Carl Wilson) swear that I have read the rules thoroughly and will follow them to the letter.
      Yes or No

I (Carl Wilson) swear that I have read the unit restrictions and will not construct units from the future or high level then is allowed for my nation.
      Yes or No

I (Carl Wilson) swear that I have read through the timeline, and I agree with all of the of the timeline.
      Yes or No

I (Carl Wilson) have questions about this RPG?
      ( )

I (Carl Wilson) have suggestions to add to the timeline or rules to make this RPG even better?
      (_)
      Carl Wilson

The post was edited 1 time, last by Carl Wilson ().

• Carl Wilson wrote:

Day 31-32 = September 1915: Tsar Nicholas the Second take personal command of the Russian Armies. Russia may now use Gold in the game.
      Why would the Russians be able to use gold ?
      When the Tsar took control things got even worse for Russia, if anything they would be weakened, and gold is so over powered, and you also have a rule which says "go gold allowed" so what is the point of having that rule if you have this rule as well.
      How many regert electing the current US president, and if not, please, tell me why you havent yet, id love to here you, hopefully smart answer.
    • It means you can't use it whenever. Stuff didn't get worse when the Tsar joined, it couldn't have.
      Carl Wilson

The post was edited 1 time, last by Carl Wilson ().

• Carl Wilson wrote:

It means you can't use it whenever! Stuff didn't get worse when the Tsar joined, it couldn't have!
      it really did get worse.

The line which was being held from around Riga, all the way to the Romania border was being held, then the Tsar ordered a few things around, then the Austrians busted into Ukraine, destroying his southern flank, making the the Communist even more mad at the Tsar, which was one of the reasons the February revolution happened.
      How many regert electing the current US president, and if not, please, tell me why you havent yet, id love to here you, hopefully smart answer.
    • Great. Go ahead and make your own WWI RPG using your own features. In the meanwhile, I'll run this one.
      Carl Wilson

• Carl stop be so offended we are just giving suggestions to make your rp better. The Tzar was not a military genius so when he took control of the armed forces it made things worse.

Not only did he make bad choices but the fact that he was leading the army and the army was getting slaughtered by the Central Powers making unrest grow In Russia due to how ineffective their leader was.

Also due to him not being present in Moscow due to being at the front his wife literally took over and she was (I believe Austrian or German) and very disliked by the public which led to more unrest.
    • Alright, but there needed to be some effect for it. Would either of you like to join?
      Carl Wilson

• I'm not being sarcastic here, but what should I make it? Looking at the rules and units, what should the effect of the Tsar commanding the forces be?
      Carl Wilson

• Carl Wilson wrote:

I'm not being sarcastic here, but what should I make it? Looking at the rules and units, what should the effect of the Tsar commanding the forces be?
      go into chat and i will talk you through how you can make this a lot better
    • President Magnum2016 wrote:

hey buddy it is awesome to see someone wanting to make roleplay's but please stop "spamming" the forums you have 4-5 roleplay's on the forums over the past 30 days.
      I'm not spamming. I made one in the wrong section, and moved it.
      Carl Wilson

• Okay okay. :D I'm just making good RPGs. You want to join this one?
      Carl Wilson

CoW Username: Gable Wilson

Nation:

RPG Intro Message:

I (Gable) swear that I have read the rules thoroughly and will follow them to the letter.
      Yes or No

I (Gable) swear that I have read the unit restrictions and will not construct units from the future or high level then is allowed for my nation.
      Yes or No

I (Gable) swear that I have read through the timeline, and I agree with all of the of the timeline.
      Yes or No

I () have questions about this RPG?
      ( )

I () have suggestions to add to the timeline or rules to make this RPG even better?
      ( )
    • You need to fill in your nation...
      Carl Wilson

• I would love any players however, so just fill that in and you'll be good to go.
      Carl Wilson