Create an Ideology option

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Create an Ideology option

Hey this my first time in forums so i don't know how to do this. But all I want to say is why does this game don't have like an create you own Philosophy/Ideology. That is really disappointing. If I was in charge of this I will try to put like a selection option in the beginning of the game. You can choose between Fascism, Capitalism, Communism, or any other Ideology. Or You can just create an Ideology all by yourself and see if it will survive or not. What do you think.
    • I like this idea! Maybe each has its own bonus!
      Carl Wilson

“Dad, how do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?”
      ― Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes: Sunday Pages 1985-1995: An Exhibition Catalogue

"Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: 'Do not march on Moscow'… Rule 2 is: 'Do not go fighting with your land armies in China."
      Bernard Law Montgomery, British general
    • Well, you might get more resources due to the fact that you only give the people what they need...
      Carl Wilson

― Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes: Sunday Pages 1985-1995: An Exhibition Catalogue

"Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: 'Do not march on Moscow'… Rule 2 is: 'Do not go fighting with your land armies in China."
    • I agree. :)
      Carl Wilson

• Because diffrent ideologies have diffrent benefits.
      Maybe like:
      Fascism has more manpower due to nationalism but their morality takes longer to go up to 100%
      Capitalism has more money and higher morals but less production due to private owners and buyers
      Stalinism (What you call communism) more production due to owning the means of prodcution, but less manpower and morals for obvious reasons.
      Anarchism has higher morales and manpower (because they want to protect their freedom) but less money.
      The list could go on and on.
      Of course it has to be more balanced. But it can be a great feature and create more depth
    • Good suggestion.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • Just copy Civ 5 ideologies. lol
      Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.
      -Winston Churchill

Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching.
      -George S. Patton
    • Oh wait, Civ 6 is coming out now. Better wait to copy those ideologies. lol
      Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.
      -Winston Churchill

Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching.
      -George S. Patton
    • Communism? Yes, bring it in.

I'd would make me feel so much better when I watch those damn filthy reds crumbling as their economy falls into dust.
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01