About Food and Future

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• About Food and Future

I'm running to germany I have captured all europe on world map (england spain russia sweden italy greece turkey arkhangelsk north ural and others shortly I meant all europe ) I have trouble with food -1000

I tried to develop my food provinces I have 3 city all of them have level 3 Infustructure

I can only produce Tac Bombers Tanks Anti Tanks Submarines and etc. I have only 20 infantry I tried to stop barracks this is not enough

My Question - My Tanks Tac Bombers or Infantries will start to die ??

The post was edited 1 time, last by Undaunted ().

• Yes, I believe the morale will start to go down, and your regions will start to rebel. Every city takes some wheat, and you probably took to many to quickly.
      Carl Wilson

“Dad, how do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?”
      ― Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes: Sunday Pages 1985-1995: An Exhibition Catalogue

"Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: 'Do not march on Moscow'… Rule 2 is: 'Do not go fighting with your land armies in China."
      Bernard Law Montgomery, British general
    • You have to upgrade the regions with roads and factories first. Can send me a screenshot of your units so I can kind of see what is going on there?
      Carl Wilson

“Dad, how do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?”
      ― Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes: Sunday Pages 1985-1995: An Exhibition Catalogue

"Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: 'Do not march on Moscow'… Rule 2 is: 'Do not go fighting with your land armies in China."
      Bernard Law Montgomery, British general
    • Yes, this is a BIG problem on the 100p map, especially when you're running a big empire.

Some available solutions, though none seem to completely solve it:
      - Hoard a HUGE food stock in the early game (like 300+ k)
      - Don't use infantry
      - Keep your troop count down (i.e. don't just keep building troops into big stacks, only where you're actually fighting and "exchange" them for enemy troops as soon as you can).
      - Stop keeping reserves behind the front lines
      - Upgrade industry and infrastructure in the early game, NOT just in your core

Having said the above, I think this is a balancing issue for the 100p map that the devs should really adress...
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • en mi opinion el sistema de comida esta roto, seria bueno si existiera una unidad como por decir algo granjeros que hicieran mas comida para el pais y costaran mano de obra (que me parece siempre sobra) asi a la mano de obra se le da un uso y al alimento se le aumenta un poco ligeramente y a cambio de mano de obra y tal vez algo de dinero.
    • azor-ahai wrote:

en mi opinion el sistema de comida esta roto, seria bueno si existiera una unidad como por decir algo granjeros que hicieran mas comida para el pais y costaran mano de obra (que me parece siempre sobra) asi a la mano de obra se le da un uso y al alimento se le aumenta un poco ligeramente y a cambio de mano de obra y tal vez algo de dinero.
      Hello.

This is the English Forum, if you want to talk in Spanish go to the Hispanic Forum.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • Yes, sorry I read in english and I dont know why I forgot it was in english, I just said that in my opinion food sistem is broken becouse I usually am left of food, but instead I usually am exceeded in labour force. I would sugest a new unit called farmers, could be placed one in each territory to give 10% less cost to population in food, I gess that would work, and the cost for this unit would be paid in money but most of all in labor force.
    • I have had some issue with food but like a previous post said, I usually hoard it at the start of the game. after that the best thing to do is just put level 3 infrastructure on provinces with food production. I rarely use infantry so I don't have too many issues there.
    • Undaunted wrote:

I'm running to germany I have captured all europe on world map (england spain russia sweden italy greece turkey arkhangelsk north ural and others shortly I meant all europe ) I have trouble with food -1000

I tried to develop my food provinces I have 3 city all of them have level 3 Infustructure

I can only produce Tac Bombers Tanks Anti Tanks Submarines and etc. I have only 20 infantry I tried to stop barracks this is not enough

My Question - My Tanks Tac Bombers or Infantries will start to die ??
      Hello Undaunted.

The moral of your units of your troops will gradually lower due to a lack of wheat. I recommend that you turn off the barracks in provinces that do not produce wheat.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.