Airborne Units for Call of War

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Airborne Units for Call of War

Should we have airborne units? 7

The result is only visible to the participants.

We should have airborne units for call of war because:
      - They would be faster than infantry.
      - Same damage output as infantry, but they can ride on planes.
      - two new units, Cargo Plane and Airborne Personnel.
      - Commandos would be able to ride too.
      - It would be just like an Aircraft carrier BUT, its a plane and it can fly!
      - You would be able to set when are where the passengers would jump out.

[image removed]
      "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"
    • Instead of adding airborne, why not just make Cargo Planes, and let Commandos ride them? That might be better than adding yet another Infantry. Adding airborne almost useless if airborne are better.
      Carl Wilson

“Dad, how do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?”
      ― Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes: Sunday Pages 1985-1995: An Exhibition Catalogue

"Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: 'Do not march on Moscow'… Rule 2 is: 'Do not go fighting with your land armies in China."
      Bernard Law Montgomery, British general
    • I would say Airborne units and Commandos for the historical purpose. Before all that arguing starts up, I have read about the ALLIED use of Parachutes and what they did with them.

The airborne units would not be able to attack for like 2 minutes and then they could start up and fight. I think that would be nice to see, especially when I am launching air attacks on my friends country but I can't get through his defenses, then you can send in A. Airborne Units (More damage than infantry) B. Commandos C. Light Vehicles and artillery.
      "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"
    • This thread should be in Suggestions/Criticism.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

2 minutes? In WWII it took much longer for a unit to meet up.
      Much time.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.