Best way to fight tactical bombers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• As others have said, it depends upon where you are in the timeline. Early game adding several AA guns (later SPAA) to your stacks is a big help. Later having "big wings" of fighters rampaging over their airspace is a great counter. 2-4 AA per normal stack, twice that or more for a main group is a good baseline.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Numbers do matter, if they didn't, 1000 militia would be the same as 1 militia. However, micromanagement and tactics are still a integral part of the game. You are able to beat opponents with more units then you, as long as you are skillful and tactful.

To prove it, here are some pictures of my FIRST game ever (7+ months ago).

As you can tell, I'm Egypt, and currently the #1 player in the game. By day 5-8, every player has gone inactive except me and Germany.. until France awakes..

He managed to conquer a lot in less than a day, which led me to believe he was using gold like crazy.

Turns out, I asked him, and he was indeed using gold, so he sent a ally request to me, and I accepted, then I immediately canceled his vision to me, sleazy, I know, but I got a good look at his massive 100+ LIGHT TANK army, without him looking at mine. (it looks like medium tanks, but I checked each stack, he had at least 50, and they were a lot more out of picture.)

I prepared for invasion(he attacked Germany and took my lands in Algeria after they rebelled), built a ton of rockets, anti-tank, and tactical bombers(he did have AA), as well as subs and battleships... but he ended up accidentally crossing paths with my units, causing us to war each other. I could tell this guy was a noob, because he immediately assumed I tried to attack him, and retaliated as such.. which put me in a seriously bad position.

Fortunately, the bulk of his forces were pretty crap, and he wasn't the best player in the world, so he just sent hordes of light tanks at me, but I built a large defensive force of AT and blasted him with rockets and tact bombers. I sent light tanks to scatter through his territory and destroy his economy, I also destroyed ~25 units trying to cross waters because he had no sea protection, something that is also vitally important in this game.

Eventually I won with 1/3 of his army size, the ONLY reason is because of my sea power, tact bombers, AT, and rockets. I ruled the ocean, allowing me to go easily into his core territory, and I ruled the sky, allowing me to endlessly barrage him.
      yo, what did the pirate say to the parrot? ... he said, ARRR you y- i'm a cracker..? ahem.. s-sorry.. i'm not.. uh.. very *good* with uh.. y'know jokes. I don't know .. um, yeah i guess i uh... will just give you a quote! yeah.. thats what i'll do.. a quote..

ahem.. here's the quote:

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." :00000450:
    • Jacey521 wrote:

Numbers do matter, if they didn't, 1000 militia would be the same as 1 militia. However, micromanagement and tactics are still a integral part of the game. You are able to beat opponents with more units then you, as long as you are skillful and tactful.

To prove it, here are some pictures of my FIRST game ever (7+ months ago).

As you can tell, I'm Egypt, and currently the #1 player in the game. By day 5-8, every player has gone inactive except me and Germany.. until France awakes..

He managed to conquer a lot in less than a day, which led me to believe he was using gold like crazy.

Turns out, I asked him, and he was indeed using gold, so he sent a ally request to me, and I accepted, then I immediately canceled his vision to me, sleazy, I know, but I got a good look at his massive 100+ LIGHT TANK army, without him looking at mine. (it looks like medium tanks, but I checked each stack, he had at least 50, and they were a lot more out of picture.)

I prepared for invasion(he attacked Germany and took my lands in Algeria after they rebelled), built a ton of rockets, anti-tank, and tactical bombers(he did have AA), as well as subs and battleships... but he ended up accidentally crossing paths with my units, causing us to war each other. I could tell this guy was a noob, because he immediately assumed I tried to attack him, and retaliated as such.. which put me in a seriously bad position.

Fortunately, the bulk of his forces were pretty crap, and he wasn't the best player in the world, so he just sent hordes of light tanks at me, but I built a large defensive force of AT and blasted him with rockets and tact bombers. I sent light tanks to scatter through his territory and destroy his economy, I also destroyed ~25 units trying to cross waters because he had no sea protection, something that is also vitally important in this game.

Eventually I won with 1/3 of his army size, the ONLY reason is because of my sea power, tact bombers, AT, and rockets. I ruled the ocean, allowing me to go easily into his core territory, and I ruled the sky, allowing me to endlessly barrage him.
      why haven't we seen your strategic genius in the player's league??)
    • MihailMD wrote:

why haven't we seen your strategic genius in the player's league??)
      Lol, you mean the game where I had ZERO allies? I joined the game on Day 3 and the few people who "befriended" me didn't really do anything at all to help me. It was only a matter of time before I lost it :P
      yo, what did the pirate say to the parrot? ... he said, ARRR you y- i'm a cracker..? ahem.. s-sorry.. i'm not.. uh.. very *good* with uh.. y'know jokes. I don't know .. um, yeah i guess i uh... will just give you a quote! yeah.. thats what i'll do.. a quote..

ahem.. here's the quote:

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." :00000450:
    • Also, is that going to stick with me forever? :wallbash It's going to be hard to out live this shame apparently x.x

ahem.. here's the quote:

• Actually I attacked 3, and two of them only had 5 territories, I sent 3 units into both of those, and the rest of mine into Central China. My lands weren't defenseless though, I had like 10 militia and many units when you invaded, I just gave up whenever I saw you invade me, I was doing too much stuff irl

ahem.. here's the quote:

• Jacey521 wrote:

Actually I attacked 3, and two of them only had 5 territories, I sent 3 units into both of those, and the rest of mine into Central China. My lands weren't defenseless though, I had like 10 militia and many units when you invaded, I just gave up whenever I saw you invade me, I was doing too much stuff irl
      by the time i invaded you lost most of your troops fighting AIs , thats the reason i invaded you. I saw you already lost 15-20k soldiers
    • I had been building a lot of militia, and the AI didn't take most of my units, I still had 8 left, again, I didn't even try to resist you because I didn't care. and 15-20k troops? check that again, I lost 10,516 and Central China lost 21,635. So I literally had more than half of what I started with left. (If you start with 25,000 troops, as Central China did, I didn't even get to destroy him) I had 6 provinces producing militia and 6 other cities producing other stuff. If I would've had the will and my allies to back me, I would've stopped you.

I just didn't care, I even quit another game and gave my stuff away because I was (and still am) busy with other stuff, and I didn't want to get overwhelmed by CoW again.

ahem.. here's the quote:

• 10 militia on top of what I already had x.x

ahem.. here's the quote: