Specialized Building

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Specialized Building

Any chance of a set of specialized building? At the moment I think the way resources are gained is quite good and balanced. It would be cool though to see an option to build a farm to increase food production or a Mine to increase metal etc. Perhaps when built on a province that already produces said resources it could add a major bonus. I apologize in advance if people consider this stupid but I'm a huge 4x strategy fan. I would just like to see more options to manage your country. I also thought about the possibility of research labs to speed of unit research. perhaps a 10 minute reduction for each lab built?
    • It would be interesting create a farm to increase food production.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • I'm a fan of the Civilization series, and I do think it would be a nice add-on. However, it would limit the strategy factor in taking provinces with that resource. As long as it just boosts the production of that specific resource in a province that already makes it, I'm all for it. Good idea :00008674: :00008674: :00008674: :00008674: :00008674: :00008674: :00008674: :00008674: :00008674: :00008674: :00008674: :00008674: :00008674: :00008674: :00008674: :00008674: :00008674:

Too much?
      Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.
      -Winston Churchill

Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching.
      -George S. Patton
    • Kollin wrote:

Any chance of a set of specialized building? At the moment I think the way resources are gained is quite good and balanced. It would be cool though to see an option to build a farm to increase food production or a Mine to increase metal etc. Perhaps when built on a province that already produces said resources it could add a major bonus. I apologize in advance if people consider this stupid but I'm a huge 4x strategy fan. I would just like to see more options to manage your country. I also thought about the possibility of research labs to speed of unit research. perhaps a 10 minute reduction for each lab built?
      I like this suggestion.
      Carl Wilson

“Dad, how do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?”
      ― Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes: Sunday Pages 1985-1995: An Exhibition Catalogue

"Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: 'Do not march on Moscow'… Rule 2 is: 'Do not go fighting with your land armies in China."
      Bernard Law Montgomery, British general
    • That would be pretty cool. Even if it takes a significant time investment.
      Another option could be geared by technologies. Perhaps a "Mining", "Banking", "Healthcare" or "Farming" type of technology which would increase your overall income by a small percentage.
      With something like that, people could then choose from the start of the game - Economy, manpower, resources, or military.
    • <p>I don't really like this, as now absention of this makes you actually conquer more land in order to maintain your army...</p><p>If you added this, I'm afraid that everybody would just camp and it would be no problem as you could just gain more and more resources this way... Maybe like one production building type per province, so you were able to produce only two resources per province? But still, how's it now pretty much forces you to go into war and that's the point.<br></p>