Supermarine Spitfire vs Focke Wulf 190 vs Zero

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• German engineering.
      Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.
      -Winston Churchill

Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching.
      -George S. Patton
    • The Focke Wulf 190. It was a great airplane, symbol of the air force of Germany.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • What do you think? @oceanhawk

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

• Kehsct wrote:

German engineering.
      The Germans had a great technology.

• @GreatbigHippo The poll need other option for the USSR.

• Definitely the Focke Wolf.
      Carl Wilson

“Dad, how do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?”
      ― Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes: Sunday Pages 1985-1995: An Exhibition Catalogue

"Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: 'Do not march on Moscow'… Rule 2 is: 'Do not go fighting with your land armies in China."
      Bernard Law Montgomery, British general
    • Carl Wilson wrote:

Definitely the Focke Wolf.
      Perhaps, but the allies had good airplanes.

• I don't know, but I think the Focke was better overall. The problem was the Axis didn't have enough pilots or planes, and so the Allies, who had decent craft, beat them up overtime.
      Carl Wilson

― Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes: Sunday Pages 1985-1995: An Exhibition Catalogue

"Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: 'Do not march on Moscow'… Rule 2 is: 'Do not go fighting with your land armies in China."
    • Comparing Spit VB and 190 D-9

The 190 could carry more.
      The 190 was smaller but longer.
      The 190 was faster.
      The 190 had a higher service ceiling.
      The Spit had a range of more than double that of the 190's.
      Both moderately armed.

Both had around the same number built. The 190 was harder to land.

The 190 was better overall.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• How about we start another thread comparing a P-51 Mustang to an Me-262.
      Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.
      -Winston Churchill

Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching.
      -George S. Patton
    • P-51 wins.
      Carl Wilson

• The Il2 Sturmovik-Ilyushin II-2. The best airplane of the Soviet Union.

• oceanhawk wrote:

Ha thats like comparing a wolf to a sheep...

German Engineering every time boyzz..

@Maximilien
      The Germans had the best technology to the Allies.

• The focke wulf was supposed to be superior to the spitfire in everything except turning.

I chose these planes because they were both available to their countries at or near the beginning of the war, unlike the p-51, which may have been a superior aircraft, but did not come into play until later in the war. The US fighters from the beginning of the war would have been no match for either of these, and I'm not very familiar with Russian fighters of that time period.

Thinking about it, I probably should have included the Zero. I might add that to the poll.
      Forum Gang Premier

you are a balls
    • Maximilien wrote:

Kehsct wrote:

German engineering.
      For one the A6M is out no question. Concerning the FW 190 though, yes, while the 190's arrival in the skies over Western Europe in 1941 came as a nasty surprise to the British, the FW 190 had little development potential......the Spitfire, once updated, could easily outclass an FW 190 when equipped with the higher-powered Griffon. This includes armament; a late model Spitfire had 4 20mm cannons, and could carry almost double the bombload as a 190.

Spitfire all the way!
    • Liberinsula wrote:

Maximilien wrote:

Kehsct wrote:

German engineering.
      For one the A6M is out no question. Concerning the FW 190 though, yes, while the 190's arrival in the skies over Western Europe in 1941 came as a nasty surprise to the British, the FW 190 had little development potential......the Spitfire, once updated, could easily outclass an FW 190 when equipped with the higher-powered Griffon. This includes armament; a late model Spitfire had 4 20mm cannons, and could carry almost double the bombload as a 190.

Spitfire all the way!
      Interesting.