Your most Desired Feature

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Your most Desired Feature

Hey guys, so I know a lot of us have features or mechanics that we want to see in the game. So I wanted to hear some of them and discuss them between us. Every idea is valid so don't feel be afraid to post it. I hope to not see anyone bashing anyone else's idea this should all be in good fun. Anyways as you guys can probably guess due to my previous post I would really love to see super heavy tanks added in. What would you like to see in game and why do you think it should be added?
    • Transport Ships or make it that you can only embark out of ports
      A special RPG setting in game setup (View Suggestion I made)
      Level 5 forts are like Nuclear Bunkers
      Rockets can shoot down other rockets to protect town
      Seasons
      Paratroopers
      Marines
      Minesweepers/layers
      Sea batteries
      Commandos become stealth unit
      Militia become stealth unit in core province
      Add more value to Share Map alliances
      Carl Wilson

“Dad, how do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?”
      ― Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes: Sunday Pages 1985-1995: An Exhibition Catalogue

"Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: 'Do not march on Moscow'… Rule 2 is: 'Do not go fighting with your land armies in China."
      Bernard Law Montgomery, British general
    • The ability to grow or mine a new resource in a providence. Such as a level 1 mine to gain raw resources, or a level 1 farm for food, a level 1 foundry for steel, oil fields for oil. They would be exclusive once built meaning you could only pick one resource type per providence.

This would bring a whole new strategy with the current coalitions where two players could be the military might and a third could be the economic might behind them.
      “World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimization.”

Eliezer Yudkowsky
    • Sorvik wrote:

The ability to grow or mine a new resource in a providence. Such as a level 1 mine to gain raw resources, or a level 1 farm for food, a level 1 foundry for steel, oil fields for oil. They would be exclusive once built meaning you could only pick one resource type per providence.
      I mentioned this in a earlier post, I totally agree it would definitely an a new level of strategy to CoW.
    • Sorvik wrote:

The ability to grow or mine a new resource in a providence. Such as a level 1 mine to gain raw resources, or a level 1 farm for food, a level 1 foundry for steel, oil fields for oil. They would be exclusive once built meaning you could only pick one resource type per providence.

This would bring a whole new strategy with the current coalitions where two players could be the military might and a third could be the economic might behind them.
      That is a very bad idea.
    • Yes and a very good one at that. Every province is already a resource production center. This would just to choose which resource instead of being forced to take what you get. I'm not saying make it easy to do but it would be a good supplement in later game phases when oil and food are so scarce. It would also be nice to not have to expand if you want to increase you're production. In the end would lead to larger battles and longer lasting nations as smaller nations would still be viable threats due to their production allowing them to field a larger army. At the moment on my hundred player map It's only day 25 and I already know I won, why? because my economy is triple that of any other player and that's because I have about 500 provinces. There are still about 50 players in game too but none of them pose a threat because in the process I've managed to build an army larger then the other top 3 combined. If said smaller nations could improve the economy in other ways than just capturing provinces then I would be in deep trouble.
    • If I were to implement this system I think it should go like this

-Farm/Mines can only be built on provinces that currently produce a resource
      -Only one may be built per province
      -Building said structure will reduce base resource production by 25% and secondary resource will produce at 25% of the original base resource production value
      -Said structure when not suffer above penalties if built in core province and will take on the base resource's production value
      -3 day build time.
      -High rare material cost.
      -Use money as the upkeep
    • I think paratroopers and marines will change up the warfare front, as the 100 player map would suit mass airborne operations.

I would also like economic boosts, and removing that 25% resource gain from conquered land
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • I totally agree with you TankBuster on the point of paratroopers. I can just imagine invading 10 provinces at once within an hour, it would be awesome. I'm not so sure on removing the penalty on captured provinces, perhaps slightly increasing the percentage would work better.
    • Hopefully flags come soon, i believe that the devs are using the Coalitions as a test bed for how we act: for example, making sure no one starts posting Swastikas and the likes
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • Paramunac wrote:

Sorvik wrote:

That is a very bad idea.

So the very first post says not to bash ideas and that is the first thing you do? How about giving an idea or explaining why that isn't a good idea? How about giving constructive criticism?

I am not saying this should be something that can be done easily! That would mean you have to decide to either attack a nation before you are ready or allow them to build an economy that would make it harder to take them. You still would need territories to build on.

This idea could be taken even further:

Each providence has a +% on possible resources. I am not talking a huge bonus here, something like +5% if you build oil, nothing if you don't.

So buildings would be as such-
      Farm:
      Farm lvl 1: 5,000 Food; 7,500 Raw Material; 25,000 gold - The providence provides 500 food per day
      Farm lvl 2: 2,500 Food; 5,500 Raw Material; 20,000 gold - Increase food production to 600 food per day
      Farm lvl 3: 2,500 Food; 5,500 Raw Material; 20,000 gold - 700 Food per day

Mine:
      Mine lvl 1: 2,500 Food; 12,500 Raw Material; 25,000 gold - The providence provides 500 Metal per day
      Mine lvl 2: 2,500 Food; 7,500 Raw Material; 20,000 gold - Increase food production to 600 Metal per day
      Mine lvl 3: 2,500 Food; 7,500 Raw Material; 20,000 gold - 700 Metal per day

Quarry:
      Quarry lvl 1: 2,500 Food; 12,500 Raw Material; 35,000 gold - The providence provides 500 Raw Material per day
      Quarry lvl 2: 1,500 Food; 7,500 Raw Material; 25,000 gold - Increase food production to 600 Raw Material per day
      Quarry lvl 3: 1,500 Food; 7,500 Raw Material; 25,000 gold - 700 Raw Material per day

Oil Fields (Rig):
      Oil Fields lvl 1: 3,000 Food; 2,500 Metal; 17,500 Raw Material; 35,000 gold - The providence provides 500 Oil per day
      Oil Fields lvl 2: 2,500 Food; 2,000 Metal; 10,500 Raw Material; 25,000 gold - Increase food production to 600 Oil per day
      Oil Fields lvl 3: 2,500 Food; 2,000 Metal; 10,500 Raw Material; 25,000 gold - 700 Oil per day

As you can see my idea isn't cheap, and isn't a game changer until much later in the game, ie 30+ days. It only gives you a non-core bonus. Each one can have a 72 hr build time (What I believe the nuclear plant should be too). This means just to get the top bonus you need to spend 9 days! Not to mention the days of resources.
      “World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimization.”

Eliezer Yudkowsky
    • I responeded already, making every province able to produce every resource in a game where provinces produce zero or one, not more than one, resources makes no sense. Why do you need it? You probably lack food or oil in late game so you want to prevent it by making resource irrelevant, because when you can choose what to produce where, you will never lack any resource. To me, that idea is not worth considering at all. I just don't see any reason to completely change the game only for it to be easier to play.
    • JCS Darragh wrote:

I think Bytro should make this game like Civilization.
      Bad idea.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • TankBuster wrote:

Hopefully flags come soon, i believe that the devs are using the Coalitions as a test bed for how we act: for example, making sure no one starts posting Swastikas and the likes
      It would be a great update.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

• Not A Communist wrote:

Ability to change our flags!
      Paratroopers, Marines and Commandos becoming a stealth unit.
      It would be a great update!