Notify us of Coalition applications

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Notify us of Coalition applications

I just had two people apply to our coalition, and there was no (2) that showed up, as I had expected. I think setting a notification, similiar to the numbers for messages, research, and World Herald work.
      Pax Romana Communications Officer

• A lovely new feature that's very welcome and long overdue. :)

I got 2 additional ideas how to improve upon it.

1.) Allow coalition leaders to invite others into their coalition. The random player might be unsure whether to join a certain coalition or not if he receives an invite on the other hand he might join. It will also enhance random coalition invites which might or might not be considered annoying (like spam) such a feature for the leader could get limited per 1 or 2 invites per day to avoid massive exploitation so the leader would think twice before sending out an invite to anybody.

2.) Allow the leader to assign co-leader or even transferring his real leadership (might come in handy if he's dead perhaps and leaves the game. (Assuming that this would have a lasting effect on Coalitions in the first place).
      Co-leaders will have every right of a coalition leader with the exception of dissolving a Coalition. Makes of course only sense for larger alliances or coalitions. Otherwise it's ok if everyone else is a simple member by definition I suppose.

The post was edited 1 time, last by down23 ().

• down23 wrote:

2.) Allow the leader to assign co-leader or even transferring his real leadership (might come in handy if he's dead perhaps and leaves the game. (Assuming that this would have a lasting effect on Coalitions in the first place).

Co-leaders will have every right of a coalition leader with the exception of dissolving a Coalition. Makes of course only sense for larger alliances or coalitions. Otherwise it's ok if everyone else is a simple member by definition I suppose.
      I think there should be 3 ranks: Leader (already exists), Moderator (only exists in Alliances out-of-game), and Member (already exists). Moderators would have the ability to send and accept invitations, kick members, etc. There should also be a feature to have diplomatic relations between your coalition and another coalition. For example, NATO could declare war on the Warsaw Pact, and thus both sides would be in a united effort to fight the other side. I may make this a separate topic if needed.
    • A part of my bulk post

Coalition improvements
      *change the "i" icon, make it bigger and name it "options". Makes it user-friendly, less confusing
      *Sharing the victory. Maximal 3 players. Dominant player gets 50% fo the victroy prize, other two 20 %. Other points and rewards (10%) are divided by the remaining coalition allies. Changed : only members of the winning alliance can earn points and rewards.
      *Leader-vassal setting. In a coalition, the 3 biggest players are the leaders, this is automatically decided by the game. Rest will be vassals, they can earn rewards. In order to become a leader, vassals need to expand as well. So, you can have big alliances but if you really want to earn a big prize, you need to work, so there is a little competition in the alliance.
      Its also a way for newbees to get some experience within an alliance.
      Coalition functions. You can add different departments in the coalition
      *Bank - player who owns donated goods of the coalition players. But the coalition might also add a tax rate if they want to reserve goods for emergency cases or to support players.
      *Secret service. This player has improved controll over intelligence/espionage operations. Exact details to be worked out. Can be a total independent office or controlling spies of members in the coalition
      *Central command - can give orders to coalition forces. Exact condtions to be decided. Donated or tagged armies, approved by the players or another system for a 'coalition army'. Players should be able to withdraw donated forces if they want. Maintance is still conducted by the original owner of the army.
      *Same idea can be considered for research , trade operations or industrial production, etc
    • Good suggestion.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.