What stratige do I need for research.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sure! Focus on trying to get a variety rather one really good unit, and don't focus on getting Nuclear Tech for a while. Whatever you train the most should be your main research, and try to keep your Infantry and Light Tanks up to date. That is my tactic. :)
      Carl Wilson

“Dad, how do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?”
      ― Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes: Sunday Pages 1985-1995: An Exhibition Catalogue

"Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: 'Do not march on Moscow'… Rule 2 is: 'Do not go fighting with your land armies in China."
      Bernard Law Montgomery, British general
    • My tactic is armored vehicles. ONLY Armored vehicles. Nothing more. And it works.

"The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance to do something stupid."
      Art Spander
      "Mój mały karakan , mój mały karakan aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa mój mał karakan [...]" -Zbigniew Stonoga
    • ekcja wrote:

My tactic is armored vehicles. ONLY Armored vehicles. Nothing more. And it works.
      It works in some cases, not in others. I tend to place armoured vehicles pretty high on my list, too, including SP Artillery, but Tactical Bombers, Subs, and Motorised Infantry sometimes hop in. This works for me, generally.

Carl Wilson wrote:

and don't focus on getting Nuclear Tech for a while.
      Agreed. Nuclear tech is virtually worthless. It costs too much for too little output, I never do it (unless I'm in a role-play where the point is to get nuclear tech).
      It's been a while
    • I can give you two pieces of advise, First off your research should reflect your battle strategy. Secondly you can keep up better by writing down exactly when your research finishes, (maybe even program an alarm on your cell phone) so you can start your new research immediately after your last research finishes.

As far as what you research exactly? It is like most things, case dependent. I research different things on different maps and different countries on those maps.

The most important thing is first strategize exactly how you intend to take the map, by land or by sea? A land locked country might not want to research any naval units at all for example, at least until you capture a port. An Island nation might wish to focus primarily on naval. Only a couple ports? Maybe just subs. Everyone needs air. Next step is functionality. Researching rocket fighters for a country that has wide open spaces and large provinces would be foolish. You simply couldn't use them effectively. But a tiny country like Yugoslavia expecting attacks from all sides by larger players with good airforces might want to research and build rocket fighters. Every unit has its function. But not every function is needed in every game. That varies both by your strategy and your location.

There are however a few things you will need in almost every game. Interceptors, Tac bombers, Lt Tanks, ART, AA, AT, Commandos. Keep those as high as you can in the beginning stages of the game in almost every game.

Now for me personally? I prefer to build all 4 types of air in almost every map. But that reflects my battle strategy. I do almost all my fighting with my airforce, using the other units only to hold provinces. Someone using a different strategy would take a different research path.

I hope that helps.
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

miech wrote:

Children, children, why all the misinformation? The best players use only LTs, tac/int, and nothing else on land. Maybe include some lost arty or 2 and AA units (obviously), but thats it
      MTs? TDs? Infantry of all types?
      Not if you are interested in the win only, and view a diverse approach as needless bagage

(me? I dont mind my baggage, or I would lose interest in this game fast).

For the late game? Well, then I suppose you could diversify - as more and more anti Zerg units come into play (hello SPAA and Mech inf)
    • miech wrote:

Not if you are interested in the win only, and view a diverse approach as needless bagage

(me? I dont mind my baggage, or I would lose interest in this game fast).

For the late game? Well, then I suppose you could diversify - as more and more anti Zerg units come into play (hello SPAA and Mech inf)
      Well, imho a combined stack of MTs, TDs, SPAA and mot. infantry can beat the hell out of any army.
      The past is a foreign country.