Gender Specific Messages

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

  • Yes, but there is a point. You don't often expect to find ladies playing war games, but I respect their opinion.
    Carl Wilson

    “Dad, how do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?”
    ― Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes: Sunday Pages 1985-1995: An Exhibition Catalogue

    "Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: 'Do not march on Moscow'… Rule 2 is: 'Do not go fighting with your land armies in China."
    Bernard Law Montgomery, British general
  • Another thing by the way, When I was younger I was an avid internet troll and this feels like a grade A troll. for pete sake the username is lizzy. a stereotypical feminist name. just google lizzy the lesbian. if I'm wrong I'm sorry but I don't think I am. If I'm right then this just goes to show how insane this whole idea is that a troll could make an entire community think its wrong for game to be geared more towards male players. Why is it such a bad thing to make some things for women and some thing for men? No offence to the trans community and the fact I have to say that just to make an example amazes me but I do. An average man would not go to Walmart wearing a summer dress, why? because dresses are for women. unless that's you thing then go for it. just like an average a women is TYPICALLY and I say this because yes i'm sure there are female players here, Not going to be interested in a world war 2 grand strategy game. If someone says that's not true then show me where they are because I'd love to play some rts games with my girl. Anyways this comes down to people wanting to find something to start a problem. This whole gender neutral cis gender bs only started this last decade. It's just another phase the society made up in their head because in this modern age they don't have enough problems to actually care about. Was this a problem back in the 1600? No because people cared more about where the food was going to come from and fending off wild animals and disease...real problems in other words. Like I said I don't me to hurt anyone's feelings or insult but I have researched this for years. I'm not some 40 year old who thinks things so stay the same. I'm 20 I grew up with this whole gender movement. And I just think its the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Why are we creating problems where their have never been ones? Why is this the hottest topic in the news? there is so much more important events going on that we just ignore... I'm getting off my soap box now.
  • milostivi wrote:

    vex03 wrote:

    I think we should if it really bothers these girls
    You should do something ? Seriously, who the F are you? Never heard
    I've been playing COW for a pretty long time now. I just recently got involved with the community, thank you very much. considering I'm a sergeant and your a corporal, I could ask the same question. "Who the F are you?" And besides the point, when I say we, im referring to the community as a whole and obviously the developers, not myself smart one...
    Make America Great Again.

    #Trump2016

    The post was edited 2 times, last by vex03 ().

  • I didn't think this thread could cause so much attention when I told Lizzy to go to forum after she said she was mocked in global chat. But I think it is funny how people reacted.

    Kollin wrote:

    Another thing by the way, When I was younger I was an avid internet troll and this feels like a grade A troll. for pete sake the username is lizzy. a stereotypical feminist name. just google lizzy the lesbian. if I'm wrong I'm sorry but I don't think I am.

    Yes, you are definitelly wrong and probably stereotypical, and apology is probably needed but that is not my business.


    While I don't think that messages addressing participants as males are insulting to females because most players are males and game is gearing towards them, I believe that there was no need for so much heat here. I mean, should I be offended because game said "Merry Christmass" on 25. december instead of 7. january? Well, I could, but there are more players who celebrate it on that date and I understand it. It is just how things work, larger groups are priority. I don't think that gender neutral messages would be so hard to make, but I am not sure if they are really needed.


    Maybe Lizzy saw problem where there isn't one and maybe she is right, but I am sure that there was no need for bashing her for that, and she a lone english girl among Serbian Eagles so I will stand in her protection. But @milostivi, lol, transgender, that was funny.
  • Given I sexually identify as a Tiger II, I fully support this issue
    "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

    "Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

    "The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

    Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

    Game Username: LordStark01
  • Interesting thread indeed. A shame I didn't notice it sooner. As I identify with a Squiggle(male?female?), I don't mind the current message nor do I really care if it was changed. On a more serious note, a "congrats for winning general!" Is not a bad neutral message. ^^
  • Like I said I meant no insult to lizzy, If I'm wrong then I'm wrong and I apologize. Though it doesn't change my stance on this. Look at how much upheaval this has caused its just ridiculous. Look if it makes people happy forgot a message just have a big "WINNER" when you win a match. Still though the fact a game/company/person has to change because the minority feels offended/oppressed is beyond me. Once again I mean no offence to anyone but if Lizzy can give her opinion on something than I and all of us should be able to say ours. Again I would like to direct an apology to you Lizzy I was wrong.
  • I identify as a Panther IV I am insulted by the fact that the developers do not recognize me as a tank in the victory announcement(which iv'e stopped reading because it gets old fast) they assume I am a human because that's what these games are geared(pun not intended) towards which is frankly insulting to Panzers like me and tank buster. But honestly y'all need to grow a pair(again pun not intended) or grow up, the fact you get offended over such little things implies a whole host of psychological issues resulting from a sheltered life. There is no need to fix something which isn't broken and the fact you are complaining about this of all things is just pathetic.

    As for you Milstivi there is no such thing as transgender only 3 genders male, female and freak. You either have one Y and one X chromosome or 2 X chromosomes, unless of course you are missing a few. IF you are not a troll and truly changed you gender via surgery then you must cure yourself by drinking NaOCl you are just as bad as the kurdistan guy
  • Maybe you guys should look at making the tanks pink? Nice combo of red and a girl color. ;)
    Carl Wilson

    “Dad, how do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?”
    ― Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes: Sunday Pages 1985-1995: An Exhibition Catalogue

    "Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: 'Do not march on Moscow'… Rule 2 is: 'Do not go fighting with your land armies in China."
    Bernard Law Montgomery, British general
  • ShadowHawk5 wrote:

    As for you Milstivi there is no such thing as transgender only 3 genders male, female and freak. You either have one Y and one X chromosome or 2 X chromosomes, unless of course you are missing a few. IF you are not a troll and truly changed you gender via surgery then you must cure yourself by drinking NaOCl you are just as bad as the kurdistan guy
    I don't want to start how morally wrong this is, so I stay with science facts. The gender is a spectrum from male to female. There is not either male or female. It's a spectrum. Most are full male or full female, but quite a lot are intersex. Which means, they're are from a biological perspective neither completely male nor female. In the broadest sense anyone who differ from the "normal" body build can be seen as intersex.
  • ShadowHawk5 wrote:

    Darren I wrote:

    This is an intersting idea and I am sure the game developers will listen to you and this idea.

    Anyhoo, I too know what it's like. Those messages assume I too am Human, when in fact, I am a humble Leprechán ;(
    Stay strong the LGBT(Leprechaun, Griffin, bombsexual, Tanksgender) community has our backs!
    It is a strong determined community the LGBT but it's Leprechán not Leprechaun :P
    Dr. Leipreachán
    Community Support
  • vex03 wrote:

    Might just be me though
    No. Me neither.

    Kollin wrote:

    I really can't believe people are even bothering with this. It's a freaking video game not politics, This whole political correctness idea is insane. Honestly I oppose the idea of gender neutral messages specifically because this has nothing to do with someone being insulted it just a grab for attention. No one cared about what a video game said until people started jumping on the band wagon. Pretty soon it's going to be people can even say he or she because the very idea of gender will offend someone. I'm not trying to offend anyone but seriously what the... I mean at this point I literally should go to some Barbie game and tell them that I'm so insulted that they assume I'm a female. But I won't, because video games are an escape for everyone and this political bs needs to stay out of it.
    You're completely right. Anyone who gets offended over this is just stupid.
    "You can't break a man the way you break a dog, or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands." -Jackal (Far Cry 2)

  • HUNDMiau wrote:

    ShadowHawk5 wrote:

    As for you Milstivi there is no such thing as transgender only 3 genders male, female and freak. You either have one Y and one X chromosome or 2 X chromosomes, unless of course you are missing a few. IF you are not a troll and truly changed you gender via surgery then you must cure yourself by drinking NaOCl you are just as bad as the kurdistan guy
    I don't want to start how morally wrong this is, so I stay with science facts. The gender is a spectrum from male to female. There is not either male or female. It's a spectrum. Most are full male or full female, but quite a lot are intersex. Which means, they're are from a biological perspective neither completely male nor female. In the broadest sense anyone who differ from the "normal" body build can be seen as intersex.
    lololololololololololololololololololol Gneder spectrum=autism spectrum is what im getting out of this you are born either male or female there is no inbetween, its all psychological not biological
  • ShadowHawk5 wrote:

    HUNDMiau wrote:

    ShadowHawk5 wrote:

    As for you Milstivi there is no such thing as transgender only 3 genders male, female and freak. You either have one Y and one X chromosome or 2 X chromosomes, unless of course you are missing a few. IF you are not a troll and truly changed you gender via surgery then you must cure yourself by drinking NaOCl you are just as bad as the kurdistan guy
    I don't want to start how morally wrong this is, so I stay with science facts. The gender is a spectrum from male to female. There is not either male or female. It's a spectrum. Most are full male or full female, but quite a lot are intersex. Which means, they're are from a biological perspective neither completely male nor female. In the broadest sense anyone who differ from the "normal" body build can be seen as intersex.
    lololololololololololololololololololol Gneder spectrum=autism spectrum is what im getting out of this you are born either male or female there is no inbetween, its all psychological not biological
    Yea..

    I have very Libertarian, style social views..
    am Pro choice, and support Gay marriage..

    but this Transgender, and all this.. Im not so sure..
    I havent really looked into it..
    but what ever happened, to Men and Women?
    I think, this a little extreme..


    I agree with you shadow hawk..
    but maybe not your approach.. lol



    If Socialists understood Economics, they wouldn't be socialists
    -Friedrich von Haye