Gender Specific Messages

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A promise is a debt, now I can talk in the name of Bytro.

About making the messages of Call of War in a "gender neutral" way, Bytro Labs don't know how exactly it could be released due to other priority stuff, but they have talk about it, and has been approved. Call of War is going to have "gender neutral" messages in some moment of the future.

That's the answer of my employers. It doesn't enter in details about female generals, or female messages, or anything like that (it was a very short chat, and very accurate in what is in blue). It is the Company word, so now It is LAW. You can say your suggestion has been read, talk and approved. Congratulations!

I hope this message let clear too that, besides my own opinions, I still work for the behalf of the community and your desires, not mines, so please, feel free to suggest whatever you feel necessary to make this game better, even if you think someone is going to get reeeeeally annoyed by it. We read you, we give it to the proper persons if needed (sometimes they read it themselves) and we will give you an answer if we have one.

Thanks you all for participating in this thread without trolling (not so much at least), and respecting each others, even when people like me comes here a few times in not ver polite words. You are the proud of our community, and I hope someday everyone will be like you.

See you on the next suggestion!
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"
    Ex- Main Admin (2016-2019)
  • Thank you for letting me know and thank you to all who supported my request and also to those who were understanding even if they didn't agree.

But calling me a troll, really? Why would you do that? I find that kind of behaviour highly unpleasant. I made a simple request to be congratulated as a woman rather than as a man. The message was to me not to some real life male general, that is the way I saw it. No matter how real you try to make the game there was never ever a General busylizzy in ww2 male or female.

I am going to start playing again, I had a sulk because of the bad comments of some players in this forum.

To say I am a lone troll is really cruel, I do know other girls who have played and left because of the blokey attitude of the game in general. They did not have the confidence to speak up. I plucked up the courage and some of you have ridiculed me and tried to shoot me down in flames. If i believed congratulating me as male was to keep the game realistic, then I would have just gone with it. However I don't think that was the case, I think the male gender was used because it was not expected a female would ever receive the message. Well I have received more than once and I wanted to point out that girls were receiving messages aimed at men. Mother and baby groups are now called parent and baby to encourage fathers to attend, they are still a minority, but they are respected. It isn't trolling. It is simply requesting respect and an acknowledgement that you exist.

Btw I am not a feminist, but I am not a man either so don't treat me like one.
  • I will let for another day if we could consider you a feminist or not, It's not the point of this.

About "been a troll" and so, it is against the Terms of Use such kind of public accusation (when made seriously, we all know how to make jokes, I hope), so feel free to report it if you are ofended by it. The English Support team will be pleased to attend it, punish/warn the true trols, and try to make your game and experience more pleasant. At least that's our work, not to discuss if you are a feminist, or if you were right, or anything... just to try and make everyhing more easy and comfortable.
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"
    Ex- Main Admin (2016-2019)
  • Lizzy wrote:

Btw I am not a feminist . . .
    Nothing wrong with being a feminist (if you are). The problem is, of course, that being a "feminist" means many different things to different people. If you interpret being a "feminist" as someone who is in favor of equal opportunities for women, and treating women with equal respect in the workplace (and elsewhere), I guess that makes me a feminist, too.

If, on the other hand, being a "feminist" means that we cannot recognize the self-evident biological differences between the sexes, then I guess that makes me a realist, not a feminist. If a "feminist" advocates changing the physical standards so women can join SEAL Team 6, or that a transgendered man-to-woman should be able to compete in the Olympics as a woman, then you've lost me. Also, if I cannot open the car or restaurant door for my female Significant Other without being hissed at by a self-described "feminist" who interprets it as a sign of female oppression, and not the love, affection and respect that is clearly intended, then the problem is not mine to solve.

So, whether you may be a feminist or not, Lizzy, let's recognize that women are entitled to respect without condescension. Cheers.
  • Lol I am your sort of feminist, I want to have the car door opened for me and to get flowers sometimes. I also like to bake cakes and to crochet. I like being female most of the time, but I don't like to be ignored because of it. No idea what SEAL team 6 is lol. Should I?
  • Lizzy wrote:

Lol I am your sort of feminist, I want to have the car door opened for me and to get flowers sometimes. I also like to bake cakes and to crochet. I like being female most of the time, but I don't like to be ignored because of it. No idea what SEAL team 6 is lol. Should I?
    i like to bake cakes too, does it make me a female?
    Estoy dispuesto a darlo todo, a luchar por lo que soy, a ser libre dentro de mi, a guerrear mientras viva.

Manual: Básico y Machiavelli
  • Lizzy wrote:

No idea what SEAL team 6 is lol. Should I?
    Yes, you should, Lizzy. Google it. It's a Big Deal. When it was time to capture or kill Osama bin Laden, they called SEAL Team 6.

BTW, I love to cook and I am pretty good at it (at least on the dinner party scale, as opposed to running a restaurant). I also have expensive taste in wine. That said, I am a lousy baker, and I prefer to leave the science of baking to someone who enjoys it.
  • Or get this? We could just enjoy the gd game! ITS A DAMN VIDEO GAME. The kind of people who are actually offended by this literally look for things to be offended by. It doesnt matter. You won a ------ game why cant you just chill the hell out and enjoy yourself on a game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by WiseOdin ().

• This is just foolish and Asinine. I don't understand why anyone would care enough to go on some mad political lefty rant because the message was directed to a male. I would prefer the developers work on bettering the game than trying to fit your leftist agenda, that suggests that a message offends you.
    Rule Brittania