Gender Specific Messages

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gender Specific Messages

I recently won a game and received what was meant to be a very nice congratulations message. However it did not make me feel good. :(

Why?

Because throughout the message it assumed I was male.

In my view these messages should either be gender neutral or there should be a male and a female version of the message. To assume that anyone winning a game is male I find a bit insulting. I realise this was not the intention.
  • Yes girl, finaly.
    I've spent tens of thousands $ to change my sex properly in best clinics in Netherlands and now somebody calls me a man ?
    I was so shocked when i first won a game, i felt so filthy, so trapped again. Nobody cares about transsexuals, where are our human rights?

Is there anyone to protect us? This majority is so oppressive
  • No kidding. Come on girls, this isn't anything to get riled up about. Yes, I understand that it must not be nice to be called a guy, but I'm sure our CoW staff can modify it to be neutral text. Right @Darren I?
    Carl Wilson

“Dad, how do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?”
    ― Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes: Sunday Pages 1985-1995: An Exhibition Catalogue

"Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: 'Do not march on Moscow'… Rule 2 is: 'Do not go fighting with your land armies in China."
    Bernard Law Montgomery, British general
  • honestly the fact that people complain about stuff like this gets me so heated. We should just put everything into feminine form (see how much I care) so I don't have to listen to people like this get butthurt... Smh.
    Make America Great Again.

#Trump2016
  • I think that might have gone a little far....
    Carl Wilson

― Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes: Sunday Pages 1985-1995: An Exhibition Catalogue

"Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: 'Do not march on Moscow'… Rule 2 is: 'Do not go fighting with your land armies in China."
  • Quasi-duck wrote:

I completely support this idea! I would go for a gender neutral message. Two versions would just make it long and bothersome.
    It may not seem like it, but I'm totally in favor of adding a gender neutral message. However the fact that they felt so insulted by it is what bothers me.

#Trump2016
  • Agreed Quasi-Duck. Add a neutral message.
    Carl Wilson

• I say add a neutral. It's easier for the devs anyways.
    Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.
    -Winston Churchill

Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching.
    -George S. Patton
  • I really can't believe people are even bothering with this. It's a freaking video game not politics, This whole political correctness idea is insane. Honestly I oppose the idea of gender neutral messages specifically because this has nothing to do with someone being insulted it just a grab for attention. No one cared about what a video game said until people started jumping on the band wagon. Pretty soon it's going to be people can even say he or she because the very idea of gender will offend someone. I'm not trying to offend anyone but seriously what the... I mean at this point I literally should go to some Barbie game and tell them that I'm so insulted that they assume I'm a female. But I won't, because video games are an escape for everyone and this political bs needs to stay out of it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kollin ().

• Kollin wrote:

I really can't believe people are even bothering with this. It's a freaking video game not politics, This whole political correctness idea is insane. Honestly I oppose the idea of gender neutral messages specifically because this has nothing to do with someone being insulted it just a grab for attention. No one cared about what a video game said until people started jumping on the band wagon. Pretty soon it's going to be people can even say he or she because the very idea of gender will offend someone. I'm not trying to offend anyone but seriously what the... I mean at least point I literally should go to some Barbie game and tell them that I'm so insulted that they assume I'm a female. But I won't, because video games are an escape for everyone and this political bs needs to stay out of it.
    truest. Thing. I've. Ever. Heard.

#Trump2016