Coalitions in map

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Coalitions in map

Hello, this is my first post in the forum.

So... I saw this cool new feature of coalitions, and I thougt: Is it possible to see in the map which coalition each country is in?

Well, the answer is yes, although not in a fast way. You have to zoom in to their capital city and look at the flag (which, by the way, is very small). And it occurred me -and this is my suggestion- that within the command bar on the bottom right (fog, moral, resources, etc), the developers could add an option to show coalitions, each with their own colour.

Alternatively, this could be shown in the newspaper minimap, like in the 2vs2, but it would be pretty small and covered in flames.

What do you think?
    • I totally agree with this proposal.
      Carl Wilson

“Dad, how do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?”
      ― Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes: Sunday Pages 1985-1995: An Exhibition Catalogue

"Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: 'Do not march on Moscow'… Rule 2 is: 'Do not go fighting with your land armies in China."
      Bernard Law Montgomery, British general
    • Good suggestion.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • In addition, I think it'd be nice to have a double-outline with the coalition color and country color (can be selected by coalition leader) and add that to the existing border outline that colors your country. The color palette would have variety in shades so that different coalitions have different colors to choose from, without limiting choice and causing confusion.