Economic Tech tree

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Economic Tech tree

Hello once again Ladies and Gents, if been a way for a while due to RL. For a while I watched several threads pop up about economics and I'd like to chime in.

The economics in CoW are dulled down and often left at the way side. In a game which far out strips S1914 in oil use (three types of tanks, 5 types of ships, planes ect) our nations economies are often being destroyed despite our best efforts.

While the game forces you to advance on wards and take more land, each time you build units to take more land, you use up resources and thus worsen your economy and upon taking new land, you're situation hasn't improved. I believe we've all looked at our oil and went "Oh lord"

So, I would like a tech tree which helps improve our domestic fronts. Things such as oil pumps (in order to produce, well, more oil) grain silos, Warehouses to hold stock pile of general goods, steel works and such things.

Also, I'd like to see a small upgrade to port cities: as a way of increasing grain production, we should be able to make 'fisheries' and have a small increase to grain (yes, I know its not fish, but grain is general food: no one wants to eat bread all year round, every month and every day)

So, if we can get some idea's, maybe we can have a full tech tree going
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • Sounds good but maybe only oil rigs to oil producing regions? A bit silly otherwise, oil isn't available everywhere.

Also, some of your idea's don't actually produce goods. Instead of"[sic] grain silos, Warehouses to hold stock pile of general goods, steel works..." we should have farms, textile factories and mines.

Note: With the textile factory, this is an assumption that the Goods resource is mostly fabrics for coats, uniforms, parachutes, bags, bandages, boots, etc.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• I'm not economic minded, I was thinking on more common terms.

I like your ideas though, they work much better than mine

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

• I agree that things like Oil Rigs/Pumps should only be built in oil producing provinces. I also think that farms could be built to improve food production (or lower food consumption in the area), but have a different effect depending on the terrain they're built on. On mountains, they would logically be the worst, while in plains they would be the best. I also think a separate tech tree for economics would be nice. Having a large, oil run military on a map tends to be hard. Especially the world maps. They would have to add in an economic research only slot to go along with it.
      Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.
      -Winston Churchill

Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching.
      -George S. Patton
    • Kehsct wrote:

I agree that things like Oil Rigs/Pumps should only be built in oil producing provinces. I also think that farms could be built to improve food production (or lower food consumption in the area), but have a different effect depending on the terrain they're built on. On mountains, they would logically be the worst, while in plains they would be the best.
      That sounds good. Maybe add in a new "desert" terrain too which is worse than even mountains?

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Kehsct wrote:

I agree that things like Oil Rigs/Pumps should only be built in oil producing provinces. I also think that farms could be built to improve food production (or lower food consumption in the area), but have a different effect depending on the terrain they're built on. On mountains, they would logically be the worst, while in plains they would be the best.
      That sounds good. Maybe add in a new "desert" terrain too which is worse than even mountains?
      That might be good. Deserts did play havoc in WW2 during Rommel's push in North Africa.
      Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.
      -Winston Churchill

Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching.
      -George S. Patton
    • Kehsct wrote:

Deserts did play havoc in WW2 during Rommel's push in North Africa.
      They sure did! Well, the sandy sandy deserts did, others just made it great for advances. Sand also wreaked havoc on planes without dust/sand filters on the intake.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Kehsct wrote:

Deserts did play havoc in WW2 during Rommel's push in North Africa.
      They sure did! Well, the sandy sandy deserts did, others just made it great for advances. Sand also wreaked havoc on planes without dust/sand filters on the intake.
      We just keep suggesting more and more complicated things. lol
      -Winston Churchill

-George S. Patton
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

Lol, yeah, maybe just have a terrain where farms are poorest of all but units travel fastest?
      Like what?
      -Winston Churchill

-George S. Patton
    • Kehsct wrote:

Quasi-duck wrote:

Lol, yeah, maybe just have a terrain where farms are poorest of all but units travel fastest?
      Like what?
      I meant that for the desert. Now that I think about it though units would get bogged down in sand, especially stuff like arty.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Kehsct wrote:

Quasi-duck wrote:

Like what?
      I meant that for the desert. Now that I think about it though units would get bogged down in sand, especially stuff like arty.
      Yeah. Any mobile things would also have their engines demolished by the sand...
      -Winston Churchill

-George S. Patton
    • Kehsct wrote:

Any mobile things would also have their engines demolished by the sand...
      Well, that is untrue. See below.

It is only in soft sand that vehicles will get damaged. It is not the engines either. The running gear (tracks, wheels) will get bogged in the sand. This happened to Rommel at El Alamein. Yet the British devastated the Italian army in one attack because they were moving around on hard sand.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Kehsct wrote:

Any mobile things would also have their engines demolished by the sand...
      Well, that is untrue. See below.
      It is only in soft sand that vehicles will get damaged. It is not the engines either. The running gear (tracks, wheels) will get bogged in the sand. This happened to Rommel at El Alamein. Yet the British devastated the Italian army in one attack because they were moving around on hard sand.
      Right. Now I remember the subs at D-Day testing the sand before the invasion. But wouldn't sand storms or sand just being kicked up in general get into the engines and other components and start to destroy them?
      -Winston Churchill

-George S. Patton
    • In planes, yes.

In tanks, no. The M3 Stuart/Honey is a good example of this. Even though it had an aircraft engine and crews generally drove it with all hatches open (so it had an AC kind of effect) it was perfectly fine.

• Good suggestion.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • I hope the devs read this, because you two just added new terrain, debuffs for terrain, economic buffs and flushed out any issues within a few posts.

• TankBuster wrote:

I hope the devs read this, because you two just added new terrain, debuffs for terrain, economic buffs and flushed out any issues within a few posts.
      That's what teamwork can accomplish. Can you check out my newest thread? It's called "How to Get our Complicated Ideas Approved". It might help with this.
      -Winston Churchill

-George S. Patton