Moderators behaviour and over reporting is wrecking the game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Moderators behaviour and over reporting is wrecking the game

I would like to bring attention to an unseen issue, one which I have come to see after a few games now but the events during one of my current games has made it very clear .

The game started like any other, there was plenty of chat and talk between players and articles in the paper.

In the chat there is a lot of lies between players, there is a lot of stirring and harassment but all in the fun of the game.

A player takes it to far and gets personal with verbal attacks because he lost his war with others, which he puts in the paper and he get reported.

That is the whole point of the reporting process in my understanding, when someone crosses the line of fun, stirring, harassment etc and makes it a personal attack on a player with verbal abuse. (The person should be warned and the offending message removed is what should happen in my opinion)

Also in this game there was a lot of gold use banter going on with each side of the wars stirring the other about their gold use and how much they must be using etc this went on for a while before it got reported by someone. Then a number of players got reported and warned and everything was deleted from these players, I was one of them and understand it was a breach of the rule etc (A rule I think that does not help the game or your income)

By this stage in the game with people fighting and things getting nasty between players at war etc the reporting then gets used against players as a weapon

I posted the letter in the paper to let other know what had happened and the gold talk was a no no which I got reported for etc So I was again reported and all my chat etc was deleted again.

So now in the game the chat has dropped to almost nothing. An ally informs me that those who I am at war with are trying to get me banned and to not chat anymore because they would report anything they could. This is what happens when games get a bit nasty and some players are bit cut or sore loser.

So then anonymous taunts are now starting, then i get a really abusive one full of verbal insults and very bad language, which I report and the player gets removed from the game. That's how bad it was. For which his Allies are not happy about and blame and target me futher.

Then later I get all my stuff deleted again for a 3rd time, but this time I am really wondering why and for what this time, so I ask and get told I was reported for profanity. Which I was still wondering about, when I did that, unless it was when I forwarded the nasty message to my ally for him to see, which he did asked to see it. So I asked what did I say and it turned out It was a messages sent to another player, the offending bit said: "As for talking shit to anyone I lost all my chats so I did not know where I was at with people so I stopped chatting. I have not spoke to anyone other than germany for days. today was the first day back and yes I started talking shit to you".

Can you believe that, the word "Gumbo", talk about over the top policing.

But the point I am trying to make is that Moderators behaviour in reporting and deleting all the chat and articles has a negative effects on the game and it is actually wrecking the game. I understand a need to supervise the behaviour of players and what they are communicating, but I think it is too much and it has ruined part of the game.

People get to the point where they just don't chat anymore and the game loses the social aspect or they only chat the least amount possible, and no one writes in the paper anymore and the game just becomes dead and people just leave. With only the real determined ones left who are only die hard players.
    Just like this game I am referring to, it has become so crap and dead to play, players have just stopped playing.

What starts as a fun chatty game becomes silent and boring, because as people start to lose they get nasty and use the reporting as a weapon against players for whatever they can.

I think you really need to review you black and white rules. As i think they do more harm to the game then good from what i have seen. As it just kills all the chat in games.

So what if people talk about gold use and who is using it, from what I have seen it don't change the amount they use or spend. Who really cares about some bad language being used. It only when people are being personally abused and attacked that it becomes a problem.

The fact is the reporting and Moderator behaviour has changed my thoughts and spending on this game more than any stirring by a player has. As now I have a fear for the next time i do anything that could be reported it might be the end for me in this game. So why put anymore money into it?

I think that you really need to loosen up and not be such a dictating force when it comes to the chat and communications between players and the paper.

you should only be deleting the offending message which contains verbal abuse and not everything for a player.

This is something I really think you need to look at, as the current reporting policy does not create a happy playing environment which is what it was meant to do.

You should be looking at ways to make people happy and more willing to spend gold, not scared to even talk about it.

I do have some ideas for that, Like,

Every time you make a gold purchase during a game, you get a free random building or upgrade and a random army unit at your Capital.

A wheel of fortune, where you spend 10 Gold a spin and get one of a hundred chances to win, from a minimum of a $500, or a 500 of a resource to a crazy jackpots like 100,000 gold, and everything in between like buildings or troops or research or upgrades or anything you could do in the game

Make things cheaper your gold value is to high, like when trying to speed up research or buying resources.

If you make it so you get more done with your gold people won't spend any less in fact they might spend a bit more. I know I would.

I hope you understand what I am trying to point out and take notice and make some changes.

Food for your thoughts.

Regards KDR
  • Hello,

Thank you for this report.

As you know using profanity is not allowed and it has been removed/edited from your post.

Secondly the report feature is there for one reason and that is if another player believed that someone has broken Call of War game rules then they report them for rule a rule break which is investigated by Game Operators who will then take the appropriate action when required.

Finally your idea on maybe given an extra building when you buy gold is a nice idea and I am sure the game developers might consider it in the future.

I am now closing this thread as it has been replied to

Chánfucius
    Community Support