Blitzkrieg-1939 Map Bug

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Blitzkrieg-1939 Map Bug

Lately I have been having an issue with the Blitzkrieg 1939 map. From what I understand, in the map you should start out with large amounts of starting resources. However in games that I have joined recently, you start with the same amount of resources as you would in a 22 player game or a wold map. Does anyone know what the issue is?
      The picture shows what I started with.
    • Perhaps is an update or an error.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • Hello Beff Stu ,

Thank you for your report. This is not a bug but apart of the game from what I have now been told. Recently the Blitz maps have had a change where players now start out with less resources and the amount you start with now is normal gameplay.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
      Chánfucius
      Community Support
    • Dr. Leprechan wrote:

Hello Beff Stu ,

Thank you for your report. This is not a bug but apart of the game from what I have now been told. Recently the Blitz maps have had a change where players now start out with less resources and the amount you start with now is normal gameplay.

Doesn't that partially defeat the purpose of the Blitz map then? The main aspects of it were pre-researched units and large amounts of starting resources. It is supposed to somewhat mimic the conditions of war where countries have large amounts of resources prepared for war.
    • Great, there goes my blitzkrieg strategy. This is a stupid update in my opinion. How is Germany (my favorite starting country) supposed to increase oil production now if you're in an RP game and can't expand for the first 2 days?
      Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.
      -Winston Churchill

Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching.
      -George S. Patton
    • I thought the map was great! It provided perfect balance so that you could get units and buildings fast for heavy attacks, and now it's been changed. Blitz used to be my favorite map!
      Carl Wilson

“Dad, how do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?”
      ― Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes: Sunday Pages 1985-1995: An Exhibition Catalogue

"Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: 'Do not march on Moscow'… Rule 2 is: 'Do not go fighting with your land armies in China."
      Bernard Law Montgomery, British general