Main Battle Tank Poll

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Gen.Jamison wrote:

yes they do bring AA with them but also AA can be countered easily knowing that most nations have stealth jets now and AA is not as fast and cant set upas fast as tanks
      They do have long range AA missiles set up behind the front lines and they is also SPAA's and MANPADS.

Gen.Jamison wrote:

Not just to add infantry can hold ground and tanks are easily over whelmed against a organized well armed enemy
      A good airforce can be overwhelmed by a strong and organised enemy too....

Gen.Jamison wrote:

I do see how it would be hard for some one who has never spent a day in a tank and probably the closest thing to it is games wouldn't understand what i am saying.
      I'd be doubting your legitimacy because
      1. You don't seem to have much pride for the unit you supposedly served for.

2. Seem to have missed out on all the upgrades that tanks have gone through over the course of the ~70 years since WWII ended.

Quasi-duck wrote:

Gen.Jamison wrote:

yes they do bring AA with them but also AA can be countered easily knowing that most nations have stealth jets now and AA is not as fast and cant set upas fast as tanks
      They do have long range AA missiles set up behind the front lines and they is also SPAA's and MANPADS.

Gen.Jamison wrote:

Not just to add infantry can hold ground and tanks are easily over whelmed against a organized well armed enemy
      A good airforce can be overwhelmed by a strong and organised enemy too....

Gen.Jamison wrote:

I do see how it would be hard for some one who has never spent a day in a tank and probably the closest thing to it is games wouldn't understand what i am saying.
      I'd be doubting your legitimacy because
      1. You don't seem to have much pride for the unit you supposedly served for.

2. Seem to have missed out on all the upgrades that tanks have gone through over the course of the ~70 years since WWII ended.
      Yes i should lessen to kid on his computer that hasn't nor will ever be in a tank i am sure he knows every thing in the world with his super google skills. Do you want to see pictures or maybe my discharge papers? I think you should stick to people who use google to find answers and not some one who is the real deal. and you insulting my service is funny i am sure you just know it all with you keyboard skills. Please young man if you have the spine to do it join your nations military and you will then be able to talk about the real military be able to put up a good argument, in till then please stick to your games try to not use google to much.
      Das Reich!
    • what is pride has to with reality?
      gen. Jameson is just being realistic and talks from real life experience.
      I'm sure he is very proud of his service and the equipment he used during that service, but who if not him would know all the ins and outs of that equipment, most definitely not a keyboard warrior. :thumbup:
    • MihailMD wrote:

but who if not him would know all the ins and outs of that equipment
      He neglected the fact that aircraft cannot hold ground and the amount of support they have. Of course a single tank would be overwhelmed by air superiority. The same goes for even the most advanced lone aircraft against a swarm of modern SPAAG's.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

MihailMD wrote:

but who if not him would know all the ins and outs of that equipment
      He neglected the fact that aircraft cannot hold ground and the amount of support they have. Of course a single tank would be overwhelmed by air superiority. The same goes for even the most advanced lone aircraft against a swarm of modern SPAAG's.
      i thought the topic of discussion is tanks of the modern era, and the guy gave you his real life experience wisdom.
      Just take it, say thank you and move on.
    • MihailMD wrote:

the guy gave you his real life experience wisdom.
      Stolen Valor is meant to be a problem in the US, after reading what US Marines have written in blogs etc. where they have been verified as Marines, I've become wary of people who say they served. Especially since they all seem to take great pride in who they served with, not say they could just be blown to bits by the "Chair Force".

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

MihailMD wrote:

the guy gave you his real life experience wisdom.
      Stolen Valor is meant to be a problem in the US, after reading what US Marines have written in blogs etc. where they have been verified as Marines, I've become wary of people who say they served. Especially since they all seem to take great pride in who they served with, not say they could just be blown to bits by the "Chair Force".
      37th Armor Regiment, 1st Armor Division. Heres a picture from Iraq please try to find it with you google skills. Just because i prove you wrong you try to say i am stealing valor? What level of butt hurt you must be at young man. Also so if AA is so strong then why did we destroy the Iraqis that had modern Russian SAMS radar and an air force. But yet are air power still over whelmed and destroyed a hell of a lot more tanks than actual ground units did? explain that never herd of the highway of death? And I am proud of my service and my unit and have a grater bond with the guys i served with then you will ever feel, so please craw back into your mommy and daddies basement and cry about geting proven wrong for once in your little life of google keyboard skills. Sincerely Gen.Jamison :D
      Images
      • Iraq-07 .jpg

68.59 kB, 604×404, viewed 169 times
      Das Reich!
    • I would use an F-22 if I was in the air force. M1A2 (A3 if it's out) if I was in the army.
      Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.
      -Winston Churchill

Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching.
      -George S. Patton
    • Gen.Jamison wrote:

37th Armor Regiment, 1st Armor Division. Heres a picture from Iraq please try to find it with you google skills. Just because i prove you wrong you try to say i am stealing valor?
      My sincerest apologies. I do look like quite the ass. I will remove any mention of valor from my posts. Once again, I am deeply regretful.

Gen.Jamison wrote:

Also so if AA is so strong then why did we destroy the Iraqis that had modern Russian SAMS radar and an air force
      Operation Instant Thunder? The first that that happened was radar and SAM sites, as well as runways, were bombed into decommission.

Gen.Jamison wrote:

explain that never herd of the highway of death?
      This was because the Iraqi's had been routed and were retreating in disarray and were caught with their pants down.