Airplane Carriers are Terrible

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Airplane Carriers are Terrible

Do you want Nuclear Aircraft Carriers? 13
      Yes (11) 85%
      No (2) 15%
    So, why can't we carry other air units on board the carrier? I know I have stated this in a different thread, but why can't we carry a tactical bomber, or an atomic bomber? Playing as America most of the time, I have no way to get most of my air power up to the other side of the world, I think we need a way to transfer air power across the globe. Like a super carrier, they would be in the secret. As in the carriers that you see nowadays, the large ones that have actual airfields on them, they can carry a few C-130s and many other large aircraft, more than likely carry a B-29 Super fortress. That is what I want and is probably my most desired feature next to Marines and Airborne units. So if you agree with me please vote yes.
    "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"
  • Definitely not, during and just after WWII carriers did not have the ability to launch nuclear bombers / supersonic bombers, not until airplanes such as the Vigilante in the 50s.

Of course the B-29 (silverplate) were launched from carriers to attack Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but they were specifically modified for the mission and were not as such considered carrier-based aircraft. (as far as I know) Also they did not have the ability to land on the carriers again.

Nuclear sneak attacks would be far too easy with a carrier based version of the nuke bomber and I would personally not like it at all.
    Sincerely, wildL
    EN Mod
    Report a problem

• let us clear up a few fallacies in these posts.

you CAN launch Tac Bombers from a carrier. The level 4 TAC (B-26 Marauder) can be launched via carrier to great effect. Think the Doolittle Raid with B-25s.

In July 1945, The 509th Composite Group of the United States Army Air Forces was equipped with the specialized Silverplate version of the Boeing B-29 Superfortress, that could deliver nuclear ordinance from Tinian in the Mariana Islands.

On August 6, the U.S. dropped a uranium gun-type atomic bomb (Little Boy) on the city of Hiroshima.Three days later, on August 9, the U.S. dropped a plutonium implosion-type bomb (Fat Man) on the city of Nagasaki.These were both island based attacks, from a specialized plane.
  • Strategos420 wrote:

let us clear up a few fallacies in these posts.

you CAN launch Tac Bombers from a carrier. The level 4 TAC (B-26 Marauder) can be launched via carrier to great effect. Think the Doolittle Raid with B-25s.

In July 1945, The 509th Composite Group of the United States Army Air Forces was equipped with the specialized Silverplate version of the Boeing B-29 Superfortress, that could deliver nuclear ordinance from Tinian in the Mariana Islands.

On August 6, the U.S. dropped a uranium gun-type atomic bomb (Little Boy) on the city of Hiroshima.Three days later, on August 9, the U.S. dropped a plutonium implosion-type bomb (Fat Man) on the city of Nagasaki.These were both island based attacks, from a specialized plane.
    LOL I guess Ben Affleck ruined history for me then.

Anyways, topic is pointless

since

1) there already is a nuclear carrier in the game. (though it's possible OP means a carrier with nuclear bomber capability)

2) you can use tactical bombers (lvl 4 and above) on carriers.
    Sincerely, wildL
    EN Mod
    Report a problem