Airplane Carriers are Terrible

• Airplane Carriers are Terrible

Do you want Nuclear Aircraft Carriers? 12
      Yes (10) 83%
      No (2) 17%
    So, why can't we carry other air units on board the carrier? I know I have stated this in a different thread, but why can't we carry a tactical bomber, or an atomic bomber? Playing as America most of the time, I have no way to get most of my air power up to the other side of the world, I think we need a way to transfer air power across the globe. Like a super carrier, they would be in the secret. As in the carriers that you see nowadays, the large ones that have actual airfields on them, they can carry a few C-130s and many other large aircraft, more than likely carry a B-29 Super fortress. That is what I want and is probably my most desired feature next to Marines and Airborne units. So if you agree with me please vote yes.
    "The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some ******** in the world that just need to be shot." - General Mattis (USMC)

• Definitely not, during and just after WWII carriers did not have the ability to launch nuclear bombers / supersonic bombers, not until airplanes such as the Vigilante in the 50s.

Of course the B-29 (silverplate) were launched from carriers to attack Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but they were specifically modified for the mission and were not as such considered carrier-based aircraft. (as far as I know) Also they did not have the ability to land on the carriers again.

Nuclear sneak attacks would be far too easy with a carrier based version of the nuke bomber and I would personally not like it at all.
    Sincerely, wildL
    EN Mod
    Report a problem

• let us clear up a few fallacies in these posts.

you CAN launch Tac Bombers from a carrier. The level 4 TAC (B-26 Marauder) can be launched via carrier to great effect. Think the Doolittle Raid with B-25s.

In July 1945, The 509th Composite Group of the United States Army Air Forces was equipped with the specialized Silverplate version of the Boeing B-29 Superfortress, that could deliver nuclear ordinance from Tinian in the Mariana Islands.

On August 6, the U.S. dropped a uranium gun-type atomic bomb (Little Boy) on the city of Hiroshima.Three days later, on August 9, the U.S. dropped a plutonium implosion-type bomb (Fat Man) on the city of Nagasaki.These were both island based attacks, from a specialized plane.
  • Strategos420 wrote:

let us clear up a few fallacies in these posts.

you CAN launch Tac Bombers from a carrier. The level 4 TAC (B-26 Marauder) can be launched via carrier to great effect. Think the Doolittle Raid with B-25s.

In July 1945, The 509th Composite Group of the United States Army Air Forces was equipped with the specialized Silverplate version of the Boeing B-29 Superfortress, that could deliver nuclear ordinance from Tinian in the Mariana Islands.

On August 6, the U.S. dropped a uranium gun-type atomic bomb (Little Boy) on the city of Hiroshima.Three days later, on August 9, the U.S. dropped a plutonium implosion-type bomb (Fat Man) on the city of Nagasaki.These were both island based attacks, from a specialized plane.
    LOL I guess Ben Affleck ruined history for me then.

Anyways, topic is pointless

since

1) there already is a nuclear carrier in the game. (though it's possible OP means a carrier with nuclear bomber capability)

2) you can use tactical bombers (lvl 4 and above) on carriers.
    Sincerely, wildL
    EN Mod
    Report a problem