Mock Presidential Race!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Mock Presidential Race!

Who should be Party Candidate? (Only one vote per party candidate. 15
        Greatbighippo (Ind.) (5) 33%
        Pablo (Ind.) (3) 20%
        Not a Communist (Ind.) (1) 7%
        Sir Mcsquiggles (Rep.) (7) 47%
        HUND (Ind.) (1) 7%
      So I often see a lot of these off topic threads turning into political debates, therefore I thought of something that I think could be pretty fun! This thread will be dedicated to a Mock Presidental Race! Users of the forum who wish to "run" can post their views on certain topics that are on the headlines in the United States and give their call to action for them! The people (YOU GUYS! Everyone is allowed a Vote even if you are running and can change their vote at anytime before deadline) get to vote on who they best seem fit for running the country!

The Party Nominee will be elected by June 9th at 1:00pm! From there, the actual Presidential race with the remaining 3 candidates will start! The end date for that will be June 19th at 1:00pm!

The Layout could look something like this...

------------------------------------------------------
      Name: Vex03
      Party: Republican
      Address to Issues:

Economy: (Your stance here and call to action)

National Security: (Your stance here and call to action)

Immigration: (Your stance here and call to action)

Military: (Your stance here and call to action)

Abortion: (Your stance here and call to action)

Gun Control: (Your stance here and call to action)

(And anymore issues that you think the country is facing)
      ------------------------------------------------------

The 3 Main parties you can run for (for organization purposes guys) are as follows

-Democratic Party
      -Republican Party
      -Independent (clarify a bit)

Once you formal address issues you will be added into the poll list! The people who wish not to participate in running but want to vote may question candidates. Candidates are allowed to "debate" with other candidates on the thread, but try to keep it nice and organized so that the people (forum users) can read the thread with ease. And yes, if people who wish to run have expressed their political beliefs on other threads you can use that against them, as Candidates use other candidates pasts in real life!

Remember you want to win, so do whatever you think that takes! But remember play fair and good luck! :)
      Make America Great Again.

#Trump2016

The post was edited 5 times, last by vex03 ().

• Hello my fellow CoW forum people! I will attempt to avoid mentioning anything that will exclusively apply to a single nation, however I am going to be initially basing my campaign off of certain political issues that currently apply to the United States, because that is the political landscape I know best, but if you want to know how I would react to a specific Issue your nation faces I will look into it and give you an answer. I am going to be ignoring any constitutions at this time, as it would be unfair to non American to use the US constitution in my campaign.

I am running as an Independent*. The following are the main points of my campaign:

1. I encourage an increased apathy by the government in all social issues. It is not the governments job to be called upon by a certain minority group to bully certain individuals that disagree with it's beliefs. All social issues should be dealt with by the citizens of a nation on their own, unless tensions reach such a level where it may threaten the security of a nation. Government apathy includes:
      • Removal of all laws against discrimination, with the exception of wage equality laws. Any person should be able to refuse service or employment to anybody for any reason.
      • The government shall no longer recognize marriage as a legal happening, however they will keep a record of such bonds for events when contacting the next of kin is needed.
      • Benefits given to certain classes within society will be removed to the greatest possible extent. All people will be treated as equals in the eyes of the government, regardless of if they are equal within the eyes of society.
      2. The government will have an increased control of the economy. The government will gain control of certain essential resource gathering and processing factories, such as farms and canneries. Luxury goods factories, such as TV and jewelry factories will remain under control of private industries. Private industries will be allowed to maintain retail industries, however a government retail chain will be established to ensure that goods can reach the people at non-exploitative prices. This will help bring goods to the people at fair prices, as well as provide a small profit for the government, which will help minimize taxes.

3. The government will take direct control of the voting process, including having all machines used for counting the votes owned and developed by the government.

4. All intellectual property or patents can be seized by the government at any time. The government needs to be able to protect it's citizens and it's sovereignty. Sometimes, drastic measures must be taken to ensure the well being of an entire nation, at the expense of a few. If the government seizes the intellectual property or patents of an individual, only the government and that individual own the rights to it. This does not make that information public.

5. Strict legislation will be imposed to combat corruption within the government. Corruption will be made a capital crime. Corruption can affect the lives of millions of people, and there is no punishment great enough to be given to those that commit this crime.

6. Health industries will be immediately nationalized. It has been proven time and time again that private industries cannot handle bringing affordable healthcare to the people, even with government subsidies. Healthcare is a public service, like police or firefighting, and it should be treated as such. Nationalized healthcare could bring affordable healthcare to the people for a fraction of the price of the current system of government subsidies currently used by the united states.

7. No refugees will be accepted into this country from a nation that this country is currently at war with or in conflict within it's borders, unless they hold certain skills that may greatly benefit society. People from such places may hold grudges against our nation. Funding and support may be provided to take care of such refugees elsewhere. Refugees from regions recently annexed by an enemy country are exceptions.

#Hippo2016
      #It'sYuuge

*I can't be a republican with my economic views and Democrats are just... disturbing.
      Forum Gang Premier

you are a balls
    • Name: Pablo22510
      Party: Independent
      Address to Issues: Hello

Economy: Make money.

National Security: Protect ourselves.

Immigration: Free immigration.

Military: Have weapons.

Abortion: You can abort whenever you like.

Gun Control: Guns should be forbidden.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • GreatbigHippo wrote:

Pablo22510 wrote:

Quasi-duck wrote:

Pablo22510 wrote:

Weenie. What if someone with a knife breaks in? When seconds count, the police are minutes away.
      Guns. Not RPGs.
      So I'm safe when somebody breaks in with a tank, but if he has a knife I'm dead?
      Ah. You can always use your kitchen knife.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

GreatbigHippo wrote:

Pablo22510 wrote:

Quasi-duck wrote:

Pablo22510 wrote:

Weenie. What if someone with a knife breaks in? When seconds count, the police are minutes away.
      Guns. Not RPGs.
      So I'm safe when somebody breaks in with a tank, but if he has a knife I'm dead?
      A fair fight? No, thanks.
      Forum Gang Premier

you are a balls
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

Misconception of knife fighting. One slash in the wrong place and you're done. A gun gives you range and good stopping power. People have taken multiple knife wounds and shaken them off before. Hell, the British had to go from a 556 round to a 762 in their rifles (this only recently) because Afghani's were taking multiple 556 rounds.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Yep. Has the advantages of the 556 and the 762. Good stopping power but still light enough to carry a lot.

This is why you should vote for me, I know what the hell I am talking about :D
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Pablo22510 wrote:

Name: Pablo22510
      Party: Independent
      Address to Issues: Hello

Economy: Make money.

National Security: Protect ourselves.

Immigration: Free immigration.

Military: Have weapons.

Abortion: You can abort whenever you like.

@Pablo22510, I thought I might mention that that looks suspiciously like an American Democratic Party platform. I suggest you change your party to democratic, as there is no competition in that party at this time, and, well, you have a democratic platform.
      Forum Gang Premier

you are a balls