Best country?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I personally think (if you can handle it and have luck), in contrary to many opinions, landlocked nations can sometimes be good, as long it's close to the sea. When you take over nearby nations (assuming ur plans weren't interrupted), you can have a buffer zone from ur core to the sea. If u are an island country, such as Japan, u could basically be bombed from any angle. I played Sichuan once (not a very good country but has 3 food provinces) and I lasted quite a while.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Lots of islands so there's both positive and negative.

Positive:
      - Hard to take over entirely
      - can be a major naval power
      - No neighbors on land

Negative:
      - Hard to protect entirely
      - Can be bombed easily and everywhere(mentioned before)
      - Slow transportation
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Technically, I am playing Oceania in my 25p map.

• Uh no. Your capital's on a border, You have a wide coastline and especially in 25p, you do NOT want yugo because Italy is powerful and can attack you easily.

• Central russia is good as long as you have a coast because in early and mid game no one cares about it (its one of the less used seas). Also, be quick to take leningrad for quick access in the baltic and if you're the eastern side take the east tip of russia to conveniently attack alaska.

• Thanks, abdoer. I'm more of a strategy guy, but in tactics, I need lots of improvement. I hope there's more help here.

• leafpool2019 wrote:

i say its Yugoslavia literally almost surrounded by AI's and high medal and food its pretty strategic, plus it has sea access and rare mineral are in surrounding countries that are easy to invaid and it's perfect to invaid italy
      In 10p Road to War, Yugoslavia absolutely dominates due to only one player bordering it (Italy), like what leafpool said, but in 22p, it's a whole different story. This time, although Yugoslavia still benefits from having a relatively balanced resource production (with two cities producing something other than goods, being double metal and rare ore), now Yugoslavia is bordered by two player countries, Romania and Italy. If Yugoslavia fails to ally with Romania, then there would be a long front to defend/attack against in the east while Italy can concentrate its forces in Venice in addition to the two provinces in its west as Italy has fewer provinces bordering players than Yugoslavia (3 against 6 with Yugo's capital bordering Romania), which makes Yugoslavia at an immediate disadvantage due to its troops being more spread out. That said, if Yugoslavia does manage to ally with Romania, the resource advantage can make Yugoslavia a very dangerous country, and once it takes out Italy, which has extremely good metal supply and a double ore province, Yugoslavia has practically an infinite supply of metal and rare ores, which can make its military not only state-of-the-art, but also vastly outnumbering everyone else.

• valdrin00 wrote:

wich is the best country?
      My last 6 games have been played in the 39 historical map and got a winning streak going ... My 2 best results, in terms of VP's, have been Brazil and Italy ... My 2 worst results were USA and Turkey, the latter's expansion was affected by aggressive Elite AI countries, at one time time been at war with 6 of them because of my low popularity- I had very little sleep for a couple of days because they kept coming at me 24/7 ... I believe that newbies have a hard time handling Elite AI and perhaps they should be omitted in tutorial map because newbies have a hard time handling them ... 8)
    • gusv wrote:

I believe that newbies have a hard time handling Elite AI and perhaps they should be omitted in tutorial map because newbies have a hard time handling them ...
      I, for one, actually believe newbies should face Elite AI early on. Although this means that many would be disillusioned with the game and simply quit, the ones that actually stay will be the ones that are strong and smart and will stay for a long time. Even if they do have a hard time handling the AI, I believe if one believes it's challenging and worth another go, then that is a much better solution that finding that the game had been "scamming" them with weaker AI early on and therefore many more would quit.

gusv wrote:

My last 6 games have been played in the 39 historical map and got a winning streak going
      Nice! Although I had a winning streak before (I forgot how many), when I came back to the game after a few stressful months of school, I immediately lost my first 22p due to being careless and impatient.