Best country?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• BaBePaBe wrote:

So speaking of Yugoslavia - does Yugoslavia start with Medium tanks? I'm playing against Yugoslavia, it's only Day 2 and he has Medium tanks but the research tree has medium tanks available starting after Day 4.

Is this normal? Or a bug?
      When I first started in CoW, the game gives you a medium tank to take over an ai province in the tutorial (that was before tutorial maps btw).
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • For the best country in this game depending on what map it is, if were talking about the 25 player then you know without a doubt Germany is hands down the best country to start as, when Germany is already prepared for war all you have to do is Build up you bunkers and at least 4 artillery in each bunker on your western border with France in case he decides to invade you while you invade Poland and when finished with that work your way west into France but while your fighting Poland build up some defenses to put on the Soviet border in case of an invasion because the Soviet Union loves to invade Germany if there not already inactive they either go inactive or fight Germany and then go inactive, and not to mention the USSR never prepares there army to even attack so they always lose
    • i find the best countries in terms of survival and winning are generally the corner countries and you make a coalition with neighbors such as Egypt-Turkey-Caucasus or Tsar, Finland Sweden

Most boring are the North American countries and as the game can be won in Europe alone that makes them worse.

In the world maps, again, I like corners South Africa, Argentina are my favorites.
    • Corner ensures guarantee of survival, but center is best for the long run. Say you're playing as Libya in 100p (challenging, but with good allies, Libya can survive). The beginning would be very hard as you have to get as many of your neighbors to be allies as you're surrounded by many countries, but once you survive that phase, since Libya is sort of at the center of Europe, Middle East, and Africa, the player doesn't even have to move capitals and therefore could allow for good morale while also having the core at its best. I've never played as Libya before in 100p, so take my word lightly.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • In certain games, countrys do not have a difference between army size or research (Tutorial, World at War, etc) but in others, namely Historic World War 1939, it does. When the armies do have a difference, it is advised you pick what I like to call the seven powers. The Soviet Union, The United Kingdom, The German Empire, Italy, Japan, The U.S and France. They have the most powerful and developed armies in the world. Other strong nations include: Nationalist China, Persia (Iran), British India and Sweden. Now, you do not have to be exactly historical but you should pick and choose how you would like to play. The U.K: Navy and empire means you can invade anyone, but limited manpower and small army to begin with. France: See; The U.K, however be aware outside of the Maginot you do not have many troops, and you don't have many resources. Germany: Oil and food are a problem, but strong army means you can just fight for the resources. U.S: Small beginning army, but lots of industry. Soviet Union: Massive army, but very crude. Hope you like rare materials. Japan: Big navy, small army. Same shit, different day really. Italy: Medium army, but don't let France secure an alliance with Germany, otherwise your toast.

I hope this guide could be of use to you. Cya on the battlefield, Soldier!
    • FortyMcFortFace wrote:

In certain games, countrys do not have a difference between army size or research (Tutorial, World at War, etc) but in others, namely Historic World War 1939, it does
      Agree with your assessment the 39 historical map. However, there are a few more countries that are playable (other than the big 7), particularly if in coalition with two other decent players.

I had coalition wins using Spain, Turkey, and Brazil. And came in second place with remotely isolated South Africa. So, don't give up early in the game in that 39 map if you are not one of the top dogs! ... :thumbup:
    • Historic world war: Germany, obvious advantage
      World at War: Spain. Spain has a good geographic location, with only one playable nation bordering it and 4 food provinces.
      If I had Canadian Soldiers, American Technology, and British Officers, I would rule the world. -Winston Churchill
      FORUM GANG Second Lieutenant :00000461:
      CALL OF WAR TECHNICIAN THIRD GRADE
    • It all comes down to which map you play depending on how many players there are.
      My go to for the 22 map is Sweden and Egypt.

Everyone has different styles of winning which makes this game unique to others. There is no right way.

The best country is trying to find what suites your needs the best and go from there.
    • FortyMcFortFace wrote:

In certain games, countrys do not have a difference between army size or research (Tutorial, World at War, etc) but in others, namely Historic World War 1939, it does. When the armies do have a difference, it is advised you pick what I like to call the seven powers. The Soviet Union, The United Kingdom, The German Empire, Italy, Japan, The U.S and France. They have the most powerful and developed armies in the world. Other strong nations include: Nationalist China, Persia (Iran), British India and Sweden. Now, you do not have to be exactly historical but you should pick and choose how you would like to play. The U.K: Navy and empire means you can invade anyone, but limited manpower and small army to begin with. France: See; The U.K, however be aware outside of the Maginot you do not have many troops, and you don't have many resources. Germany: Oil and food are a problem, but strong army means you can just fight for the resources. U.S: Small beginning army, but lots of industry. Soviet Union: Massive army, but very crude. Hope you like rare materials. Japan: Big navy, small army. Same shit, different day really. Italy: Medium army, but don't let France secure an alliance with Germany, otherwise your toast.

I hope this guide could be of use to you. Cya on the battlefield, Soldier!
      I'm actually in a 25p game right now as Romania, and I have already defeated the USSR and Germany. The key lies in diplomacy. Although Romania is bordered by Yugoslavia, Poland, and USSR, it has relatively good resource production, and once I allied with the USSR and Poland is invaded by Germany, it's actually pretty easy for me to expand. In my game, USSR and Germany allied, but when USSR went inactive and Mongolia began conquering its east, me and Germany allied up to take the west parts and saved me lots of time. Then I just bided my time conquering the Balkans while building up a military to match that of Germany. When I felt the time was right, I unleashed my army and blitzed through Germany with overwhelming air support, while repelling all Mongolian incursions as he allied with Germany to attack me. Now I made Germany inactive and is rampaging through France and Italy, whom he defeated so it's easy pickings, while running wild in Siberia with no resistance since Mongolian economy isn't well developed.

Conclusion is: Romania is the absolute best if you manipulate your European superpowers well. Small territory, good resource production, decent army, decent tech. Wait for some days and Romania can become its own superpower.

• FortyMcFortFace wrote:

In certain games, countrys do not have a difference between army size or research (Tutorial, World at War, etc) but in others, namely Historic World War 1939, it does. When the armies do have a difference, it is advised you pick what I like to call the seven powers. The Soviet Union, The United Kingdom, The German Empire, Italy, Japan, The U.S and France.
      Of the 7 superpowers mentioned in the 39 historical map, I think:

1) Japan is the hardest to beat. Unlike Europe, none of the neighbors are as powerful. But the army is relatively small and the large navy eats lots of oil!
      2) Perhaps second hardest to beat is the US, for the same reasons as above. Best chance to beat US is for Canada and Mexico to team up.

As for the Clash of Nations map- both the tutorial and the regular- the maps are relatively balanced ... 8)