Tech Captures

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tech Captures

I don't believe this exists today and it would be nice if it were possible to have tech research times reduced if one captures the capital of another country and they have a technology researched that you do not. For example, if Russia captured Berlin and did not have rockets researched, the research time after that point would be cut in half to reflect the advantage of capturing working examples of a technology.
    • Although currently research is conducted in an all or nothing way, it would be interesting if it was pausable, giving more of a strategic flexibility without just ditching the time and resources it got to the stage at.
      If the timer then used a points system to keep track of progress (which I think it does, but unsure), you could put in place some sort of mechanism that would give a couple of 'points' from the captured capital's nation spread out through your tech tree, simulating segments of information from captured blueprints, engineers and hearsay.

Of course the method I just highlighted would be a lot of work for a small change, and the simple capture=half research time could be a little too much.
      Kalantigos
      Master Chief Petty Officer.
      Game Moderator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | Call of War
    • Kalantigos wrote:

Although currently research is conducted in an all or nothing way, it would be interesting if it was pausable, giving more of a strategic flexibility without just ditching the time and resources it got to the stage at.
      If the timer then used a points system to keep track of progress (which I think it does, but unsure), you could put in place some sort of mechanism that would give a couple of 'points' from the captured capital's nation spread out through your tech tree, simulating segments of information from captured blueprints, engineers and hearsay.

Of course the method I just highlighted would be a lot of work for a small change, and the simple capture=half research time could be a little too much.
      I agree with that, as the world map takes 2 days and half to research medium tanks, capturing capitals would encourage warfare and would also allow tech to be researched faster
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • That seems like it would be an appropriate outcome of having captured working copies of the technology. The cost to research the tech would be reduced as well as time required to be able to reproduce it. It would basically be a reverse engineering operation.

Any thoughts from a developer on this?
    • I like the ideas being generated here. If we were to cut time in half, however, it should be based on a percentage. Perhaps a 25% reduction in research time? Then if you capture another capital of a different country then it would cut the remaining portion by 25% again (to simulate the tougher ending stages of research). This would continue until you essentially capture enough countries who have the technology researched already, in order to get a leg up in the game, and actually have a fighting chance if you're a player with a strong military but less technologically advanced.