Occupied Provinces and resources

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Occupied Provinces and resources

Before I get into this, I like the idea of the 'occupation' system- simply having that different coloured back ground on a nation you've just 'liberated' helps organisation (for me anyway.) I have also only played to day 11, and thus this might be a mute point.

However, I have always thought that after a certain point in time, the nations you've occupied would finally start producing more resources. Its understandable that no occupied nation would produce 100% resources. Things get lost, poor control and generally mistakes would happen. However, 75% of your resources being lost is rather extreme.

Now, I personally believe that morale should dictate how many resources are lost, it would work something like this.

25-49% Morale= 75% resources lost
      50-74% Morale= 50% resources lost
      75-100% morale= 25% resources lost

This is just a idea, I know the game is just in Beta and that the Dev team is trying to remove all the bugs. I'm loving this game right now, it hugely improves on S1914.

Shout out to the Dev team for a great team.
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • Butter Ball Bill wrote:

No, I would say stop at fifty percent. Other than that, I like the idea. But you would have to slow down morale's regen rate, you can get to 100% in two days.
      I forgot about being able to rapidly boost morale, so yeah, I agree with keeping things at 50%.

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

• I like the idea of getting atleast 50% out of occupied province, I also agree to slow down the morale rise of occupied province for both realism and good measure. The 25% deduction idea is also a pretty good idea, but it would kinda unbalance the game in a way, maybe apply the 25% deduction on the very late game? Like day 50-70 since the occupied territory will fully under control, what I mean is at day 50 the deduction will only be 25% and occupied province must have 100 morale to have that bonus, this way the game that's running too long can finally finish it, implying it took that long.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • It's an interesting idea, I tend to favour the current system as it allows you to play the waiting game, building up armies and infrastructure without having the need to immediately start gaining new territory. The severe resource penalty also means it's much more useful for alliances, and it does deter stabs to a small extent. It also gives the defence of the home territories that little bit more desperation that makes for a really interesting game.

But your ideas do have merit, it just feels like sliding a bit towards the supremacy games, which feel a lot more arcade-ey
      Kalantigos
      Master Chief Petty Officer.
      Game Moderator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | Call of War
    • Kalantigos wrote:

It's an interesting idea, I tend to favour the current system as it allows you to play the waiting game, building up armies and infrastructure without having the need to immediately start gaining new territory. The severe resource penalty also means it's much more useful for alliances, and it does deter stabs to a small extent. It also gives the defence of the home territories that little bit more desperation that makes for a really interesting game.

But your ideas do have merit, it just feels like sliding a bit towards the supremacy games, which feel a lot more arcade-ey
      I can see your point, maybe just major cities should produce more? I mean, if I captured London, I'd expect to have that cities in working order after a long space of time. I can still agree with it rising to 50% and no more.