Joke combat results

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Joke combat results

I am getting really sick of the insanely stupid combat results this game turns up.

A few minutes ago, I attacked a lone light tank which had only 9 hitpoints left. I attacked it with an interceptor, a tac bomber and a nav bomber, all in pristine condition. Those 3 aircraft had a combined attack of only 2.5 against tanks so I wasn't expecting to do much damage to the LT. Still, the LT has a defence against aircraft of only 0.5 - in this case only about 0.3 since the unit was only half strength - so naturally I was expecting little to no damage to my aircraft.

So, here is the combat result - I emphasize this is from a single attack:

Enemy light tank unit: 0 hitpoints lost. Fair enough, I was only attacking with 2.5 attack factors.

My naval bomber: 4 hitpoints lost.
      My tac bomber: 9 hitpoints lost.
      My interceptor: 12.5 hitpoints lost.

That's right, my aircraft lost a total of 25.5 hitpoints. From a unit that has an AA defence of only 0.3!
    • V1nd1cat0r wrote:

This...this is getting ridiculous,how can a tank harm a plane, a bomber even? I can't tell HP on units but on numbers alone this is really broken. Could be a bug?
      I don't think this is a bug. I don't like criticizing the people who did this game because in most of the aspects they did a great job, but one of their problems is they have to put some AA defense on every unit, no matter how illogical. On subs, tanks, EVERYTHING! My suggestion is, before making the game look more aesthetically appealing, I think they should improve the stats and make it more realistic. ?(
      The past is a foreign country.
    • And here's something else that bugs me - it seems the smaller the target, the less damage you do. I just attacked a lone AA unit with 5 tacs and 1 int. That's a total of 25 attack factors. And they only killed 3 hitpoints off the AA unit.

So, 25 of my attack factors can only kill 3 hitpoints, while 0.3 of his defence factors killed 25.5 of my hitpoints. Go figure.

Correction: I probably only attacked with 10 attack factors, because an AA unit probably counts as an "armoured" unit in this game. So I guess that result is still pretty poor, but at least within the range of being reasonable.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Joe Bentleigh ().

• More krazee combat results.

I caught an interceptor and 2 rockets on the ground - undefended by any ground units - with an armoured car. I thought they would be an instant wipeout since they have ZERO defence but no! My scout car only did some damage. So I brought up 2 more scout cars, expecting them to finish the job, but no! They killed a rocket but the other 2 units survived.

So then I brought up 5 light tanks and 2 medium tanks. What did they do? NOTHING. Just quietly merged with the two friendly scout cars.

So here I have made THREE attacks on a bunch of units with ZERO defence factors, and they have so far lasted for THREE combat rounds!

Srsly. Units with no defence factor should be an instant wipeout if not stacked with a ground unit.
    • I am new to this game just over a month and only started my second game last week in the new scenario and have noticed a few things that do not make any sense. i can only think they may have other factor to account for what seems totally loop sided results. Things like distance travelled, fatigue, weather, i can give many more examples that could explain unusual results. I understand your frustration with the mechanics seeming to need some calibrating, but sorry I strongly disagree with you when you ask them to fix that before the aesthetics of the game. 9 out of 10 times if it looks bad it taste bad and you and I are still both sitting at the table. However can you pass the ketchup because I think they might have under seasoned this new entree dish they just served. I will be making a couple post of my own.
      DeAzole
    • Weather, fatigue, and other natural and human elements does not exist in game, using such reasons like this is worthless and useless in game mechanic, I mean seriusly this is a game.

The problem is because the AI algorithm does not properly use in game factors like morale, HP, and stat line properly and needs a little more work.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • I am getting increasingly irritated by the combat results in this game. A few hours ago, I attacked a lone light tank unit in a city with 5 light tanks and 2 medium tanks. I took just 2 hitpoints off it in the first round. Then I brought up 5 infantry units. They did no damage at all. It ended up taking several hours to destroy this one unit, all the more remarkable considering that cities are the worst province type for tanks as they reduce the number of hitpoints by half.

I can understand why you might want to have a unit occasionally hanging on against all the odds but in this game it seems to occur ALL the time. Is it too much to ask for some more predictability, and for quicker combat resolution when the odds are heavily on one side? It seems to me that all that these long drawn out combats achieve is to increase frustration levels.
    • V1nd1cat0r wrote:

This...this is getting ridiculous,how can a tank harm a plane, a bomber even? I can't tell HP on units but on numbers alone this is really broken. Could be a bug?
      Well within reason "IF" and that's a big if a plane came in at a low angle for a strafe or dive run in the direction the gun is facing, or retreats at a bad angle within range of the tanks main gun at low altitude, there is a very low chance a tank could hit said aircraft, the chances are remote though, but could happen, of course those results were impossible in real life, your right though, it is quite ridiculous the in-game results.
    • Different thing, a fighter tends to have heavy offensive guns while a bomber has many more defensive and really only light bombers and early jet bombers having offensive guns. The bomber has a much heavier bomb load, is harder to turn with, tends to have more engines, unless the fighter in question is a heavy fighter and can drop bombs more accurately from a much safer height. Fighter-bombers can also have rockets. Fighter-bombers and bombers are very different.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• Tank units often have an intrinsic AA component, so there's nothing wrong with tank units in the game having an AA factor. It's not them having a factor that bothers me, it's the fact that they can do such incredible damage with their tiny AA factor, like when a tank unit with a pitiful 0.3 AA factor destroyed 25.5 hitpoints of my aircraft in a single attack. I've had the same problem attacking subs too. It appears that the amount of damage any single unit can do with its AA is massively disproportionate.