new players (me)/mercy killings

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• new players (me)/mercy killings

Recently, I found myself in a situation where I made a poor strategegic decision that condemned me to a month or more of hopeless play. As a solo player without enough reserves, I attacked someone I believed to be another solo player and lost my entire attack force to a second player whom I should have seen. I tried to maneuver my way out of it for another day and realized it was hopeless.

Seeing games littered with empty (inactive) player slots, I went looking for a suicide/surrender button but found nothing of the sort. I asked the player who trapped me so skillfully to finish it but he wasn't interested. Even after waiting a few days or so and watching a well executed blitzkrieg, I found myself eager to try again. Nothing is stopping me from simply joining another game except for the desire to be a polite player. Is it considered to be rude to abandon a game and leave your litter behind? If so, what should I do about it?

Smythy