THE WORLD MAP - A FIRST VIEW

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• THE WORLD MAP - A FIRST VIEW

After a long night of editing and compiling, I have created the FIRST (that I'm aware of) view of the world map in it's entirety. It took a while, since I couldn't disable HUD. (I also forgot to turn off the fog :cursing: , no fog version might come later)

I couldn't upload it due to it's size, so here is the link to view it >>> i.imgur.com/haVMpOi.jpg
      Here is a better quality (download) link >>> drive.google.com/file/d/0B7BJ6…XSFF5alk/view?usp=sharing

It is quite large, it took 30+ images of 1600x900 screencaps to create it. The full image is 6784 x 2681, I even downsized it quite a bit and it still wasn't able to be uploaded.

I think it offers a new perspective to how the map looks as compared to the real world, hopefully some of you can use it to plan your games.

I eventually will create a template of the world map, so you can all can create your own scenario/strategize/etc. (I've already experimented with it, but it will take me a very long time to do it without help, so if someone with experience in photoshop/paint/whatever can help, that'd be awesome, just send me a message. :thumbsup: )

Anyway, here are some comparisons(had to reduce quality by A LOT, PLEASE view the higher quality images before judging! :/ );

CoW world map vs newspaper map;

CoW world map vs real world map(robinson projection);

yo, what did the pirate say to the parrot? ... he said, ARRR you y- i'm a cracker..? ahem.. s-sorry.. i'm not.. uh.. very *good* with uh.. y'know jokes. I don't know .. um, yeah i guess i uh... will just give you a quote! yeah.. thats what i'll do.. a quote..

ahem.. here's the quote:

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." :00000450:
    • Great job! @Jacey521 This should be added.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • Thanks man, I knew people have been wanting something like this for awhile, especially a template for it. I'm glad someone noticed it though :)
      yo, what did the pirate say to the parrot? ... he said, ARRR you y- i'm a cracker..? ahem.. s-sorry.. i'm not.. uh.. very *good* with uh.. y'know jokes. I don't know .. um, yeah i guess i uh... will just give you a quote! yeah.. thats what i'll do.. a quote..

ahem.. here's the quote:

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." :00000450:
    • StrangeTalent wrote:

Cool! Now, give a template of troop positions for every country ^^
      Lol, maybe someday (If everyone got together and screencapped their starting positions, otherwise I'd have to join ~100 games) :P

ahem.. here's the quote:

• You really goofed by not disabling fog. Nice work though Jacey. Without fog it will be easy to create cool painted maps for posting to forums as you like to do. Also, do not forget to turn off units and resource sprites! I may give it a go as well later on.

The post was edited 2 times, last by mfncff ().

• mfncff wrote:

You really goofed by not disabling fog. Nice work though Jacey. Without fog it will be easy to create cool painted maps for posting to forums as you like to do.
      Don't worry, I'm working on it :)

ahem.. here's the quote: