Alternate Units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Alternate Units

What should be the alternate units? 17
        German super heavy tanks and Russian rocket artillery (11) 65%
        Something else (4) 24%
        German rocket artillery and Russian super heavy tanks (2) 12%
      As we have been discussing for the last few days, the Soviets and Germans need an alternate unit instead of an aircraft carrier since they never had any. We had a few ideas. Please use your vote wisely.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• Ok, things got a little complicated. I was doing more research and I found out that the Germans even the allies have fielded their own rocket artillery during the war. The soviets did it before the war and was able to use it during world war 2, using it on trucks, the Germans also have their own rocket artillery mounted on a half-track and the allies have their own version of it on top of a Stuart light tank (if I'm not mistaken).

German and allied rocket artillery entered in the middle or late in the war, the soviets use it at the start of th war, so if the rocket artillery became a thing then every faction should utilize it.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • Well you can give Russia and Germany carriers actually, its plausible they would have built them given they had the time, resources, need, and the facilities to produce them, in this game you can have all 4.

Of course if there are no plans for these ships from the countries in question, that would be an issue, but just because they never built something does not mean they never made plans for it. Germany made a lot of designs and concepts they never had the time or resources to create.
    • Germany did have aircraft carriers but was never finish.
      the Soviets never had aircraft carriers during world war 2 but manage to get some during the cold war.
      if the AC did get implemented then were going to use those.
    • Of course adding new units to the game will put more pressure on the research limits, since carriers would need their own aircraft, such as dive bombers, torpedo bombers, and naval fighters, *of course dive and torpedo bombing can be done by the same aircraft in some cases*, or even in the event of creating faction specific units, it will open more lines of research, we probably will need a 3rd research slot to accommodate an influx of multiple new tech trees, otherwise things would back up and become stagnant technology wise.
    • Panzer VIII Maus is currently the lvl 3 German heavy tank, and is by its own rights already a super heavy tank. The Russian KV-5 was a canceled super heavy tank, and is the lvl 3 Russian heavy tank.

Rocket artillery isn't going to do any more game damage than is already done by artillery in this game. It may have a terror aspect to it that decreases morale, and it is generally self-propelled.

The suggestion for super heavy tanks is redundant. While the rocket artillery isn't going to truly add any new unit/s, unit effects, or overall strategy to the game.

Granted it would be cool to see them shoot little rockets on the screen, instead of the current little black ball that is shot by the artillery.
    • I think that we have a game with a fictional set. If we got an aircraft carrier we need it for all nations!
      We have many other playable nations like Spain, Sweden, Yugoslavia and so on that never had that kind of stuff.

Would you like to play with your friends in a game where gold is banned?

Watch for the next season starts in September!
    • I suggest giving the AC to Germany because they actually had the plans, but never built it because Hitler gave priority to Dönitz's U-Boats. So it is pretty plausible giving Germany ACs. About the rocket artillery, even though other nations used it, the Soviets were by far the ones that used it the most, so I think it should go to them. I mean, it would be horrible to give them an AC, they didn't even have them in the 60's. I think it should be like some kind of super artillery, capable of doing enormous amounts of damage (but only to infantry).
      The past is a foreign country.
    • Butter Ball Bill wrote:

The Maus isn't a super heavy tank, it is a heavy tank, as you said. The KV-VI is way bigger and better than the KV-5.

Rocket artillery is awesome, don't you dare insult it.
      Actually the Maus was a failed Super heavy tank, so heavy in fact post war when the Soviets got a hold of the unfinished hulks and plans for some of them and during the conflict then the USA took out a few complete ones, both realized that the tanks were complete crap due to their extreme weight. The Maus could not cross most bridges and was too slow to really do anything but sit there.
    • The Germans had and used the first Jet Fighters and Bombers. They are the only ones who used and had Balistic missles during WW2. Their Medium tank Panther or Pzvt-VI was far above all other tanks in the field, just not enough numbers. Then there is the Tiger I and II. Germany should also start with Austria, and Czech and Poland theirs if it's 1940 and Denmark, Norway, Netherland, Belgium and France if it's 1942. Not to mention big portions of Russia with Finland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, and Croatia as allies. Perhaps you should call the game 1933. Anything after that the Germans had started developing tank tactics so they had light tanks. The Panzer 1 all way to the Panzer 4 pre-date 1941
    • i think this tread is over.
      seems like what we manage to do is suggest 2 different units the super-heavy tank, and the rocket artillery, that may well be implemented and the AC since this is a game ALL nations will get it.
    • My point remains -- let the player develop carriers if they want them. This is a simulation strategy game and developing alternative history and technology deployment is half the fun. Nations developed their doctrine based on their sometimes arbitrary views that players can and should deviate from. If we all had to do things the same way as the real Germans then is not much new and interesting to simulate...