Players League - new season starts with July game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The way we have it now is that we start one map, when that is full, we open another. And this is to make sure that games are full or as full as possible. No need for weird automations or randomizations. It is not the matrix, ok? Works perfect as it is now.

However, we should make it possible to join that second (or third) game a bit longer than the first game. Several players were left out of this round because they did not join the game in time.
    Sincerely, wildL
    EN Mod
    Report a problem

• Well, that would certainly help with the balancing issues.
    It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
  • Well, there are issues in current model. If we have a full map with 100 players and leftovers go to second map, second myp is having most likely weaker players, so if one of the stronger intentionaly wait for second one to open, he has a great advantage. Add to that the fact that second map is having a lot more AI and that point rewards are same for both maps and you get an issue.
  • I just menaged to contact one of them. Manta65 (Ontario) says that he didn't even noticed that he pressed the gold button, so he couldn't actually report that fact. Ha says that maybe he pressed it while trying to cancel a production or something like that. Dont' know about the other player. I'm not trying to justify their actions, I'm just reporting what he told me.
    By the way, you don't have to be sorry, I'm not upset with you or with the admins in general (there are rules and they must be respected). I'm just worried about my future since I've lost both my coalition partners this morning!
  • You can take advantage of the situation. First, try to get other coalition partners -- if that is to your advantage. Second, your former coalition members -- since there are gone -- are fair game...be first to take over their lands. Now, because you know where their forces were (presumably) you can quickly plan out your assault to take advantage of information that no one else in your match has.

That's a big advantage. But, hurry, the AI, won't leave everything in place for long. If they had left their backsides bare along your mutual borders, then you will have very little opposition for the earlier parts of the war that you would bring on them. Of course, this all presupposes that that your coalition partners were adjacent to you.
    It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
  • This Player League is not credible as well as all Bytro System . Players that are thrown out arbitrily by the game . Just one complaint or a suspect or having a companion of alliance as an administrator and you're out .Bytro must decide to create maps for who don't want gold and hold off that window (you can't click on !). But Bytro should keep everything else as otherwise would they gain ? In the meantime while you're playing are sent away with no cause.(system anticheat etc...for gold ...for multiaccount)....then ...maybe...after few days you get reinstalled in the match with apologies but in the meantime have already invaded your territory. Another question...can you play a game of 100 players without resources ? On the third day already there there is nothing !!!! Either there was a famine !!!!!! It's Ridicolous !!! I could understand after a period but who are preparing for a war have a minimum of stocks....ahahahh....and instead the gold box is available to administrator's friends and Bytro players.If you don't change this game is over as this useless league .
  • Don't be so cynical. This player's league is by players for players. The server admins are doing it as a favor using a limited prize series based on what Bytro provides to the admin to utilize. But I don't think this tournament is an officially sponsored thing. It's not Bytro, but the server admins that are conducting it.

We should thank our community volunteers for making it possible for us to have this contest. They don't actually get paid, you know. They get "Gold" and High Command...and maybe a few other in-game perks. Perhaps the highest position(s) get paid, I don't know, but even if they did, this is still by players for players.

The nuances are a work in progress, I think, so ... contribute your opinions, but don't fault anyone for how it's operated. Like I said, its by players for players...it's the community of players for which you and I are members WITH the volunteers.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
  • Karl Kar wrote:

This Player League is not credible as well as all Bytro System . Players that are thrown out arbitrily by the game . Just one complaint or a suspect or having a companion of alliance as an administrator and you're out .Bytro must decide to create maps for who don't want gold and hold off that window (you can't click on !). But Bytro should keep everything else as otherwise would they gain ? In the meantime while you're playing are sent away with no cause.(system anticheat etc...for gold ...for multiaccount)....then ...maybe...after few days you get reinstalled in the match with apologies but in the meantime have already invaded your territory. Another question...can you play a game of 100 players without resources ? On the third day already there there is nothing !!!! Either there was a famine !!!!!! It's Ridicolous !!! I could understand after a period but who are preparing for a war have a minimum of stocks....ahahahh....and instead the gold box is available to administrator's friends and Bytro players.If you don't change this game is over as this useless league .

No one has been thrown out arbitrarily. Bytro Operators went trough our game first, by each playername A-M and kicked those that had used gold. It's get printed in a little sheet with information on, what gold, where, when and what it was used for. So there really is no excuse. I'm sorry you feel this league is useless - I suggest you go outside and get some fresh air!

Haxxored84 wrote:

I have a question about the social experiment you guys are trying. Is that only based on the first round, or the other two rounds as well for this month's player league?
    All the games we have created count in the statistics, so we will have more than one winner this month.

Diabolical wrote:

Don't be so cynical. This player's league is by players for players. The server admins are doing it as a favor using a limited prize series based on what Bytro provides to the admin to utilize. But I don't think this tournament is an officially sponsored thing. It's not Bytro, but the server admins that are conducting it.

We should thank our community volunteers for making it possible for us to have this contest. They don't actually get paid, you know. They get "Gold" and High Command...and maybe a few other in-game perks. Perhaps the highest position(s) get paid, I don't know, but even if they did, this is still by players for players.

The nuances are a work in progress, I think, so ... contribute your opinions, but don't fault anyone for how it's operated. Like I said, its by players for players...it's the community of players for which you and I are members WITH the volunteers.
    You're putting it very nice Diabolical. Most sensible thing I've heard you say :P Thx. ;)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

If YOU have ANY issues in the game, feel free to suggest changes or critizise the rules/game setup or even send me a private message (many do).

What we don't like is people yelling at us or over-exaggerating and making it a terrible experience for everyone.

Use your influence to complain/suggest and make the game better. Don't shout at us for not doing exactly what you expected.
    Sincerely, wildL
    EN Mod
    Report a problem

• Do not show any response on the real problems of this game that I explained to you and on the use of tricks that allow you to cheat at any time and that the Bytro is very narrow because it holds through this gains .The prints of Bytro? Are you kidding me ? You could print yourself anything ... hahaha ... it's really absurd except that if someone pays to play (the game allows it despite you speak of)rules), has to play and if he is prevented is not exactly legal. So the fact of playing or not PL interests me little I mean to belittle your efforts but will never be a clean game if not solved all these problems. Probably my head (open air) this has got to be a little while you continue to keep your head down and do not understand what happens around you. I suggest you nicely a cold shower?
  • Karl Kar wrote:

Do not show any response on the real problems of this game that I explained to you and on the use of tricks that allow you to cheat at any time and that the Bytro is very narrow because it holds through this gains .The prints of Bytro? Are you kidding me ? You could print yourself anything ... hahaha ... it's really absurd except that if someone pays to play (the game allows it despite you speak of)rules), has to play and if he is prevented is not exactly legal. So the fact of playing or not PL interests me little I mean to belittle your efforts but will never be a clean game if not solved all these problems. Probably my head (open air) this has got to be a little while you continue to keep your head down and do not understand what happens around you. I suggest you nicely a cold shower?
    No - this is generated by the bytro support system - not something that anyone prints.

This league is not hosted by Bytro but by players. I doubt we will get Bytro developers to work on a special game feature just for us. You're welcome to suggest it to them...
    Sincerely, wildL
    EN Mod
    Report a problem

• >I doubt we will get Bytro developers to work on a special game feature just for us. You're welcome to suggest it to them...

The moderators have set their sights too low and they act as though they are merely gamers with special rights. Don't accept a title you cannot admit to being true. Are you a forum/chat janitor or do you actually have the status of a network moderator who secures a corporate network? If it is the latter than you have more pull than you admit too. It would be fairly simplistic to run PL rounds on a dedicated server with modified javascript functions that disallow any attempts at premium function uses and unauthorised administrative commands.