World Map Terrain Incomplete

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• World Map Terrain Incomplete

After weeks of playing on the 100 player world map I have just noticed that it was a rush job. Asia and Oceania have only plains and mountains for terrain. This creates a buff for the already abused armored units that can just snake around the mountains (not in the Himalaya though) and lay waste to anyone not hiding in a city. The general look and dynamic seems rushed and poorly designed.

Will the world map be updated with the variety of terrain in all other maps? Seems like a simple graphical design update and reordering the spreadsheet values for provinces which should be forest and hills.
    • China and Asia is actually mostly mountains, which is why they are so good at building there. As for Oceania, well, for a battle of one island, all that the island consisted of was an upward slope with trees. Then Iwo Jima was basically just a plain with a hill at one end.

:00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• The map of Asia and Oceania are well, these territories are mainly mountainous terrain with plains.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

China and Asia is actually mostly mountains, which is why they are so good at building there. As for Oceania, well, for a battle of one island, all that the island consisted of was an upward slope with trees. Then Iwo Jima was basically just a plain with a hill at one end.
      This is just apologism. It is obvious the map designer just quit and they uploaded an unfinished product. There are massive forests and jungles throughout Asia of course. Mountains are necessarily surrounded by hills. Don't urinate down my back and tell me it is raining.
    • mfncff wrote:

This is just apologism. It is obvious the map designer just quit and they uploaded an unfinished product. There are massive forests and jungles throughout Asia of course. Mountains are necessarily surrounded by hills. Don't urinate down my back and tell me it is raining.
      I described the Chinese landscape, and said the map was accurate. It was not apologism. Generally, in Asia, if there is a forest or jungle, it is probably on a hill or mountain.

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

I described the Chinese landscape, and said the map was accurate. It was not apologism. Generally, in Asia, if there is a forest or jungle, it is probably on a hill or mountain.
      Nonsense. Asia is not another planet where mountains have formed without hills and forests and jungles exist "generally" on mountains. Take a look at the Eurasian border one side and then the other and you can see a clear line where the Asian part of the continent was added without having been fleshed out with rough terrain. This is all besides the point that you should necessarily have rough terrain interspersed amongst the two extremes of plains and mountains as with all other geographic locations on the map in order to create a balance to it. The Pacific theater map is not so incomplete and has all forms of terrain throughout the Asian and Oceanic landmasses. Perhaps, you believe this map is somehow less realistic to the Martian terrain you believe Asia should have?

Here is a picture of a Malaysian mangrove forest like many hundreds of kilometer in area locations all over Asia that lie on level terrain often around rivers.
    • mfncff wrote:

Perhaps, you believe this map is somehow less realistic to the Martian terrain you believe Asia should have?
      Not once did I say Asia was red, sandy, and uninhabitable.

mfncff wrote:

Here is a picture of a Malaysian mangrove forest like many hundreds of kilometer in area locations all over Asia that lie on level terrain often around rivers.
      Looks kinda hilly to me.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Looks kinda hilly to me.
      Did you miss the part where I pointed out that in the totally based and realistic current 100 player world map there are no hills? Arguing for the sake of your lousy argument is very childish. Just as you are unable to see with your eyes that the map was a total rush job, you cannot tell that the river is surrounded by level terrain covered in mangrove trees.
    • wildL SPQR wrote:

First of all be polite.

Secondly, there are lots of both hills/forest terrain in Asia as well as plains and mountains. So what's the problem?
      Ahh, I have figured it out. Some kind of server error in the recent world map build has removed the graphical rendering of rough terrain from the Eurasian line eastwards. The rough terrain is still present. Just shown as a plains province graphically. I apologize for my mistaken claim that there was no rough terrain. Have submitted this issue as a bug report. I hope the current rounds can be fixed and soon.

The post was edited 3 times, last by mfncff ().