Account Hack

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Account Hack

I recently left a job where all of us played this game. Unfortunately, I didn't sign out of my account. My former co-workers are going into our game, and distributing my materials every day, and my troops, then changing to war to instantly conquer my land.

I've tried changing my Facebook password (how I'm logged in) and changing the password for the game, and the email on the game itself. It hasn't stopped them. Every morning, everything is traded to them and all my resources are gone, and my troops every day are routed out to sea so they spend hours coming back in.

I've submitted a ticket, with no response. What can I do to get my account logged out of at that old computer? See the pic that I've attached to see what I come into every morning.
      Images
      • Chuck.PNG

1.12 MB, 1,003×929, viewed 369 times
    • Unfortunately it isn't impossible it seems. It does screw the game up, but just this morning, I'd route my remaining tanks to him, and within a couple minutes, they were all stopped.

And I've asked, both guys just laugh when I ask them to log me out. So I've taken to reporting, and filing a ticket. Neither have yielded anything yet.
    • Refusing login cookies from two concurrent IPs is a pretty basic website SSL security measure. Perhaps, CoW doesn't have this simple security. The site should cancel the older address (forcing that system to logout) when a new address logs in at the same account. I'm no guru but from the certificates and cookies it looks like this forum has better account security than the main site.

StaatusQuo, I'm not going to go into details or say you should press charges but; this activity is generally internationally illegal (especially if you have paid towards the account) and you can threaten them into stopping. The operators may even be willing to assist you with evidence.

The post was edited 2 times, last by mfncff ().

• I never said it is not simple. However, I noticed that it is maybe not a common practise to do that. Examples are Facebook, Gmail and many more.

As for the matter in question, it seems that user has played with people from the same network in one particual game which is not allowed by the rules. Also, it is maybe his fault that he didn't log out, but in every case, he should talk to some member of the staff. Maybe they didn't have time to respond to the ticket.
    • Paramunac wrote:

I never said it is not simple. However, I noticed that it is maybe not a common practise to do that. Examples are Facebook, Gmail and many more.

As for the matter in question, it seems that user has played with people from the same network in one particual game which is not allowed by the rules. Also, it is maybe his fault that he didn't log out, but in every case, he should talk to some member of the staff. Maybe they didn't have time to respond to the ticket.
      I wasn't given the chance to log out is the problem. The company came in last Friday and laid off all upper management. The guys left were workers that have access to my computer, hence the continuing log in.

And thank you wildL SPQR for pushing this along. It's frustrating knowing I've put a decent amount of money into the game, only to have my efforts being stolen by the guys still left there.
    • Field Marshal Dan wrote:

Keeping an account secure by not using shared computers or sharing password is the user's responsibility.

We have received your ticket Staatus Quo, the Senior Game Operator has it.
      Dr Leprechán will help you.
      Thank you! Unfortunately, it wasn't a shared computer, but when they had the 3 upper managers go, we never had a chance to go back and lock our computers. Our offices are unattended, and the employees have taken advantage of that and are constantly going in and taking everything.

But thank you for all the help.