Fortifications

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Fortifications

Having just started playing the game... I find relying on the 'split' button to move certain troops away from defensive troops to be a pain in the arse X/ ... especially once a fortification has been built.

Would it be feasible to increase the size of the fortification Icon and allow troop types to be 'emplaced' and 'split-able', away from the normal, 'split-able' troop icon? I believe it would make life a bit easier on everyone and certain levels of fortification could eventually be tied to certain weapon types if the designers so chose.

Thanks for any feed back or consideration. Cheers :beer:
    • s665.photobucket.com/user/emis…o/media/Istanbul.png.html

StrangeTalent...

If the photo posts... you'll see Istanbul as it stands right now. ALL the building upgrades are currently level 1 and I would guess the pentagon at the flagpole's base is showing 'Fortification'. What I am proposing is to mayhaps enlarge the pentagon a bit and give it the properties of (in this case) the armored car ICON info box shown at the bottom... perhaps entitled Istanbul Fortifications (Turkey)(L.1), with a breakdown of Units... as seen for the 1st. Armored Car Brigade (Turkey)(L.1).

As an example of the workings for the above image... Units coming from production (say infantry or towed atg) would still fall under the armored car icon. Then the normal choices apply... with the additional possibility of splitting off the aforementioned unit to the 'Fortification' for defense of the city. These units would no longer be visible under the AC icon, so fewer mistakes with orders.

Just a thought, several options could be implemented. Fortification mods only apply to units inside. Units utilized/allowed could be Fortification level dependent... ie. L.1 for infantry, L.2 for ATG., L.3 for Arty., L.4 for AA,. and L.5 for medium armor.

Just some thoughts rattling around in my noggin. Take 'em or leave 'em. Just thought I'd share. :saint: