Admin Replacement of Inactive Players

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Admin Replacement of Inactive Players

Just blew a lot on a gold game. My main ally with the largest army leaves me a note that he will be away for a day, maybe two max. And he was immediately replaced with an ally of the opposing coalition.

I can no longer trust this game to resemble fairness, and that's really upsetting because I was enjoying myself and spending gold. Sure, anti-gold folks can call me stupid or whatever, but it's a real disappointment because I liked this game. But all that work went down the toilet in a hurry because of that decision, and it was selfish for them to do as well.

I am a newer player, so I hear the first player is always an admin of some type? I don't know how that works, but I would imagine that being an ally to that player is probably the best way to win the game.

Signed

The now Faith-less Urbscholar. (At least I can spend my money on hookers and blow now). :wallbash
    • The game creator is the initial admin. Should that person go inactive than the player with the highest victory points assumes admin responsibility. You could claim that the admin "wolfpacked" (brought in other users later in the game in order to win), which is against the rules by submitting a 'bug report' in game. Your buddy should have posted a newspaper message that he would return after 48 hours so that his place was not kicked as inactive though.
    • For newer players, we don't know all those unwritten rules about inactives and how they're kicked. Yes, the newspaper article might have worked. But we had no idea that they'd actually kick the player.

What you said about the admin going inactive and being replaced did occur. Seems the new one was not very ethical with the newfound power, however.

Regardless, I won't play any game that I cannot count on to be somewhat fair.
    • The game admin is allowed to replace inactive players and invite new players to the game.

There is also no rule, that a game admin can't invite a friend or another player to the game after clearing the inactives. Actually it's encouraged.

However, the admin is not allowed to wolfpack the game by getting several of his friends to join, but that does not seem to be the case here?

Anyways, if your friend had messaged the admin or written in newspaper to hold off, then we might be able to take action - but since he didn't, it really is his own fault/misfortune. It sounds more like an excuse that you "don't know the rules" than an actual argument.

The game is quite fair, but not all players are :)
      Sincerely, wildL
      EN Mod
      Report a problem

• Funske wrote:

Pablo22510 wrote:

Funske wrote:

If you kick innactive to invite YOUR friends in , you actualy abuse it , and u break the rules . and to be honest , i've rarely seen someone kicking innactive , unless he wants to invite someone in
      People don't usually kick inactives, as it's easier to beat the AI.
      But when they do , they use that in theyr own interess , most of the time
      Nah, not really.
      The past is a foreign country.