Morale Question: Armies

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Morale Question: Armies

So I have been reading the manual and through the forum and ive watched all the Youtube videos I can find in English. Im still questioning my understanding of morale.

My big question is : Does keeping units in a province help to increase the morale? For example, if a province is only at 25% morale and you keep a infantry unit there will that infantry help to increase the morale??

I know that the infantry will help to prevent or fight off a rebellion but does it also add a level of security to increase the morale by martial law?? If not it should BTW developers....

The other things I understand about morale are that the neighboring provinces effect the morale decrease, the amount of countries your at war with effect the morale and the distance to capital effect the morale....

A more broad question is : Is there anything you can do besides use gold or build fortifications to give you a increase in province morale???

:tumbleweed:
    • Prefector wrote:

So I have been reading the manual and through the forum and ive watched all the Youtube videos I can find in English. Im still questioning my understanding of morale.

My big question is : Does keeping units in a province help to increase the morale? For example, if a province is only at 25% morale and you keep a infantry unit there will that infantry help to increase the morale??

I know that the infantry will help to prevent or fight off a rebellion but does it also add a level of security to increase the morale by martial law?? If not it should BTW developers....

The other things I understand about morale are that the neighboring provinces effect the morale decrease, the amount of countries your at war with effect the morale and the distance to capital effect the morale....

A more broad question is : Is there anything you can do besides use gold or build fortifications to give you a increase in province morale???

:tumbleweed:
      1. Keeping troops in a province does not make morale go up. It merely prevents rebellions from happening.
      2. Yes. Have enough of all resources.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • Thanks for your reply.

How does having enough resources increase morale?? Is that supposed to imply that if you have more resources you can build more fortifications?

Im in a match now where i started a day late and was invaded by three countries when i first signed in. I have beat them all back and now im sitting here with really low morale and low resource production! Isnt there anything I can do to raise my morale quicker when i cant afford fortifications and i still have my army! I heard that taking the enemy capital raises morale!?!?! Is that true? that would be nice because i have the enemy cornered to his capital.
    • Prefector wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

How does having enough resources increase morale?? Is that supposed to imply that if you have more resources you can build more fortifications?

Im in a match now where i started a day late and was invaded by three countries when i first signed in. I have beat them all back and now im sitting here with really low morale and low resource production! Isnt there anything I can do to raise my morale quicker when i cant afford fortifications and i still have my army! I heard that taking the enemy capital raises morale!?!?! Is that true? that would be nice because i have the enemy cornered to his capital.
      1. No. Not having enough resources lowers morale, so try and prevent that.
      2. I think it does, yeah. But I think only in the cores. You'll just have to wait it out.
    • Ok cool thanks.....

One more question!

How does unit morale grow?? Is it always the same? Or does it depend on the province they are in? For example, IF a unit has 70% morale and is in a province with ethier higher or lower morale does that effect the regen of morale for the unit? OR is the unit morale regen just always slow and steady????
    • Prefector wrote:

Ok cool thanks.....

One more question!

How does unit morale grow?? Is it always the same? Or does it depend on the province they are in? For example, IF a unit has 70% morale and is in a province with ethier higher or lower morale does that effect the regen of morale for the unit? OR is the unit morale regen just always slow and steady????
      Both. Units regenerate morale gradually, but putting them in a high morale province always works.
    • Taking a capital will raise morale in all your provs by 10%. It will also give you about half of the enemies cash. Don't confuse unit morale with prov morale. They are completely independent, except that your unit needs to be in one of your own provs and not fighting for it's morale to go up. Both prov morale and unit morale increase at the start of each day. The lower the morale of a unit is the more it will increase, it's 15% of missing morale. So in your example, a unit with 70% morale will gain 30*0.15=4.5 morale. Prov morale will increase or decrease at a rate that depends on how far the current morale is from the target morale.