Prepaid gold games

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Prepaid gold games

I would pay gold to start a game where gold use during game wasn't possible. 19

The result is only visible to the participants.

As usual gold usage is a very hot topic. I would prefer games where you pay a certain amount of gold to join the game but it was not just disallowed by the honor system, but not possible to use gold while playing the game. This is a poll to get an idea of the interest in such a prepay option.
    • I think it should be more along the lines of a poker tournament.

You pay a big Gold price to enter ( let's say for arguments sake you pay 10.000 gold) (not use gold you have in stash, but actually pay for a new batch of 10.000 gold to ensure payment for Bytro)

Only 1,2 and 3 walk away with a prize. That prize could be anything really - but maybe around 50% of the total gold invested.

Winner walks away with half a million in gold and everyone knows he won with honor :)

Would be a very interesting game :)
      Sincerely, wildL
      EN Mod
      Report a problem

• I like your idea and I think it would be a good option to have along with games without this option. People that have a lot of experience and have a lot of time to spend on the game would be very attracted to winning a lot of gold. But this could discourage more causal players that don't have all day to spend playing, since they would know they were up against hard core players trying to win the gold.
    • wildL SPQR wrote:

I think it should be more along the lines of a poker tournament.

You pay a big Gold price to enter ( let's say for arguments sake you pay 10.000 gold) (not use gold you have in stash, but actually pay for a new batch of 10.000 gold to ensure payment for Bytro)

Only 1,2 and 3 walk away with a prize. That prize could be anything really - but maybe around 50% of the total gold invested.

Winner walks away with half a million in gold and everyone knows he won with honor :)

Would be a very interesting game :)
      I'm fine with most of this, the only problem for me is that I don't pay a cent on free games. I'd really like to use my earned gold for it.
      Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.
      -Winston Churchill

Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching.
      -George S. Patton
    • DxC wrote:

There are a lot of possible variations, but for me the main thing is playing a game where there is a level playing field. Compared to the amount of time I end up investing in a game a couple bucks seems pretty insignificant.
      Everyone has their own playstyle. I do agree on the overall idea though.
      Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.
      -Winston Churchill

Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching.
      -George S. Patton
    • The general player base definitely wants a *fair* way of doing competition with one another. If we have to have High Command to do, so be it.

The Player's League is a great start, @Bytro Labs. But we need something for the alliance matches, too. We want serious skill based games, not deepest wallet. Public games, I encourage gold all the way :thumbup:
      Pax Romana Communications Officer

• Lol, who's the one person who voted no?
      -Winston Churchill

-George S. Patton