Poll: Patton or Montgomery?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Poo. John Grisham?
      John Grisham is OK, just not enough gunshots for my taste. I like spies and soldiers, Grisham is more like run-of-the-mill people. The critics consider that by far the best authors in the thriller genre are Le Carré and Forsyth, whose throne is unassailable. Curiously enough, both were in the SIS.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

John Grisham is OK, just not enough gunshots for my taste. I like spies and soldiers, Grisham is more like run-of-the-mill people. The critics consider that by far the best authors in the thriller genre are Le Carré and Forsyth, whose throne is unassailable. Curiously enough, both were in the SIS
      Lol, I was just naming author my parents have read, and presuming they are thriller writers. I've never read either of them, nor do I care to. I don't care for thrillers. Now that I think about it, maybe we should stop talking about books here so we don't get in trouble.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Patton, I've always been one for the decisive battle of annihilation and maneuver emphasized by Napoleon, and I feel Patton is the true embodiment of such for the Allies.
      "A knight cannot save the world. They call certain methods of fighting good and others evil, acting as if there were some nobility to the battlefield."

"Honor? Glory? There's no point in speaking to a killer who indulges in such nonsense."

"It's a crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated"
    • George Patton was better General, his strategy especially during the campaign of Italy served to the fall of the axis in the West.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • Caesar wrote:

his strategy especially during the campaign of Italy served to the fall of the axis in the West.
      Such bull, it was D-Day if anything. That campaign only gave the Germans more factories and units directly into their army.

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Such bull, it was D-Day if anything. That campaign only gave the Germans more factories and units directly into their army.
      I'm not interested in starting a discussion on who was the best General, in my opinion, Patton was the best overall. End of the discussion.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Wow, way to put across false facts and then not defend them.
      You are interested in 'facts?, Ok:

Patton was simply the better General allied, thanks to their tactics, Germany lost in the West, the strategic knowledge on the armored and their tactical got the German defeat in Normandy and in all the Western European front, but as I said, I'm not interested in discussing, everyone has an opinion.

• Caesar wrote:

the strategic knowledge on the armored and their tactical got the German defeat in Normandy
      Not really. Patton wasn't even a commander at D-Day. When he did arrive, he faced less troops than anybody else.

"Patton's strategy with his army favored speed and aggressive offensive action, though his forces saw less opposition than did the other three Allied field armies in the initial weeks of its advance"

Caesar wrote:

everyone has an opinion.
      Making wild claims that Patton alone defeated Germany in Western Europe isn't an opinion, nor is it fact.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Making wild claims that Patton alone defeated Germany in Western Europe isn't an opinion, nor is it fact.
      Simply watch the survey, the majority opinion that Patton is better, it is true that Patton not only conquered to put an end to the Germans, but if he had a great merit.

• Caesar wrote:

Simply watch the survey, the majority opinion that Patton is better,
      I voted for Patton myself, but you make it out that he single-handedly defeated the Germans `when that couldn't be further from the truth.

Caesar wrote:

it is true that Patton not only conquered to put an end to the Germans
      Who captured Berlin? Who captured Rome? Who won the Battle of Monte Cassino? Who won the Battle of Villers-Bocage? Patton did nothing here.