Secure your crate!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Diabolical wrote:

Here's a question...will the AI nations have access to crate research?
      They do. In one of my games an AI has lvl 6 or 7 or whatever AA.
      Since asking the question, in an OLD match (day 150, maybe), I had researched EVERYTHING. Now, since the change, one of the AI's has higher tech than me and I've dropped from 100%. Also, I can see all the crate research items but I can't research them of course.

I thought that the effects of the crates would not reflect on older games???

Also, if they are affecting older games, will the appearance of crates occur in less-old games, at least? Also, how do you know if there is a crate in your match...is there a World Herald announcement?
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

Diabolical wrote:

Also, if they are affecting older games, will the appearance of crates occur in less-old games, at least? Also, how do you know if there is a crate in your match...is there a World Herald announcement?
      I have no idea.

...not related to the above.

But, I just have to say, your latest .gif about Steve Irwin getting chased by a stingray...that's just not right.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

Diabolical wrote:

But, I just have to say, your latest .gif about Steve Irwin getting chased by a stingray...that's just not right.
      You could've PM'ed me. Either way, I think it's pretty funny. I'm still giggling.

Perhaps I could've. But I didn't think it was report-worthy nor to pm you about it. It's just a bit too crass for public consumption. I don't deny it's humor, though. And the meme you've posted here, is ... well ... that's Steve Irwin, alright.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

SOE gave the French Resistance money in WWII via airdrops.
      Okay, sure, QD, but when did anyone air-drop cash to their own troops in the field?

As for air-dropping rolled "steel" to the troops, that never happened. Steel is a raw material, not a finished weapons system or munition. As for air-dropping armored vehicles, that virtually never happened during WWII because of the relatively limited lift capacity of the available transport aircraft on both sides. Yes, the Germans experimented with some gigantic air transports, but abandoned their efforts as too expensive and impractical.

My larger point was that the whole "crates" thing, including "blueprints," is a very weird and unrealistic addition to the game. Oil, metal, rare materials, goods and money are the representative industrial raw materials used to manufacture in-game weapons systems; raw materials would never be air-dropped to the troops in the field. The addition of "crates" and "blueprints" gives the game the feel of a 1960s Milton-Bradley or Parker Brothers board game, not a modern computer strategy game based on actual military tech.
    • did someone say crates?
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • MontanaBB wrote:

The addition of "crates" and "blueprints" gives the game the feel of a 1960s Milton-Bradley or Parker Brothers board game, not a modern computer strategy game based on actual military tech.
      Hurray! MB Rules!!!

That was the whole reason that I joined in with Call of War...it reminded me of my favorite game of all time, Axis & Allies. Sure some of the rules are arbitrary but they help to make the game more interesting and playable.

Just how much realism can you expect from a "GAME"???

That being said, I still want navigable rivers and canals, animated units, gold-featured deluxe animations, skins, the ability to sort by Money in the province list, and the ability to join one forcibly free-to-play gold-free match at a time....while not discouraging all the gold spending in all other matches that a player has joined, simultaneously.

There are lots of other requests I've made over the past year, and I've only seen a couple get considered, but who am I among the hundreds of thousands of users of Call of War? Oh yeah, I'm in the top 50 players, worldwide, military-score-wise....and 89th, overall.

Just sayin'

R.I.P. Snickers <3