Province Population/Manpower

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Province Population/Manpower

I am in a match and I have to use my gold to "buy" manpower. Cant seem to have enough...given im taking on 5-6 active players...What are the secrets to getting the most manpower for your provinces??

I think it has to do with population of the province. Is there a way to effect the population of a province?

I will be building barracks in Provinces with large populations to capitalize on the manpower production bonus.

Any info or tips on building your manpower would be great!
    • Keep an eye on your manpower / hour

A good rule I use is if manpower is below 200/hour, I create non-infantry units. If it is above 200/hour, I create Infantry units. Eventually, you'll have enough manpower to not even worry about it.

If you have a sizable infantry-based army, it may be worthwhile to engage in a war and lose a lot of them...
      Pax Romana Communications Officer

• Base manpower rate is population * 0.0003 and is not dependent on morale. The only way to increase the rate is with active barracks, but don't be hasty building a lot of barracks and disable them as soon as you don't need them. Normally, MP shortage is only an issue in the first few days of the game. Research LT as soon as possible and build them instead of INF. INF cost a lot of MP to build and maintain.
    • DxC wrote:

Base manpower rate is population * 0.0003 and is not dependent on morale. The only way to increase the rate is with active barracks, but don't be hasty building a lot of barracks and disable them as soon as you don't need them. Normally, MP shortage is only an issue in the first few days of the game. Research LT as soon as possible and build them instead of INF. INF cost a lot of MP to build and maintain.
      But you should always have the ability to build infantry in all of your industrial cities, as tanks consume oil, and you have to be able to build infantry in case your oil is low.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

DxC wrote:

Base manpower rate is population * 0.0003 and is not dependent on morale. The only way to increase the rate is with active barracks, but don't be hasty building a lot of barracks and disable them as soon as you don't need them. Normally, MP shortage is only an issue in the first few days of the game. Research LT as soon as possible and build them instead of INF. INF cost a lot of MP to build and maintain.
      But you should always have the ability to build infantry in all of your industrial cities, as tanks consume oil, and you have to be able to build infantry in case your oil is low.
      Food is much scarcer in this game than oil.
    • Jonhydude wrote:

Pablo22510 wrote:

DxC wrote:

Food is much scarcer in this game than oil.
      Only in world maps.
      The past is a foreign country.