Is normal for a destroyer to loose hp fighting a see convoy?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Zimbrisor wrote:

what is not clear? do tha tank from liberty fire? NO.... do the liberty fire also without a tank on it? YES... so the ships has nothing to do with the cargo that he carry... liberty is a transportation ship... the convoys are not, cause they do not fire , the tank on it supposed oto do that.... so if we make a new unit: transportor, then yes, that unit can fire... but if we only have some little invisible ship that carry a tank, a tank that at some point can fire in a sub... then that is insane :)))
      I get you. Anyways, you seem to have missed the point that Liberty ships carrying cargo had 5" guns on them.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Zimbrisor wrote:

From what i see the land units can not fight ships... so how is that my destroyer that is currently attacking a convoy of tanks and infantry, to loose hp?!?!?! How can a tank battle on the see? :)))
      Finally we got it black on grey... ;)

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

Restrisiko wrote:

Finally we got it black on grey...
      How do you view this?
      It's new, damage values from convoys are now displayed - just click on a convoy

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • OK so lets put this to bed. I looked at several units at sea on ships and guess what they all have the same .3 damage rating against naval. So what does that mean. well we could look at it as each unit maintains a certain attack value while on board ships...OR we can say the SHIP has an attack/Defend value of .3. Now as for ships staying after troops disembark is a simple answer. Convoy/Transport ships are in game only to facilitate transport of troops across bodies of water and Bytro in their wisdom has decided they did not want us to create endless supplies of transports to ferry our men from shore to shore. If they wanted to they could make us produce tons of transports just so you dont have to use subs to attack convoys. I am not trying to be mean at all just trying to get you to see why they have a attack/defend value on board ships....Its because transport ships of that era did indeed have defensive weapons on them.

bottom line use fleets or subs to attack convoys it works better

"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy."Friedrich Nietzsche
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

Not really. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it;s not their. I mean, do you seriously think everybody eats nothing but ears of corn? Or that tanks are purely made of metal, no glass, leather, etc? Our soldiers have no metal consumption, meaning they should consume no rounds. Does everyone beat each other to death with their guns?
      Agreed. I assume if you build a naval base and didn't assign it to do anything, it would continue doing what it was there for. To build ships like Liberty and what not. and even still, all countries had a few transport ships that the military didn't mark as a unit unless they were needed.
    • Zimbrisor wrote:

what is not clear? do tha tank from liberty fire? NO.... do the liberty fire also without a tank on it? YES... so the ships has nothing to do with the cargo that he carry... liberty is a transportation ship... the convoys are not, cause they do not fire , the tank on it supposed oto do that.... so if we make a new unit: transportor, then yes, that unit can fire... but if we only have some little invisible ship that carry a tank, a tank that at some point can fire in a sub... then that is insane :)))
      All of you people are totally missing the whole point of this discussion. That some players wants to have more REALISM. The problem is, if we wanted more realism, then Bytro would have to add fuel and fleet supply ships, medics and M.A.S.H. tents, Army Engineering Corps, flak guns, S.S. Officers, KGB Spies, and a sprite for every senior commanding officer that could be captured or killed. "Hey Rommel, I see you in transit en route to Libya. I'm going to blow you out of the water and make the German Army in Africa lose it's overall rating from 5 down to 4."

The problem is that there are already plenty of complexities and yet we -- the players -- keep demanding more. Sure, a couple new units and buildings would be nice. But the biggest complaint from newer users (aside from "coiners") is how overly-complicated this game is, already. The good folks at Bytro try to balance this game for complexity, fairness, realism, imagination, and fun...all while trying to generate a reasonable profit.

You've got to be careful not to complain about things that are just not worth complaining about. So what if a transport ship magically appears to take your Medium Tank across the Aegean Sea. So what if your units heal everyday at the exact same time and by no more than 15% without any medics anywhere to be found. So what if there's no such thing as a parachute in this game and you'll never see a paratrooper even though there are airplanes and fighter-jets and nuclear bombers (ironic since there is a new "paradrop" bonus crate feature). So what if you build a thousand tanks and the enemy can slaughter you with fifty Tactical Bombers just because you didn't "bother" to research AA Guns.

None of this is THAT realistic. It's a game...just a game. So go and have fun and don't sweat the small stuff.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3