railoads

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • the price of railroads I believe I way to high

      they were a key roll in all combat in every war since the 1900s and here they are hard to build.

      it is 7500 goods 7500 metal 5000 oil 2500 cash that is a large investment for a land that does not produce a product

      I think that should be talked about some

      maybe a new build

      1 for roads and anther for railroads
    • I disagree, the provinces are pretty big so the cost makes sense. Maybe if you built them in a province which yields res before ones that don't it wouldn't be a problem. I have never found a problem with infrastructure. Now the indo comp seems like way too much, 5k of rare materials, a scarce resource.

      We don't need more buildings.

      Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

      Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

    • thesweede wrote:

      it is 7500 goods 7500 metal 5000 oil 2500 cash that is a large investment for a land that does not produce a product
      Honestly, I don't build infrastructure in provinces that don't produce anything. That's just stupid.



      Butter Ball Bill wrote:

      the indo comp seems like way too much, 5k of rare materials, a scarce resource.
      Not really. An industrial complex is a very important thing, and it seems fair it costs a lot.
      "You can't break a man the way you break a dog, or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands." -Jackal (Far Cry 2)

    • thesweede wrote:

      the price of railroads I believe I way to high

      they were a key roll in all combat in every war since the 1900s and here they are hard to build.

      it is 7500 goods 7500 metal 5000 oil 2500 cash that is a large investment for a land that does not produce a product

      I think that should be talked about some

      maybe a new build

      1 for roads and anther for railroads
      A month ago, there was a discussion in german that the builings should give at least a + for ur morale, so they would be at least usefull for one thing but nothing changed
      Taktik? Wozu? Es gibt RAKETEN! Für alles andere gibt es Flieger.
    • Butter Ball Bill wrote:

      I disagree, the provinces are pretty big so the cost makes sense. Maybe if you built them in a province which yields res before ones that don't it wouldn't be a problem. I have never found a problem with infrastructure. Now the indo comp seems like way too much, 5k of rare materials, a scarce resource.

      We don't need more buildings.
      It does come off as pretty high to me too. Especially for the first level. I think the next 4 levels are relatively inexpensive, and they don't take rare material. If you average out (in your mind) that 5K over the 5 levels for 1K per level, then it doesn't really seem as annoying.

      Everyone is paying the same to build things, so even if we have cheap/expensive buildings/units everyone will be on a level playing field.
    • Sticky thread.

      A infrastructure is cheap in the provinces with resources (pays for itself within 2 weeks) and too expensive for the good of a 50% speed bonus in the provinces without the resources. I guess, we could leave the cost of infrastructure and its resources bonus as it is just now and to raise the speed bonus.

      For example.

      We set a speed bonus for all units from 50% to 100% or even to 150% as in Supremacy but with maximal values, which depends on the level of infrastructure:

      lvl1 - 70 kmh,
      lvl2 - 90 kmh
      lvl3 - 120 kmh

      So our car armor and mechs cann't move with unrealistic speed 150-175 kmh.
    • The industrial complex is a very important building and the key to build advanced units.

      The idea is, that it is build only in a few key cities, not all over the map. Hence the first level is expensive, then afterwards the costs are going down. Lowing that costs in my opinion would make the Industrial Complex too easy to build and as a result there would be large amounts of advance units.
      Saludos Cordiales, / Liebe Grüße, / Sincerely,

      -= BenjB =-
    • Industrial complex is also the best way to increase product production with resources hard to come by building up on the areas you have become major factors to victory

      when you can only increase out put with industrial complex naval base and infrastructure


      one of 3 things stops your building up your armed forces

      food oil or pop


      or those are what I have run into
    • No, build it up where you need it. What I like to do is arrange my provinces by the resource they make in the provinces tab and let's say I am missing grain. I go into the tab and find what province 3 provinces make the most grain and heavily build those up. It works really well.

      Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

      Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

    • thesweede wrote:

      the price of railroads I believe I way to high

      they were a key roll in all combat in every war since the 1900s and here they are hard to build.

      it is 7500 goods 7500 metal 5000 oil 2500 cash that is a large investment for a land that does not produce a product
      I fully agree, in fact I was going to start a thread about this myself the other day.

      In S1914 you can eventually build up a full rail network everywhere, although it takes time and resources. In this game, it's a virtual impossibility due to the great expense. Even more absurd, you have to build your infra in the tiny little urban provinces where the speed advantage is practically zero, and leave those very large provinces which could really use a speed boost entirely unimproved.

      I think the first thing that needs to happen is that you should get a better than 20% speed boost for level 1 infra. I would say, 40 or 50% would be enough to make the investment worthwhile, but really, I think the whole system probably needs a rethink.
    • BenjB wrote:

      The industrial complex is a very important building and the key to build advanced units.

      The idea is, that it is build only in a few key cities, not all over the map. Hence the first level is expensive, then afterwards the costs are going down. Lowing that costs in my opinion would make the Industrial Complex too easy to build and as a result there would be large amounts of advance units.
      I agree, I don't think the industrial complex is too expensive at all, in fact I think they got that bit about right. The only thing I really don't like is that I think level 1 industrial complexes are too easy to damage or destroy. I don't have a problem with higher level industrial complexes being destroyed, but given the investment for the level 1, I think they should be much hardier and take less damage than the higher levels.