The search of the lost map

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• nemuritor98_ wrote:

Not necessarly. 1vs1 and 2vs2 could be good too if they are well made
      Yeah, but people want a big map update. I like 2 vs 2, I can't lie on that. But a historical 1936/1939 world map would be pretty cool. As well as an historical Pacific map. And if we have a 1 vs 1/2 vs 2 map, it should be something more historically relevant. Maybe a Operation Barbarossa or Operation Overlord map.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • to me, I want a korean war map, I feel that this game covers that very well (just look at the dates the tech is showing)
      i mean the leopards are there, 1950 mech inf is there, the game needs by all means, a korean war map is needed
      How many regert electing the current US president, and if not, please, tell me why you havent yet, id love to here you, hopefully smart answer.
    • 1936 European Map (Including all the way down to Ethiopia)
      Players;50

The World starts with the Spanish Civil war and the Ethiopian player already at war with Italy (Italy having an advantage but realistically it took a year to take Ethiopia so the Ethiopian player has a fair chance). Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg are united to become Benelux and they start with building a Maginot line (If they want to, only France starts with the Maginot line) Germany has an option to start the Anschluss (Adding events for this map would be great like being able to send volunteers to Spain) and annex Austria and around day 12 be able to claim Czechoslovakia. The allies start as Great Britain (and common wealth), and France while axis are just Germany and the cominterm (communist states) are USSR and this alliances can recruit others (basically a coalition but different in some aspects as trade/ideologies.)
      Africa is owned by Portugal, France, Italy, GB, and Belgium but players can play as rebellions (for example they start with no land but African colonies are not heavily defended so it will add a new aspect to playing a rebellion to try jungle warfare against the empires.)

I hope you like my ideas :D
    • 1 vs 1 is or 2 vs 2 not my style, but it absolutely might appeal to other players. There is a bucket list of possible scenarios you can add then. The classic operations from WW2. But also the war between Finland and Russia, etc

A second pacific map would be interesting as well, adjusted for 2 players (Japan vs Allies) or 4 (Japan vs U.S.A , United Kingdom and China). The pacific map would fasten development, for the map already exists and needs just a little tweeking. But i understand the players will decide in the poll.
    • An idea just popped up : fast play mode.

Creating a map with a faster time speed. This might require fundamental adjustments to programming, unless you bypass it by simply making distances smaller, etc. Maybe thats even a better approach, for I doubt Bytro will drop their current slow-play philosophy for this game that fast.You might halve the production time of units and buildings as well.
    • OK, here is my suggestion for a new map in CoW: "Island Hopping"

Both bigger continents need the same size . So make Australia a bit bigger or Asia smaller. The current Pacific map has to mush continental provinces and the focus is on Asia or America .

Would you like to play with your friends in a game where gold is banned?

Watch for the next season starts in September!
    • We should have a Winter War map, which will involve mostly a Germany, Russia(You could break it up into smaller countries to involve more players), Sweden, Finland, Poland, Ukraine, and maybe UK(Im not sure if they fought that far out), etc. I would also like new skins winter related, and as well as a pictures if possible. This would be asking a lot of effort but would add more content that I know I would play and as well as others.
      Images
      • winterwar.jpg

100.73 kB, 555×481, viewed 855 times
    • crazzymasster wrote:

1936 European Map (Including all the way down to Ethiopia)
      Players;50

The World starts with the Spanish Civil war and the Ethiopian player already at war with Italy (Italy having an advantage but realistically it took a year to take Ethiopia so the Ethiopian player has a fair chance). Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg are united to become Benelux and they start with building a Maginot line (If they want to, only France starts with the Maginot line) Germany has an option to start the Anschluss (Adding events for this map would be great like being able to send volunteers to Spain) and annex Austria and around day 12 be able to claim Czechoslovakia. The allies start as Great Britain (and common wealth), and France while axis are just Germany and the cominterm (communist states) are USSR and this alliances can recruit others (basically a coalition but different in some aspects as trade/ideologies.)
      Africa is owned by Portugal, France, Italy, GB, and Belgium but players can play as rebellions (for example they start with no land but African colonies are not heavily defended so it will add a new aspect to playing a rebellion to try jungle warfare against the empires.)

I hope you like my ideas :D
      Sounds like Hearts of Iron 4
    • Xarus wrote:

OK, here is my suggestion for a new map in CoW: "Island Hopping"

Both bigger continents need the same size . So make Australia a bit bigger or Asia smaller. The current Pacific map has to mush continental provinces and the focus is on Asia or America .
      we have this in the 50 player map
      How many regert electing the current US president, and if not, please, tell me why you havent yet, id love to here you, hopefully smart answer.
    • I think this map will be good for ~10 players. 5 players in Asia and 5 players in Australia. The other islands are controlled by AI. So we have a good balanced alliance clash map.

Would you like to play with your friends in a game where gold is banned?

Watch for the next season starts in September!
    • nemuritor98_ wrote:

miech wrote:

Maybe the Netherlands will finally be playable then, if that means the Indo colonies are included.

Say 5-7 provinces in Europe (Amsterdam, Den Haag, Utrecht, Maastricht, Groningen....or maybe even the islands as a province), and the rest in Asia, all cores though (or else too unbalanced compared to others, as morale will be a huge issue anyway)
      In which scenario you mean, Europe year...?
      Im thinking of the 1 september scenario that was mentioned, on a world map kind. That world map could perhaps not have mid and south Africa, and South America so its at least different then the current world map.

Just I dont know how to fix the Longitude issue, but perhaps some liberties can be taken with the position of the Asian islands.
    • I like a lot of the other ideas, but have no idea why they are posted. I mean the people who basically want the online version of Hearts of Iron (which would be fantastic). This game already leans heavily on being a hybrid Supremacy/HoI 'light', but this is it folks. Real, fundamental gameplay changes will not ever happen here, Im willing to bet all my gold for it (dont use it anyway:P).

No 'fancy' event stuff (no, I dont count the crates) will ever happen. So stick to maps only, you have a better chance to actually have influence:).