Turkeys are being couped up

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Turkeys are being couped up

It seems as if the turkeys are a bit "couped up".

On a more serious note, it's sad to see the death tolls from the past few days. My deepest sympathies are with the people of turkey.

What does this failed coup mean for the US, the west, And NATO?

What punishment will the captured culprits recieve?

I would like to hear what you all think!
      Make America Great Again.

#Trump2016
    • Caesar wrote:

nemuritor98_ wrote:

Why?
      The coup ended, the army, controls absolutely the State, as well as having the support of NATO, it is obvious.
      So you say that, being obvious, nothing will happen in Turkey, all will be flowers and happiness, ok.
      Estoy dispuesto a darlo todo, a luchar por lo que soy, a ser libre dentro de mi, a guerrear mientras viva.

Manual: Básico y Machiavelli
    • Caesar wrote:

nemuritor98_ wrote:

So you say that, being obvious, nothing will happen in Turkey, all will be flowers and happiness, ok
      I'm not interested in discussing the political situation affecting Turkey with another person, simply, have given the arguments by which a civil war in Turkey is impossible, end of the discussion.
      You didn't give any arguments. At least good ones.
      Estoy dispuesto a darlo todo, a luchar por lo que soy, a ser libre dentro de mi, a guerrear mientras viva.

• Caesar wrote:

nemuritor98_ wrote:

You didn't give any arguments. At least good ones.
      The arguments:

Caesar wrote:

The coup ended.

Caesar wrote:

The army, controls absolutely the State

Caesar wrote:

The support of the NATO
      These are the arguments that I have mentioned above, I give this conversation, as completed.
      Funny.

NATO can't stop a civil war in Turkey for the same reason they didn't come to the coup, NATO can just help Turkey if it's attacked by another nation.

The army was who organized the coup, even if a lot of them may been catched or killed by the time, there are more militars that haven't participated in the coup that thinks the same as those who did.

• Caesar wrote:

nemuritor98_ wrote:

Funny.

NATO can't stop a civil war in Turkey for the same reason they didn't come to the coup, NATO can just help Turkey if it's attacked by another nation.

The army was who organized the coup, even if a lot of them may been catched or killed by the time, there are more militars that haven't participated in the coup that thinks the same as those who did.
      Everyone has an opinion, and how I have said, I'm not interested in discussing, not continue citing.
      Those are facts, not opinions.

• Nathan the Warrior wrote:

zombwahead wrote:

In my opinion this is just the beginning.
      Civil War?
      I am not sure if it will be Civil War, but what i know is that Turkey has many political international problems both currently and in history that have not been solved. Some examples are the Kurds and Turkish war thats going on right now and in history multiple genocides that Turkey itself doesn't accept that he did. And what people don't understand is accepting genocide will help them since now other more powerful countries can say hey you do what we want you to do or we will recognize the genocide and if we do then it will turn out that you lied to your people. And those people will attack you (the government of Turkey). Yes if they recognize that they did the genocides they will have to end up giving land and money to those countries and even have a new country in the world called Kurdistan so Turkey will get smaller but it will be good for everyone both Turks and other countries since Turkey will be off the hook of all the things he did and is doing and other countries will get stuff from their suffering. Look at Treaty of Sevres of how the map would look like if this happens. And i think this will happen in the next 10 years. Also the coup can be restarted. People didn't know what was actually going on since internet and news were shut off. (my opinion)
    • Im from Turkey and there are some misunderstanding or purposely misdirection. Turkey never did a single genocide against Kurdish people. In fact it is opposite, Saddam did genocide against them with chemical weapons after that we opened our gates for refugees and around 1 million people came for shelter in 1988. After 4 years some of them went back but most of them stayed and saldy some of them joined the war against the country which helped them. If you check terrorist attacks in Turkey's history you can't miss the increase after 1992.

We are trying to protect 3 million arabian refugees from Syria right now and there are serious arguments to give them citizenship too. But it won't be enough like Kurdish people, 20 years later they will want few cities for their ''Free country''. Right now we are giving them 300 dolars monthly for their 0 hour working and half of my country takes 400 dolars for their 6 days/12 hours working, is it enough? No! If you ask them they are starving, they rather dying in mediterian sea while trying to run toward Europe than living in Turkey. I wish my country was rich like Europe but it isn't what we give all we can, but they will never understand. Maybe we should give them few cities rather than making them citizen, few years later they will claim genocides and start killing innocent people anyway.

We should continue with greeks and give them half of Anatolia because it is Alexander's legacy, then other ethnic groups who lives in Turkey should get territories too. Do you see any logic in this?

I have Kurdish friends, i love them and they love me after all we are children of same country. We are cried, starved, laughed, died together, Turkish meant the person who came from central Asia hundreds of years ago, it means citizen of Turkey now. In Turkish-''Kurdish'' war many Kurdish people are dying as soldiers of Turkey against that terroist organisation. They are abducting Kurdish people, forcing them to use drugs, raping them, threatening them for support and fight for them. They ran into cities and Kurdish people showed us where PKK (Terrorist organisation) houses are, if you saw bombed houses and thought it was a Kurdish house, you are totaly mistaken. There were almost none innocent looses expect bombs PKK used. Right now they are trying to hide in mountains again because they didn't get any support in Kurdish cities...

If Turkey is guilty for something that's really really poor education system. People are becoming doctors engineers without thinking, all they do memorisation math, physics etc. But they don't really learn how to become a good man or think which is better for themselves or their country. While i was studying engineering one of my Kurdish friend was saying They don't want a ''free'' country but they want Kurdish education. I said Ok, you studied in Kurdish and became an engineer where would you work? Almost all of factories are in the west region, Im from middle east of country it is a ''Turkish city'' there are no factories too. We both have to go west and work there, how could you work if you don't know Turkish? He said i was right this area is too small to become seperated countries, if they seperated the life will be a lot worse for them, that's why most of Kurdish people doesn't support PKK. Turkey will be never seperated for the sake of it's all citizens but some wicked people or forces! will continue using Kurdish people because most of them are ignorant easy to exploit. It is same for all citizens, most of them are ignorant so things like this fake coup happens. It isn't a coup, unknown force-s used around 1000 soldiers to display something like a coup. Turkey's total army strenght is 634245 soldiers and less than 1000 soldiers are trying a coup, is there a logic? But most of people can't see that because they are too ignorant and they beated surrendered soldiers to death because they are true muslim, if it didn't say Turkey you can easily think it is Syria and Isis killing innocent people. This isn't humanity nor islam. There is a high threat of radical islamism, both true muslims and republicans are really angry while other half of country celebrating death of innocent people. Possibility of civil war never became this high, sadly it may start soon. Personally i see it irrepressible, thousands of people will die because of ignorance. If something is threating humanity i believe it is not genders, cultures or religion, it is ignorance...
    • Ok, I understand.
      I do not want to start arguing about politics and history. If you are Turkish then you have Turkish education from Turkish point of view and I have different. And arguing with different point of views in here won't accomplish anything. Thank you for your opinion and I understand it, sure I don't fully agree with it (the history part about genocides and stuff) but I respect it. Hopefully you can have the same feelings about my saying.
      Thank You
      Peace.
    • Ggoddkkiller wrote:

Im from Turkey and there are some misunderstanding or purposely misdirection. Turkey never did a single genocide against Kurdish people. In fact it is opposite, Saddam did genocide against them with chemical weapons after that we opened our gates for refugees and around 1 million people came for shelter in 1988. After 4 years some of them went back but most of them stayed and saldy some of them joined the war against the country which helped them. If you check terrorist attacks in Turkey's history you can't miss the increase after 1992.
      Well, Erdogan is attacking the Kurds fighting ISIS.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

That doesn't matter, the Russians are doing the same and ISIS, while the US is bombing ISIS and Govt. forces. Everybody is killing everybody over there.
      Yeah, I do agree with the fact that it's everyone vs everyone down there, and I would like to know the whole picture, but I believe the US stopped bombing government forces a while ago.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • Erdogan wants to change the constitution so the president can be more powerful. Now the Prime Minister has the greatest power in the country. He used to be Prime Minister now he is the president. I mean come on imagine if Obama says I'm changing the constitution so that the president can serve unlimited terms.
      Russia did this too but they succeeded, Putin changed the constitution to that a person can serve only 2 terms IN A ROW. So he brought Medvedev to be president for 2 terms and then he became president after that. So you can be president for 2 years and then someone else cane be and they u can be president again. So basically Putin has been in power for 16 years lol