A Few Suggestions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A Few Suggestions

Here are a few suggestions of mine. If I am wrong on any of these, please let me know so that I can play better :)

1. I have said it before, but just to remind, I think adding research into the build queue would be a superb feature.

2. At one time, in 1914, I was able to reorganize my build queue by altering the numbers. That feature was removed, and the queue in CoW is the same as 1914. That is, if you want to move an item up the list, you have to click it up X many times. I use the queue HEAVILY , so much so that I rarely have resources on hand to build things that are not in the queue, which may have 40+ items on it at a given moment. In peace this isn't so bad, but in a time of war, I like to build airfields as I advance. To add them into the queue can take days too long, it needs to be my #1 priority. But I have to click it up dozens of times. This is annoying.

3. On the province administration tab, it would be nice to be able to organize provinces by "core provinces" and "occupied provinces". It is typically more productive to improve your core provinces over the occupied ones, and sorting through scores of provinces can get to be a time consumer.

4. Air raids, have a group of planes do ONE attack, and then return to home. You can assign units to do a quicky attack, and then logoff without fear of your entire pile of planes getting destroyed by the other players reaction, and the attrition of running several attacks per hour.

5. Retreating! Yes, armies retreat from time to time. It is annoying to have your troops get "stuck in" battle, and all die. Maybe retreating should be an option, with an inclusion morale loss. Morale loss would have to be realistically significant, and could be an equation like the forced march. Perhaps you have to leave a few units behind to delay the enemy, while the other more significant chunk of the army can escape the battle.
    • Butter Ball Bill wrote:

They all sound nice. Maybe we could get some new tech(cough cough super heavy tanks) and another research slot?
      Extra slot, or reduce the existing tech research times.
      Extra slot would push up research by 50%, while decreasing the research times would allow research to rate to be increased by any % that admin/creators wanted :) Just in the event 50% proves to be too intense.

At the current pace it can lead players to pick and choose which tech branches to prioritize... which can lead to interesting battles situations, and no two wars are the same. America can make good use of navy, due to distance to compact Euro-Zone, and the Russians seem to have little need for navy, but focus on land.
    • I'd like a retreating option, it would be a good tactical addition to the game
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • Retreating might be more suitable for a turn based game like Rome total war etc, retreating would be affected (possibly) by the fact it is realtime so even if you have retreated you might not be there to stop the pursuing army from destroying what you've tried so hard to preserve. It's still a good idea though.
      British=best. Duh!

• Build queue needs improvement if I am to extend High Command again. Moving priority of items in the queue is killing me. I have to go through and delete things at the top of the list to easily move the lower or newly added items to the top of the queue and then try and remember what I deleted and add it back in at the tail. Separating the build queue between Buildings and Units would be great thus having 2 build queues (3 if they add the research), assigning priority to which queue gets the next round of resources at the time. Sorting by core and non-core would be nice. Sorting by individual building type would be great, like to sort on airfields find my high levels with high enough IC's to produce bombers. Research queue would be awesome, like any queue it allows to add whats next without having to interrupt wife time with an alarm on my phone going off and saying "I have to go add Nuclear Reactor to my queue, I'll be right back." =O

The post was edited 1 time, last by mallahanjr ().

• besides the micromanagement required with current list set-up:

another missing feature in the build queue: once you have a number of orders in, you can't see what resource is in that province. if you now want to prioritize i.e iron production builds among a long list of planned builds, you have to first look up the province on the map...

in s1914 this feature was there and proved no problem. pls add ASAP

And same here: not renewing High Command if build list is not fixed and/or improved.
      Next to artillery options, the build list is the single most important feature of High Command to me, due to regular absence.

The post was edited 1 time, last by _Pontus_ ().